Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 01:51 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,590,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Of course I condon his action. Have you not paid any attention? Any rational individual would condon his action. Only the right wing libertarians are bothered by it. He is terminating a contract in an allowed way. Why on earth would I disapprove?
Maybe. But the way he's OBTAINING the new mortgage isn't. That's mortgage fraud. And I believe that's a felony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 03:21 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leavingbyron View Post
Maybe. But the way he's OBTAINING the new mortgage isn't. That's mortgage fraud. And I believe that's a felony.
Nope. Not a single fraud is involved. He answers every question truthfully. Note that in fact there is nothing wrong with the new deal. It is the prior one that is in trouble. And when he lets go of the old house he actually improves his ability to pay off the new one.

If you ever really want to find mortgage fraud just check out the number of investors with owner occupied mortgages. Probably start a half million felony actions if the prosecutors were of the mind. I would bet that more than half the investor mortgages in Las Vegas required owner occupancy.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:01 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,590,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Nope. Not a single fraud is involved. He answers every question truthfully. Note that in fact there is nothing wrong with the new deal. It is the prior one that is in trouble. And when he lets go of the old house he actually improves his ability to pay off the new one.

If you ever really want to find mortgage fraud just check out the number of investors with owner occupied mortgages. Probably start a half million felony actions if the prosecutors were of the mind. I would bet that more than half the investor mortgages in Las Vegas required owner occupancy.
Quote:
There are two types of Mortgage Fraud: fraud for property and fraud for profit. Fraud for Property, also known as Fraud for Housing, usually involves the borrower as the perpetrator on a single loan. The borrower makes a few misrepresentations, usually regarding income, personal debt, and property value or there are down payment problems.
What was that you were saying about "renting" his other property to get a loan for the new place? If that's NOT fact, that's misrepresentation. Misrepresentation=fraud. There is no gray area.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:09 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Actually, they are looking at a signed rental agreement for your other home as being a requirement for a new loan....

Then again, get a friend to sign it, then have that friend "back out of the rental agreement" and then let it foreclose...and don't sue your friend.

I doubt they would pursue him (or you) in court.

Last edited by 70Ford; 06-18-2008 at 05:19 PM..

Old 06-18-2008, 05:17 PM

151 posts, read 526,890 times
Quote:

Aint that the truth. We live in a take what you can, while you can world. Lying makes the money go around.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:11 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by postprime View Post
Aint that the truth. We live in a take what you can, while you can world. Lying makes the money go around.
I don't want to live in that world.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:05 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If you borrow, you pay. It's called integrity.
Yes I agree. However, more and more, everyday, integrity goes down the drain. It is replaced by uncontrolled greed and people playing the "victim" and wanting others to bail them out. A small condo or ranch home is not good enugh for people-they need the 2500 sq foot home. Who cares if down the road they cannot afford the mortgage-someone will bail them out.

If you can truly afford the huge home-fine-more power to you. However, don't expect me to bail you out through tax $$ or a weakened economy because a 2 bedroom condo was not good enough for you.

Nicolem

Old 06-19-2008, 12:36 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Yes I agree. However, more and more, everyday, integrity goes down the drain. It is replaced by uncontrolled greed and people playing the "victim" and wanting others to bail them out. A small condo or ranch home is not good enugh for people-they need the 2500 sq foot home. Who cares if down the road they cannot afford the mortgage-someone will bail them out.

If you can truly afford the huge home-fine-more power to you. However, don't expect me to bail you out through tax $$ or a weakened economy because a 2 bedroom condo was not good enough for you.

Nicolem
Hey I bet you think the moon landings were fake...don't you?

Old 06-19-2008, 12:56 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Default "It's just business" to walk away from your loan.

There's an old saying "What goes around, comes around".

They may think they are getting away with something but it will hit them someday.

Every action has a reaction.

Old 06-19-2008, 03:15 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Hey I bet you think the moon landings were fake...don't you?
As a matter of fact I do. I also think the earth is flat.

Whatever.

Nicolem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate