Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 01:33 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times

Advertisements

Roflmao!!!!!

Old 08-22-2008, 02:47 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
OK.........I know this is OT, but I have to share with my friends here.

I have been at least on the "plump" side pretty much all my life. My high school and college days were my best times, but after I got married the uphill slide began and culminated when I had my daughter. I am on the anemic side, so my doc suggested high protein diet because I was brea$tfeeding her and of course all that peanut butter and meats didn't help at all. Basically it has been a nasty battle for the last 25 years topping at a number that I don't care to talk about.

The beginning of the year I decided that although I have a hard time exercising because of hip, knee and back arthritis, I was at least going to try and start eating healthier. As long as I didn't put on more weight that would be at least a good thing (menopause causes those nasty pounds to creep up as well). Imagine my surprise when I went to the doc's several months ago and discovered I had lost 15 pounds! Next visit was 2 more, next visit was several more, etc. etc. Today at my arthritis doc's I hit the 25 pound lost mark!!! And because it has been just an adjustment in the diet, I really haven't missed anything. I don't totally deprive myself because I would pig out on whatever I denied myself if I did, I just don't eat it as often and have taken as much fat and suger out of my diet as possible. I could probably lose it faster if I cut a lot of calories, but I know my willpower isn't that good.

Anyhow, while in Pittsburgh I decided I would treat myself to a new pair of slacks at Catherine's. After all I had a 25% off coupon and I needed a new pair of brown dress slacks. For those that don't know, Catherine's is a plus size store, a bit like Lane Bryant (whose clothes I HATE......what were they thinking putting junior size 5 styles on a plus size woman????), but higher class. I walk in and after measuring myself to see where I fall on their new sizing system, I chose the smallest size in the store and tried them on. THEY WERE 2" TOO BIG!!! WAAHOOO!!! I couldn't buy ANYthing because everything in the store was too big! I am so excited and pumped. I can't wait to go down to SC and be able to take walks and work out in the activity center. Hopefully at this rate my arthritis will bother me less and I can even do more.

Oh..........and I told my doc today about the spider bite and my reaction and said that was a typical serum sickness reaction. Basically I was allergic to the venom of whatever bit me and it typically settled in my joints. Although it is a bit better, he said it would take awhile for it to work itself out and there really isn't anything that can be done to make it go faster.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:13 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Wondeful rothbear
I have always told my daughter and hubby eat right and lose weight slowly. That is the only way to lose weight and don't use the words diet. If you lose weight fast you will gain it back just as fast and more.
I found out 15 years ago when we moved to another town that didn't have starbucks which I would have once a day that I lost 5 lbs. When we moved to FL from CA we couldn't find a tcby which I would also have everyday and I lost another 5-7 lbs. So if you take one thing away that doesn't affect your health you can lose weight with out really trying.
Good Job.
Lorrie

Old 08-22-2008, 03:17 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Rothbear that is great and you did it the right way.

Old 08-22-2008, 04:03 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
Awesome rothbear! So did you rise up at the store and say 'anybody want my coupon, I'm too small for these clothes now!!!' LOL haha
Sometimes it is those simple things you let go of that make a big impact! I know what you mean, those pounds slip on without you realizing it.
That is great and it will be good for your aches to 'slim' down.

rothbear is a hopping
'cuz she is a dropping
10, 20 , 30
oh she feels so flirty!

Honey, ain't nothing Off Topic at boot camp!! we in this thang together now, ya heah?

Old 08-22-2008, 04:30 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,098 times
Rothbear, that is awesome!! im very happy for you. be proud!! lorriem, so your secret to keeping the weight off is moving, eh?? haha. love the poem, crazyma!!

that makes me think. why don't we all say something positive about something that recently happened. NOT house/selling/buying related. it's healthy, both mentally and physically, makes you happy, makes others happy, and encourages others to say something good about themselves. (can you tell i have a degree in psychology??) on that note, i can't think of anything right now, but i will.

Last edited by BCG8; 08-22-2008 at 05:02 PM..

Old 08-22-2008, 05:36 PM

positive non house!
Went to the thrift shop and got 5 nice t shirts, a top, summer blouse, a new 6 pack of colored socks for winter, almost new Eddie Bauer jeans, new brown leather sandals, another pair of sandals, and 2 little books for sweet angel, for...... $21.30 YEE HAW
If it makes people happy to donate good loot, then that makes me happy to buy it
i squeak when i walk

Old 08-22-2008, 06:10 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,533 times
sykesfamily,njsocks,shoegal,IBginnie,lawmom, and all of the rest of us boot camp sellers, here is some extra pixie dust for a good weekend

Crazyma - TYVM for your poems, they always brighten my day!

rothbear - That is so awesome you lost your weight and now say goodbye to the plus size stores! The most important thing is how much better you will feel and your health will be.

stoymonkey - what a great idea about us posting something positive in our lives! My positive thing is my foster child will soon be able to be back with his family. I will miss him terribly but since he I will be babysitting him part time I will still get to see him.

Have a great weekend everyone and lets hope we see a on all our front yards soon!

Old 08-22-2008, 06:23 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
My daughter said something amazing to me about me that I never expected.
Lorrie

Old 08-22-2008, 07:56 PM

Lorrie,they have a way of taking you completely by surprise..........and you think they never pay attention or listen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate