Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 06:03 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
Based on my current experience, they will find out when the loan documents are being drafted up. I'm not sure I'd be happy to see if the buyer agent is getting more than the selling agent.
Many times there is a difference iin commssion splits if the listing agent has taken a reduced price listing and offered a full BAC to the buyer agent.

Commissions are shown on the sellers side of the HUD1 and usually buyers don't pay a lot attention or realize the splits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Many times there is a difference iin commssion splits if the listing agent has taken a reduced price listing and offered a full BAC to the buyer agent.

Commissions are shown on the sellers side of the HUD1 and usually buyers don't pay a lot attention or realize the splits.
I notice because it's a big number. However, my point is that if the seller is getting the full commission and the buy agent is getting a larger commission it might appear strange.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:36 PM

1,049 posts, read 4,020,524 times
I think that lowering the price or using the money for concessions would attract more potential buyers. The bonus won't work because any offer less that full price, the first thing that gets negotiated out is the bonus. period.

Old 07-20-2008, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio M View Post
I think that lowering the price or using the money for concessions would attract more potential buyers. The bonus won't work because any offer less that full price, the first thing that gets negotiated out is the bonus. period.
Maybe in your area, but very seldom in ours. It's against our MLS rules for agents to negotiate advertised commissions.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:21 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,665,452 times
I saw today, on a listing that was just reduced to far below what homes are going for in this area............scrolling accross........that a New 42 inch flat screen TV will be given to the buyer who offers full price.......
What else will someone have to kick in to sell their home.......

Old 07-21-2008, 08:15 PM

830 posts, read 1,064,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summering View Post
I saw today, on a listing that was just reduced to far below what homes are going for in this area............scrolling accross........that a New 42 inch flat screen TV will be given to the buyer who offers full price.......
What else will someone have to kick in to sell their home.......
I almost kicked in my BMW Z3 ..... yikes, so glad I came my senses! I still think the Buyers's Bonus is a good idea but make it so even your own agent will get the bonus if they bring in the Buyer. Keep the bonus reasonable so hopefully it's not large enough to make someone do anything unethical.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 PM

1,177 posts, read 4,156,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel View Post
I almost kicked in my BMW Z3 ..... yikes, so glad I came my senses! I still think the Buyers's Bonus is a good idea but make it so even your own agent will get the bonus if they bring in the Buyer. Keep the bonus reasonable so hopefully it's not large enough to make someone do anything unethical.

People are either ethical or unethical. It has nothing to do with making someone do anything unethical. If a buyer agent "steers" a client to a house because of an incentive bonus, no matter how "reasonable", then the agent is unethical. If your house meets my clients' criteria I will recommend that my clients see it. If it's the right house and priced correctly they will probably consider making an offer. IMO, any agent bonus incentive is immaterial except to the degree it will lower the purchase price to my clients or pay their closing costs.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:33 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenAngel View Post

I've seen those where people offer cars, even those other ones that offered another small house.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f_m View Post
I've seen those where people offer cars, even those other ones that offered another small house.
With many of the new laws against mortgage fraud, incentives like these to buyers may get someone a jail term.

We are selling a home where the buyer is getting an FHA loan & all parties and their agents had to sign a document that said nothing like this was being given to the buyers.

It's got to be written and disclosed in the contract.

Last edited by Rakin; 07-21-2008 at 09:14 PM..

Old 07-21-2008, 08:53 PM

830 posts, read 1,064,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbone View Post
[/u][/i][/b]

People are either ethical or unethical. It has nothing to do with making someone do anything unethical.
I hear what you are saying and giving it more thought now, I've changed my mind about a buyers bonus. Had I given my unethical realter my BMW to use as a bonus, there is the chance that she may not have brought in potential buyers but might have held out for her own buyer. Come to think of it ..... the three offers we had on my home, one was people I showed the house to and the other two were her buyers. Hmmmmmmm, only she knows the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate