Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 11:16 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,887,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
hooey, I am tired,Went to the neighbors for an impromtu cookout and now I am crosseyed LOL. I 'll be back on tomorrow. Everyone sleep good and be ready to hit ground running in the morning

Irish proverb-

A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures in the doctor's book.

pixie dust to all!!

p.s. BTW.....DD is going to NLSO..navy legal re:deposit & landlord for advice

Nite Crazyma, sweet dreams and I am so glad to hear your DD is going to try to go after her former landlord!

Old 08-18-2008, 10:35 AM

571 posts, read 1,048,343 times
Hello All,

We had a busy weekend, so I am now catching up on all of the posts... I LOVE reading this thread!

We had one showing yesterday. We were out so we don't know how long they were here. Hopefully we will hear something positive! The showings have slowed down, probably partly due to our neighbor two doors down listing his home a week after ours. He is not particularly well liked in the neighborhood (one of those conspiracy theory kinds of people), so we feel for anyone who deals with him. They held an open house each day of the weekend which brought a lot of traffic by our place, and a few people stopped and took flyers from the box on our front lawn.

LaceyEx ~ sounds like a great decision... as you said, you are not in a rush, so why accept anything less than what you want.

Judy P. ~ we are here for you! Hopefully the price drop will do the trick and you can realize those dreams sooner rather than later!

Lawmom ~ welcome to the group!

Prayers and pixie dust to all!

Anita

Old 08-18-2008, 10:50 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,141,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Well I finally talked my hubby into lowering the price another $50,000. He is the most easy going guy that you could ever meet, one of those people who never met a stranger and always has a smile on his face, but right now he isn't smiling, he is worried all our hopes and dreams are slowly going down the toilet in this market. Oh yes I forgot to add we also reduced the price on the mobile home we are also trying to sell another $20,000. Not a good weekend I am afraid.
Hey Judy, Hey everyone,

Judy, you sound like you're describing the way my dh has been acting lately, and we haven't even lowered the price. He feels that I am looking at the whole prospect of selling our house, from a negative perspective, and that I should stay strong and remain positive about the value of the house. I think we should lower the price, but he doesn't want to "give it away". Unfortunately, his cousin, who lives in the Raleigh area, visited with us this weekend and supported his position. His cousin even went so far to say that my attitude was depressing my dh. Not my intention, of course, but just a different way of looking at things.

I've heard too many sellers on here say they wish they had lowered the price right away, as they ended up chasing the market down, always priced too high to sell. Guess time will tell. We haven't had a showing since 8/8. Our contract runs out in December, so until then looks like we'll be keeping the price the same, and hope for the best. All it takes is one buyer! Sending everyone pixie dust, mojo, and prayers. You guys are the best!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:15 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,813,408 times
We met with our realtor for over an hour and she convinced us to counter. We did but with a firm price, 48 hr contingency, 10K earnest money, 10/1 sale of their home and 10/15 closing here. We'll see.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:40 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,338,277 times
I am in!!!!!!!!!
thanks for the invite!!!!
I have a feeling I will be here awhile!!!!!!!!!!

We're all in it together!!!! la la la!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a showing today.. No word back from realtor. Can't be a good sign!!!! keep on plugging! BUT the kicker is they already have a house they put in an offer to!! I am sure we are only their bargaining chip to lower the other home across the street most likely...........

Old 08-18-2008, 11:56 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,171,774 times
Welcome njsocks!! This ia a good place to come and chat & vent...you can hang out and forget your cares for a while.Please feel free to post anythign, funny, inspirational, or just silly!!

Boy I better get with it on my poetry writing !!! for theses new recruits

Old 08-18-2008, 12:57 PM

336 posts, read 863,368 times
welcome to our neck of the woods njsocks..... Just wait a bit on the feedback. Some have time to give some don't and some just refuse to give it. Been down that road before. So how is everyone. Missed you all over the weekend been real busy and it was hotter than haiti here over the weekend so I kept low trying to keep cool. No showings at all over the weekend which is not unusual so I have been up today on a cleaning streak and when I do that I usually bring in calls for showings. I have not talked to my realtor either I emailed her friday to check with the realtor who showed our home 3 times to check on that offer that was supposed to come in last week. But she has not called or emailed back yet. Talked to my neighbor saturday and she heard the people who looked at our home who were supposed to write up an offer talking about writing it up and how much they love the house and all the stuff they want to do. So I am not giving up hope on them and hopefully we will hear something back from them soon.

Well hoping good things happen for us all this week. Offers offers offers come on in!! pixie dust to everyone on offers this week.

Michelle

Old 08-18-2008, 01:05 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,338,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Welcome njsocks!! This ia a good place to come and chat & vent...you can hang out and forget your cares for a while.Please feel free to post anythign, funny, inspirational, or just silly!!

Boy I better get with it on my poetry writing !!! for theses new recruits
thanks crazyma and Sykes!!! glad to be here!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 01:17 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,514,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
We met with our realtor for over an hour and she convinced us to counter. We did but with a firm price, 48 hr contingency, 10K earnest money, 10/1 sale of their home and 10/15 closing here. We'll see.

LacyEx is there anyway your realtor can put in the MLS contingency with a 48 hr notice and not just pending but active. When we got our offer our realtor put pending but active since there was some trouble with buyer getting approved. We never had another showing after that pending went in the MLS even though it did still say active and our realtor never put a pending sign up on our for sale post.
Does the buyers live in an active market?

I am sending good thoughts your way.

Old 08-18-2008, 01:23 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,514,357 times
welcome NJsocks. You have come to a great thread. We all have been through this or are still going through this crazy new time in selling. Vent all you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.