Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:47 PM

150 posts, read 693,817 times

Advertisements

This real estate game is simply mind-boggling. For 2 months, nothin'. No offers, dwindling showings, me having panic attacks about trying to find a kindergarten HERE for the fall. Then out of nowhere, in the span of 2 days, we're talking about inspections (fingers and toes all crossed) and closing dates! Saturday morning- no prospects. Monday night - well-qualified buyer, no contingencies, and the closing date that we requested! (OK, so it wasn't a flawless transaction, as we did accept an offer $15K lower than our asking price. BUT it started out being $25K lower. So getting that extra 10K softened the blow. IMO my sanity is worth $15K!)

Keep the faith fellow sellers!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 07:48 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle_Gal View Post
This real estate game is simply mind-boggling. For 2 months, nothin'. No offers, dwindling showings, me having panic attacks about trying to find a kindergarten HERE for the fall. Then out of nowhere, in the span of 2 days, we're talking about inspections (fingers and toes all crossed) and closing dates! Saturday morning- no prospects. Monday night - well-qualified buyer, no contingencies, and the closing date that we requested! (OK, so it wasn't a flawless transaction, as we did accept an offer $15K lower than our asking price. BUT it started out being $25K lower. So getting that extra 10K softened the blow. IMO my sanity is worth $15K!)

Keep the faith fellow sellers!

Way to go. Best of luck and congratz. Forgot to add $15k is worth your sanity as most on this board would agree.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:06 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
Good for you! I'm trying not to think about it; maybe it really WILL happen!

Old 06-09-2008, 10:03 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,415,461 times
Congrats! That's just how it goes some times, a strange business. One new buyer in the pool and you're on the way to a close date. Again, best of luck.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:14 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,298,706 times
It only takes one buyer! Looks like you found that ONE buyer or I guess they found you! Good job.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:30 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Big Whoo Hoo! Way to go..you just never know, do you..I agree, our sanity is not worth $15,000 in this market, and if we stayed here a year that is just under what we would pay in house payments here, yes that would work for us...hubby was saying yesterday it would be nice to get a full price offer. Won't happen and he knows that...he really needs to get out of here, the stress is probably going to kill him..not really but he is so quiet and seems depressed. Misses our kids and CA, I guess....I have my own issues so we just hope something happens soon.

Again, congrats and good luck!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:44 AM

150 posts, read 693,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
we just hope something happens soon.
Dogmom,

When I wrote my post I was thinking about you! I so feel for you! Sooner or later - let's hope sooner - you will be in the same boat. One day, misery. The next day, a complete turnaround. I know that our house hasn't been for sale long, but due to the circumstances of our move (kid starting school in fall/new and unfamiliar state/hurricane season to consider/and my extremely anal-retentive preparation for each showing), the process seemed magnified. You just never know. Our potential buyer for our 4/2 large-yard house is an older, single woman. Never would have predicted that. My husband also talked big that he wouldn't drop the price. Once you get a somewhat decent offer, your husband will come around too. Good luck to YOU!

Old 06-10-2008, 03:10 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
So nice to read this! We haven't even listed yet and already my stress level has multiplied! My cardiologist is NOT going to be happy with me.

Here's to hoping that there are no more "shoes" to drop! Good luck!

Old 06-10-2008, 04:32 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Rothbear, take a deep breath and just prepare for the long haul and hope you get lucky with an easy sale...remember to just price it right, I mean, really right..that was our mistake in the beginning and we have been chasing the market down since Sept. None of this is worth putting this much stress and illness in our lives...frustrating yes. Depressing, yes..not worth your life, though...think positive thought, I have been trying to do that the last couple days..thinking about what a nice home this is and how wonderful it would be for someone else...kind of looking at it with different eyes. I am tired of being upset an depressed, but I do want to go 'home' and now it's summer and I am not a fan of summer, I wanted to get out of here before the real heat set in..guess again..well that's why they have a/c, right??

We had one couple through yesterday, for the third time..I thought it was the second, but their agent corrected me...they came through a couple months ago...their agent came back in to give us the key to the clubhouse and told us we were the top of their list..and the husband came in to measure the office. Supposedly the husband loves it, the wife isn't sure she wants to live in a family neighborhood..Hellooo! If you were to look around, there isn't a kid around for two blocks, at least. And this is not an age restricted development, any where in here.. You know if they would just ask we could tell them that..lol. And then we had another buyer through this afternoon, stayed about 10 minutes. I just love sitting in a hot car with my doxie running the a/c while we wait. we wre going to just put the dogs in the jeep and we could sit out back, but it's just too hot now, so might as well take the cars and sit up around the corner and run the air. I wonder what my gasoline bill is going to be after this...

Anyway, we wait...

Old 06-10-2008, 04:47 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,043,847 times
That is great news - congrats on your offer! We sold our home also - the termite inspection was done last week (spot treatment on 4 small areas that cost us only $295), our home inspection (3 1/2 hours) was today - only a couple small problems that aren't expensive to fix) - next is the appraisal - our escrow is supposed to close July 2...this whole thing is just one big stomach ache, LOL.

Good luck and let us know how your escrow is going!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate