Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2008, 09:02 PM

157 posts, read 446,009 times

Advertisements

Kristine, I think that's a GREAT sign!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:09 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
I hope you smiled really pretty in the front door for them or maybe stand with a sign that said WELCOME HOME!

Old 09-18-2008, 09:43 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
I would have probably mooned them...they'd never forget my house!! LOL

hope everyone is hanging in there. I have been in my late summer funk, can't seem to focus and get anything done! Trying to go thru boxes that were hastily packed when we listed back in Jan. and just don't know which way to turn ARRRGGHH
ALmost friday again...here's hoping the buyers will be flooding the streets to find a new home

nite nite dear peeps!

Old 09-18-2008, 11:57 PM

336 posts, read 864,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Is it a good sign when someone drives up to your house and takes a picture? Someone just did that to my house and it looked like they were there specifically to take a picture of my house.

Kristine
I think it is a good sign. funny you mention it my neighbor across the street said she seen a couple come and take pics of the house weds of last week and it turned out to be the couple who put in an offer. So good luck and hope they call for a showing and better yet have an offer too.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:35 AM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Is it a good sign when someone drives up to your house and takes a picture? Someone just did that to my house and it looked like they were there specifically to take a picture of my house.

Kristine

It sounds good to me, I would think they are really interested if they take a photo.
The only people who have stopped in front of my house lately are either waiting for the red light to change or have gotten in an accident, which happens at least a couple of times a month. Luckily we haven't had any go through our front stucco wall and front yard for quite awhile. I am so wanting to get out of here!

Old 09-19-2008, 05:12 AM

959 posts, read 1,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtoTX View Post
Kristine, I think that's a GREAT sign!
I hope your right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I hope you smiled really pretty in the front door for them or maybe stand with a sign that said WELCOME HOME!
I was trying to keep my dogs from barking and freaking them out and trying not to be seen by them so that they did not feel rushed. I am sure they saw me and thought WTH is she doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
I would have probably mooned them...they'd never forget my house!! LOL

hope everyone is hanging in there. I have been in my late summer funk, can't seem to focus and get anything done! Trying to go thru boxes that were hastily packed when we listed back in Jan. and just don't know which way to turn ARRRGGHH
ALmost friday again...here's hoping the buyers will be flooding the streets to find a new home

nite nite dear peeps!
Oh man, you crack me up! Your not alone in the late summer funk. I know a lot of people who are there right now. It is like they know that winter is looming and it is making them sad. Eat some ice cream, that always makes everything better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
I think it is a good sign. funny you mention it my neighbor across the street said she seen a couple come and take pics of the house weds of last week and it turned out to be the couple who put in an offer. So good luck and hope they call for a showing and better yet have an offer too.
Oh I hope this is the same! I am trying not to get my hopes up but why would someone take a picture of a house if they did not like it? Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
It sounds good to me, I would think they are really interested if they take a photo.
The only people who have stopped in front of my house lately are either waiting for the red light to change or have gotten in an accident, which happens at least a couple of times a month. Luckily we haven't had any go through our front stucco wall and front yard for quite awhile. I am so wanting to get out of here!
This happened to my nephews house before he moved into it. There is a HUGE boulder in his front yard so I asked him what that was about. He told me that the guy he bought the house from put it there because a car had come through his living room once and that was not going to happen again. I cannot even imagine!

Kristine

Old 09-19-2008, 08:30 AM

336 posts, read 864,150 times
Good Morning everyone. Today is my buyers home inspection. They were supposed to come at 11:45 today but moved it to 12:30, so Im gonna pack a lunch and take my dog to the park for a couple of hours. I am hoping it won't take more that 2 hrs, there realtor in an email said they should be in and out in roughly 2 hrs, so I will just come back around 3 and if they are still here I will just go and sit down the street and wait until they leave. I just hope all goes well and we can still proceed forward on oct 28th for closing.

Old 09-19-2008, 10:10 AM

571 posts, read 1,049,536 times
Hi everyone!

Boot camp members were right! Third time was a charm! I have good news! We have an offer on our home! We received the offer yesterday afternoon after being told the previous day that we "might" be getting an offer. I didn't post because I didn't want to jinx it!

Anyway, we countered, and we got a call from our realtor last night that they had accepted the counter!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be signing papers later today. We didn't get the price we were hoping for, but we came pretty close, and I know that we have to be realistic. And the buyers are cash (!), so we don't have to worry about them qualifying for a loan.

I want to thank all of you for your continued support. Now it's a whole new set of things to "worry" about ie: the inspection, repairs, will we really get to closing, etc. (I am a worrier by nature.)

So, to all of you waiting for an offer... hang in there... it will happen!!!

hammy, the picture taking is a very good sign!
sykesfamily, good luck on your inspection ~ we should be having ours in the next few days...

Anita

Old 09-19-2008, 10:15 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Anita that is wonderful news! Thank goodness it is cash too!! Congrats...

Old 09-19-2008, 10:21 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,922 times
So happy for you Anita!!!! congrats!!!!

We have made it through the inspection (not one thing wrong!) and this morning the appraisal. ALl good signs that we will make it to closing! Movers come next week and I am now getting excited. 8 long months and ready ready ready!!!!! Sorry for the excitement!! I just want to shout with relief and happiness. Your days will come soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate