Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 05:52 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,602,981 times

Advertisements

HI Barb
But doesnt it feel good to throw stuff out ? I did that yesterday felt much better.
Even sold our piano last week - we have had it years carted it around the world with us and nobody ever plays it.
Did hold memories of a wonderful Christmas in UK when a friend of ours who has since passed played it and we all sang Christmas carols. Memories are easier to carry than that heavy piano !!!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:05 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,836,318 times
Oh Ibg-BS and all in NJ-guess who?

Our realtor just called re our offer and we just have to wait out their reply. Told her I don't care they're coming to my table. We'll see.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:19 PM

336 posts, read 863,930 times
Welcome Ib you will love it here. Seems like we have the same story. My husband couldn't pass up a good job offer 3 1/2 hrs north of us. We have been trying to sell since Nov and have had only 2 people that wanted to write up offers and one of those I believe is still coming in heard today it was financing issues they are trying to work out so hopefully they can work it out. My husband stays with good friends of ours in the area so we don't have to have a 2nd mortgage I don't think we would have managed 2 mortgages for almost a year now. They won't take any money from us even when my husband slips it in pockets and purses he finds it back in his suitcase. So We plan on doing something special for them when we get moved maybe a nice getaway and we keep the 2 kids for them. Well I can ramble on and on I just wanted to give you and nice big welcome to the board. This is the best place to rant and rave and type your sorrows away.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:21 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,021,020 times
Lacey, im crossing my fingers for you.
IBG, we're in the same boat, i've barely had showings, too. but this boat doesn't sink!! it just is slowly drifting to HouseisSold Island!! (and if someone can think of a better name for this island, go right ahead!)

Old 08-18-2008, 07:51 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,088 times
Welcome to the group Ibg-BS and NJ! You will find that you are in a group of the best people you can imagine here. I truly can not even imagine how I could deal with this selling mess without them. We are here for the good news and the bad, the vents and the celebrations!

sykesfamily - I am sending pixie dust *-*-*-*-*-* and prayers your way that those people will get off their duffs and write that offer!

LaceyEx - is there any way that your Realtor can leave out the pending status at all? It would be to your advantage if she could somehow because I am worried it may keep some possible buyers from even looking at it.

lawmom - DO NOT sign a contract for a year! We did that because our Realtor told us that is normal for a commercial property ( our house is on a commercial lot) and we are so sorry! I have even had Realtors here on CD say why did you sign a contract for a year, so believe me it isn't the norm.You should be able to sign one for 3 or 6 months, what ever you do be sure you have a clause in there that if for some reason you are not happy with them you may cancel the contract. We didn't and we will in our next contract when this one is up with a DIFFERENT Realtor.

To everyone here *-*-*-*-*-* pixie dust and prayers that this is a good week!!!

Oh yes I wanted to add that our on the ball (not) Realtor said that he will not be able to get the new fliers for the box out front to us till Saturday!!! My stupid printer is on the blitz or I would do it myself. I am not happy!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 08:50 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,518,123 times
Default LaceyEx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
Welcome to the group Ibg-BS and NJ! You will find that you are in a group of the best people you can imagine here. I truly can not even imagine how I could deal with this selling mess without them. We are here for the good news and the bad, the vents and the celebrations!

sykesfamily - I am sending pixie dust *-*-*-*-*-* and prayers your way that those people will get off their duffs and write that offer!

LaceyEx - is there any way that your Realtor can leave out the pending status at all? It would be to your advantage if she could somehow because I am worried it may keep some possible buyers from even looking at it.

lawmom - DO NOT sign a contract for a year! We did that because our Realtor told us that is normal for a commercial property ( our house is on a commercial lot) and we are so sorry! I have even had Realtors here on CD say why did you sign a contract for a year, so believe me it isn't the norm.You should be able to sign one for 3 or 6 months, what ever you do be sure you have a clause in there that if for some reason you are not happy with them you may cancel the contract. We didn't and we will in our next contract when this one is up with a DIFFERENT Realtor.

To everyone here *-*-*-*-*-* pixie dust and prayers that this is a good week!!!

Oh yes I wanted to add that our on the ball (not) Realtor said that he will not be able to get the new fliers for the box out front to us till Saturday!!! My stupid printer is on the blitz or I would do it myself. I am not happy!!!

Judy P is right hope your realtor can get around the word pending.That word seems to drive would be buyers away since they have so many homes to see. If she can't and the offer is accepted have her some how write in MLS that if a new offer comes in the buyers pending contract has only 48 hrs to lift the contingency.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,178,564 times
Well crazy plays hooky and all these great new folks are signing up for boot camp

HOWDY Ibginnie! glad to have you join the posse. Thaks for all your tidbtis from the past...you read quite a bit catching up eh?? LOL It is a lot of fun looking back and all the memories we have. And now so many are gonna be movin gto new homes and more memories to come!

Well I better get the poetry salon opened up and whip out some mojo poems for our newest recruits!

BTW if anyone needs a poem for something DM me some info and I'll see what I can do

Old 08-18-2008, 10:07 PM

Default Ode to Little Stink

Up in New Jersey out in Little Stink
lives a lady wanting signature ink
the front yard has a sign
put your Hancock on the line!

With her WIndex in one hand,
Dirt devil on hip
she can take out sand
and cleaning is a zip.

Waiting on a showing
with the house all clean
the twins are even glowing,
and not being mean.

Dear ole dad
driving to and fro,
NJ's a little sad
and wants to go!

Well time for a showing
and Soon she'll be a going
and she won't blink
when she leaves Little Stink!

Old 08-18-2008, 11:01 PM

Default lawmom

One,Two Maine
houses to sell
oh yeah
that would be swell!

One house is rented
and has gotten a little dented
the other's near the coast
and is bigger than most

So they are rolling up their sleeves,
..........gotta get busy
jotting a checklist of all the peeves
..........making 'em dizzy

But it can be done
......oh if they try
might not be fun
......they might cry

But stand tall and steady
and always be ready
the buyers will see
and hopefully not flee

Advertise and price it right
then much to your big delight
some offers will arrive
and you'll being doing the bootie jive!

LOL
can you tell I am tired...anyway lawmom...welcome

Old 08-18-2008, 11:51 PM

2,272 posts, read 6,664,412 times
I love it! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate