Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2008, 10:05 AM

208 posts, read 872,089 times

Advertisements

Is there any other real estate companies besides United Country that allow nationwide searches of their data bases?We can move anywhere we want and we do want acreage.Many websites do not use size of lot as a criteria for searches and I have to go through all their listings.My searches are for 5 acres+,under 100,000,1+ bedrooms (we want a small house).I know this limits us to the midwest and some southren states as far as price goes.Any other websites for nationwide or whole state searches,please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2008, 10:13 AM

2,203 posts, read 9,318,872 times
Realtor.com will allow you to narrow your search by acreage. You just have to click on "advanced" search to input the minimum acreage. I think they'll give you everything in your price range (regardless of lot size), but the matches at the beginning are the ones that are the 100% matches with the larger lot sizes, so at least you'll be able to look through the first page or two and then forget about the rest.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:19 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Remax.com allows you to do a state search and also size of lot. Go to the advanced search.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:23 AM

3,414 posts, read 7,141,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen B View Post
Realtor.com will allow you to narrow your search by acreage. You just have to click on "advanced" search to input the minimum acreage. I think they'll give you everything in your price range (regardless of lot size), but the matches at the beginning are the ones that are the 100% matches with the larger lot sizes, so at least you'll be able to look through the first page or two and then forget about the rest.
I don't think Realtor.com has "nationwide" search where it will tell you everything, everywhere...

Old 06-05-2008, 10:28 AM

208 posts, read 872,089 times
Default yeah!! thank you!

Thank you for the remax info,dixiegirl7.Gretchen,realtor.com will allow me to search by size of acreage but not by state-i believe I have to have a specific zip code.Any more out there?

Old 06-05-2008, 10:30 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Also, not all listings available are on Realtor.com. My last Realtor told me that his company had stopped posting their listings on Realtor.com at all.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 AM

2,203 posts, read 9,318,872 times
Realtor.com probably comes the closest to having most listings, since I think all the MLS's feed automatically to it. But the rural areas with no MLS would be a problem. Also, for a wider search area, put in a town - not a zip code - and then click on "add nearby areas". You won't get the whole state, but at least you'll be able to expand at least to a county-size area.

You also might try Trulia.com. I haven't experimented much with it, but it's supposed to getting pretty national. Or what about yahoorealestate or google's real estate search?

Old 06-05-2008, 01:46 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Also, not all listings available are on Realtor.com. My last Realtor told me that his company had stopped posting their listings on Realtor.com at all.
Realtor.com pulls listings from MLS databases nationwide. Your realtor may have been referring to the "enhanced" listing packages that are available for a price (too high a price IMHO) to those agents/companies that want to stand out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate