U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2011, 05:18 PM

2,185 posts, read 3,879,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by behindthescreen View Post
Explain to your best friend what is going on. Explain that you understand what is going on with his father but you are in the middle of purchasing a home and if he can't help you then you are going to use another realtor.

I don't know where you're located but take a look at the agreement. Sometimes you really have an agreement with the brokerage and not just the agent. What you can do is get another agent from the same brokerage if he is not doing his job.

If you call the office, try to be civil and ask for their help. Never call demanding or threatening. They might be willing to help you get another agent and give her brother a referral fee or something.

You shouldn't be calling the listing agents either without telling them you have an agent already.

I do tell listing agents I am working with someone else and explain my situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2011, 05:34 PM

13,729 posts, read 31,503,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
He is my best friends brother and his Dad just passed away last week. Trying to figure out another way out of it without hurting anyone.
While I appreciate your desire not to hurt anyone's feelings, you aren't buying a cheese grater here. You are spending thousands of dollars. You need to decide if you want to put yourself in harms way with poor representation or hurt someones feelings and find good representation.

I vote for good representation and hurt feelings by others.

So I would
1) ask to be released from the contract
2) If not call the managing broker and ask to have another agent assigned to you.

Old 06-15-2011, 05:48 PM

8,831 posts, read 17,414,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupcake77 View Post
He is my best friends brother and his Dad just passed away last week. Trying to figure out another way out of it without hurting anyone.
You gotta be a little selfish here. You are making an extremely large purchase. Hire a professional but have him get paid a referral fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or