Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 10:36 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times

Advertisements

My Crazy ole Things

Showings yes terday and showings to morrow
Bright shiny kitchens and big double ovens
Giant master bedrooms with fancy bath rooms
This house has none of those fancy new things.

Neutral paint color and crisp window treatments;
Carpet and hardwood and granite on counters;
Overhead lighting that brightens the house;
This house has none of those stage-y new things.

Disclosure statements that have no big issues
Basements that never get wet when it drizzles
Yards that are landscaped with all types of plants
Those would be some of the unusual things

When the phone rings,
When the bell dings,
There’s a showing now,
I really do hope that they don’t want these things,
And then I will feel real glad.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:41 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,850 times
[SIZE=5][SIZE=6]Bad Times Have Hit...Got Milk?[/SIZE] [/SIZE] [SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=6]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=6][/SIZE][SIZE=6][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5]I live on a farm and times are pretty hard as the area I live in is considered economically depressed.[/SIZE][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5]It's so bad, that I've heard most of our neighbors were having a hard time making ends meet. [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5]This morning, I woke up to hear a knock at the door. When I went to answer the door -- this is the sad sight that I saw. It just about broke my heart...

Please scroll down, to see for yourself!
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5] Heartbreaking! [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=5][SIZE=5][SIZE=5] Just heartbreaking![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Old 08-11-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
My Crazy ole Things

Showings yes terday and showings to morrow
Bright shiny kitchens and big double ovens
Giant master bedrooms with fancy bath rooms
This house has none of those fancy new things.

Neutral paint color and crisp window treatments;
Carpet and hardwood and granite on counters;
Overhead lighting that brightens the house;
This house has none of those stage-y new things.

Disclosure statements that have no big issues
Basements that never get wet when it drizzles
Yards that are landscaped with all types of plants
Those would be some of the unusual things

When the phone rings,
When the bell dings,
There’s a showing now,
I really do hope that they don’t want these things,
And then I will feel real glad.

Another great one Crazyma TYVM!

Old 08-11-2008, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Judy,

Your potential buyer is all rested from vacation, and may be feeling downright positive about buying your house. Try to stay in the "he will be the buyer, if it's a blessing for everyone" zone, if you can. I know it's hard, but try to not get your hopes up too much, but don't give up hope either...does that make sense? Remember, we are all in this together. We're all sending the "selling vibes" your way.
TYVM for the good advice I appreciate it more than I can say. Trying to stay positive but have this sense of dread to if that makes sense. Trying to stay patient to because who knows how long it will be before he makes the offer when he gets back considering he is a busy businessman.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:34 AM

99 posts, read 180,234 times
Judy,

do you have any idea how soon after he gets back that the offer is supposed to come in?

Old 08-12-2008, 09:39 AM

Hope everyone is having a good morning! I have been walking with the neighbor in the mornings. Today we noticed people moving out of a house around the corner, hadn't been for sale and it isn't a rental. Actually that house had sold last year about time we bought...it was a 2 story so we ddn't look at it. Wonder if they are walking?
There are 3 other properties that look abandoned...on one, it looked like the shrubs had recently been chopped down across the front, one had no window curtains or anything, and the other had soem debris and looked as if someone left in the night.......
scary to see a decent neighborhood having these changes

Old 08-12-2008, 10:04 AM

571 posts, read 1,049,863 times
Good morning all,

We have a showing scheduled today so please send prayers our way. The realtor came by yesterday to preview the place. He didn't say much... but he did say he would be back today with his clients... I'm a little worried because I have an appointment at the same time as the showing, so I won't be here to take the dogs out for their walk.. hoping the potential buyers won't mind the dogs being in the fenced side yard...

The house two doors down is still not on the internet... so I don't know the asking price. The sign went up on Saturday, so maybe it's too soon, but when we listed our house, it was up the next day... weird.

Judy P., my thoughts are with you... it's so hard to wait! Hang in there and know we care!

And to all you other sellers... good luck, prayers, mojo and pixie dust on the way from me!

Anita

Old 08-12-2008, 10:41 AM

anita, you agent should be able to find ou the price of that house.

Your dogs should be fine in a side yard...as long as they aren't romping around in the house. IF there is a door leading out to where theya re you might put a friendly note, like Friendly Dogs Outside! or Please keep door closed, dogs outside...
something so they won't open the door and get a faceful of friendly dog

Old 08-12-2008, 11:21 AM

571 posts, read 1,049,863 times
Thanks Crazyma, the note is a great idea! There are two doors that they would have to open, and then the gate to the side yard, but I think a note might still be a good idea...

Anita

Old 08-12-2008, 01:00 PM

336 posts, read 864,351 times
anita

Prayers go out to you on your showing today. crayzma...you always put a smile on my face especially when my day feels gloom. I just want to say thank you to you all for being so wonderful. Its an awesome place to come to share with people that are going through these tough times of selling. So with that said lets sell our homes lets bring in them offers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate