Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 09:38 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdzup3 View Post
wow dogmom thats a great surprise!!!! this thread is amazing, its like our little coffeehouse to hang out in.... we need a new place to go so we can all chat as we sell our houses!
i once again am on that roller coaster. i wasnt the least bit excited or cared about my showing when my husband told me, but mabey its because i didnt have to clean for it.. lol but now that i heard they didnt want it and wasted our time, im haveing a hard time again.
i am trying to stay positive.. im thinking if i should renew the contract in sept.. or just let it be until spring.. take the time to get the stuff we should do here done.. trim work and some minor things. i got another huge rainbow that showed up over my salon last night! i didnt see it first but my friend said oh look at the rainbow... i said aww its for me..lol. so ill just keep thinking that.. and this morning, my little cardinals are chip chipping away, another sign ive gathered. i see cardinals all over all the time. i never remember seeing them so much..before it was a treat to actually see one. now they are always around. who knows. hope you all have a great day!!! xxxxooooo!

Congrats dogman you really deserved that. What a wonderful thread you started.

hdzup3 I was fooling around with Zillow last night and went to a few homes of family and friends. I don't believe all on Zillow but they also have recent sales in the area. My daughters home went down $15,000 because the house across the street from them sold for $50,000 less as did two others near her then what they were selling for a few months ago. I went to three states and all the recent sold prices are down. I didn't check Conn and I will today since my cousin lives in Trumbell. I know how you feel though. You need a break and the market could pick up in the spring but you have to wonder if the market does pick up in the spring at what price does it pick up from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 09:41 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
True Barb-it is almost like a slap in the face.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:06 AM

OMG I need some CPR here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our realtor just called and we have an offer coming in - hopefully by Monday.

But get this-the people have only viewed our house on-line and virtual tour, sent their broker from 75 mi away to view and want to make an offer. It's a contingency tho as they have to sell in AZ first.

All the discussion yesterday of parents who passed still being with us had me looking up and asking my Dad for a boost. I am so freaked out now.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:46 AM

336 posts, read 864,150 times
dogmom~

That is wonderful. Now you can buy something(s) special for your new place when you move.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:12 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
dogmom...way cool prize! That will give you a little sweet something to look forward to in the days to come! I didn't know CD gave prizes?!

lacey..IMO if you do get a good offer with contingency, I would suggest you see if you can write it up so that you keep showing it. And if you get another (not necessarily 'higher') offer that can move forward sooner, then there is clause that the contigency offer has like 48 hrs, to either move forward ASAP or let it go so you can move forward....there is some way to do it legally.
just a thought. I have know some folks get caught up in a contingency without allowing a way to accept other offers...
good luck to ya!

Old 08-06-2008, 11:16 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

But get this-the people have only viewed our house on-line and virtual tour, sent their broker from 75 mi away to view and want to make an offer. It's a contingency tho as they have to sell in AZ first.

All the discussion yesterday of parents who passed still being with us had me looking up and asking my Dad for a boost. I am so freaked out now.
That is great news but the contingency thing is something to think about. We did that once and almost lost the house we wanted since there was the 48 hour clause in it.Another couple put an offer on the house but The last min we got a clean offer for our home so we could buy the other home. If you take it make sure the realtor shows the home still and your pb have 48 hours to take off the contingency if another offer comes your way.
Good luck and ask your dad for that boost. I typed to slow same advice.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:22 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Guess what..I am so shocked. I won a gift certificate from the folks here at city date for Overstock.com....I don't know how that happened..maybe all my whining?? Anyway, can I use that! I didn't even know they gave things out...so now I have wonderful friends and a gift certificate...again, wow
Congrats dogmom that is wonderful!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 11:29 AM

Thanks for advice will see what happens when offer comes in and how it's written.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:33 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post

That is wonderful news! I hope it works out for you. Lorriem has some very good advice that is really important though. You need to have the option of still showing your home and 48 hours to take off the contingency if another offer comes your way. I also would want to know how long there home has been on the market and how it is priced for the area. Depending on where in Arizona it is makes a difference to, I know the Phoenix area has been hit hard by this housing mess because we have been looking there.
My thoughts and prayers are with you that it is a good offer!

Old 08-06-2008, 12:04 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Lacey..that is great..hoping it's a good one at a good price..definitely you need that clause that lets you continue to show the house, otherwise the potential buyers have no motiviation to get theirs sold as fast. I would find out their address and do some research before you ok it.

You never know where an offer is coming from....

We go to sign closing papers Friday at 10 a.m. We are staying here until early Monday morning...our friends are having a bbq for us on Saturday night..if I could not go I would not go...I don't like those farewell things...that's just easier on me and the chicken way out...i am having waves of excitement about our new adventure, and horrible waves of sadness at leaving friends. Why is this so hard, something we have needed for so long...why?

Rats...and then I talked to my cousin who lives near our mobile..they are having big parties this weekend for my cousin Sally who turns 50 and my cousin Cathy who turns 60. And I won't be there until Tuesday..Rats again..
those parties would be so much fun....I think they need to call me and put me on conference, right?

We have most of the furniture gone to storage except our sofa and bedroom set, we are taking the sofa and one queen bed. My bedroom set goes into storage. Looking around it is getting done...I am so tired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate