Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 10:57 AM

657 posts, read 1,788,254 times

Advertisements

i think im lowering one more time. lol. i have said this 4 times already. i keep getting these feelings of fear out of nowhere, i get so nervous all of a sudden to move.. i want to more than anything but why the fear spazms? do you think this is for a reason? is it happening soon? lol. cant wait to get this going..
my poor grandmother and dad are going to be so heartbroken when it does happen. mabey this is what the fear spazm is, pure guilt! gotta live for me and mine now..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 11:18 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
HDZ-the fear is natural, going to the unknown. You have to do what's best for you and your family and it will all work out.

There are times I have second thoughts, especially now that it's summer and nice but all I have to do is remind myself that winter and snow will soon be here and I don't know if I could make it thru one like last year.

Hang in. You always have us.

Old 07-27-2008, 11:22 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
i kind of understand how you feel, hdzup, about moving and feeling guilty. both my parents are older there will only be my one sister here for them if they need her, and she's not the most repsonsible. But my husband feels worse because most of his family is still here and we just found out a month ago his sister is having her first baby. But we know we have to do what's best for us finally, we've both put off going where we truly want to be. and we say it'll be a good place for everyone to come, visit, and relax.

right, laceyex, ugh! the winter!!!

Old 07-27-2008, 01:05 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Listen, moving to the unknown is the hardest thing ever...go with what is best for YOU your DH and kids. Families have moved away from each other for generations, who knows maybe they will follow. It's tough..we dont live near our kids, and most likely won't. One is in NorCal, the other in SoCal so even if we were to go back to either place, one of them is not close.

We left lifelong friends when we left SoCal in 2004. Tough. Now we have made some wonderful friends here, but again we are leaving...It's breaking my heart and I know DH is going to miss his good buddy, but once we are free of the financial nightmare, then we can afford to do a little travel.

Its a tough call. If our home was smaller and affordable for us, we would have pulled it off the market months ago.

Hang tight, if it's supposed to sell, it will. Drop the price again, see if that stirs some interest.

hugs sent your way)

Old 07-27-2008, 03:46 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,850 times
When (or if ) we ever sell we will be moving close to one of our grandchildren and further away from two of them. It will be only about a seven hour drive but I still have a little bit of guilt about it. I realize however that they will be coming to see us often and that my husband and I are at the age that it is time we do this last move for us. It won't be easy but we look at it as a new chapter in our lives.

Old 07-27-2008, 06:29 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Default Selling is purgatory

Hi everyone, Mini rant...hope you understand.

This whole thing is scary. On the one hand, I can't wait to move, but on the other hand, we'll be moving away from our kids, our jobs, and a familiar environment. This is all theoretical at this point, as we haven't had a showing in about 3 weeks...the market here is really slow.

Our local paper lists recent sales every Sunday, and there were none from my town, or the school district we are in. Nothing in our price range is selling...the higher priced homes are, and the lower priced homes are.

I have talked to my dh about lowering the price, but at this point, we are competitive. I checked and their are 30 homes in my area in our price range. My realtor said you have to be lower than the competition. There is part of me that says, keep dropping the price little by little until someone sees such a good deal that they have to have it, or drop it drastically, say from $379,000 to $359,000. What works better?

My dh feels that would be "running scared", as we have only listed since June 12th... with no second lookers either. I sat here all day today, waiting and hoping. Nothing. Cleaned the house, for no reason.

Hdzup3, you said the winters are your biggest concern, and feeling that the cold weather is coming may be driving your anxiety. You'll be okay...you've survived winter before, and you'll survive it again, if you need to. Keep the faith. I'll say a prayer that the right buyer comes along for you and everyone else too. Maybe with the election things will change for the better?

Thanks for listening. Tambre

Old 07-27-2008, 07:00 PM

Tambre, you are at 379,000...I would either get it below 375,000 or below 350,000. In my recent and past experience, and lord knows I am no expert, it seems that once you go below a certain 'price point' you get more hits and lookers...What that magic number is, I don't know. For us it was going below 400,000. You and DH can only decide what you need to do.

How tired are you of waiting, cleaning..we did this for 10 months and the stress has taken a real toll on us. We should have cut and run much sooner and we would have gotten more, I know it. But we did what we did, and that's how it is and move on.

Think about your relationship and stress level...then you can decide what to do. If you drop below most of your competition you are bound to get more lookers...more lookers = more buyers?

It's a tough call...if we knew the answer we wouldn't all be in this boat! Hang tough, its only been since June, but think about how long you want to do this...

take care)

Old 07-27-2008, 08:25 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Hi Dogmom,

There is another reason why we have to sell, in that we have already bought land, and are developing it by building a small building (crazy or stupid?), which is going to be a financial stretch. We are building it so we have a place to move to if someone needs a fast closing. This plan was set into motion before the bottom dropped out of the market. I'm going to run the $375,000 price reduction by my dh...if that is a good price point due to internet searches? Do you think someone would look at $375,000 who wouldn't look at $379,000? Maybe a $5,000 closing cost incentive. Hey, it would at least be something changing, so it might produce some interest. Thanks for your suggestion Dogmom. How's the packing going? When are you going to move your belongings out to your cute new house? Did anyone have any promising showings this weekend? Tambre

Old 07-27-2008, 08:50 PM

336 posts, read 864,351 times
Hey everyone hope your weekend has gone well. We had a showing on weds and friday. The young couple that came weds absolutely loved the place and commended me on my staging. Said the house was in wonderful shape and most definately on there top of homes. So will be making sure the house is in tip top shape this week incase they come by for another showing. They also said the house is priced right which is good to hear. My realtor encouraged them to right it up and there realtor said she will be back to her this week! Staying very optimistic...thats the key OPTIMISTIC not giving up hope. Its nice because what my neighbor said is they are young with a young son, which is nice since we were young with a young son when we had this home built almost 7 years ago.

Old 07-27-2008, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hi Dogmom,

There is another reason why we have to sell, in that we have already bought land, and are developing it by building a small building (crazy or stupid?), which is going to be a financial stretch. We are building it so we have a place to move to if someone needs a fast closing. This plan was set into motion before the bottom dropped out of the market. I'm going to run the $375,000 price reduction by my dh...if that is a good price point due to internet searches? Do you think someone would look at $375,000 who wouldn't look at $379,000? Maybe a $5,000 closing cost incentive. Hey, it would at least be something changing, so it might produce some interest. Thanks for your suggestion Dogmom. How's the packing going? When are you going to move your belongings out to your cute new house? Did anyone have any promising showings this weekend? Tambre

I would drop it to 374990...that gets it below the 375,000 mark, that is only 5,000 lower than 379,000 or a little under that...seems to me most of the search engines can search in 25,000 increments, like 300-325, 325-350, 350-375, etc...I could be wrong but it might be enough to get you over that hump and still sell...

I read somewhere here that sellers are buying down the buyer's points..might that be an option? Guess it saves them on their monthly payment..or something toward closing costs...you might think about it..

I am heading to bed pretty quick, hoping for a good week for everyone!
Barb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate