U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-13-2008, 06:18 PM

571 posts, read 597,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
My Realtor called and after all is said and done the guy said our city made it very difficult to go ahead with his plans so he went into escrow today on a property in a different city. We now have no one who is serious about the property. I don't know what to say but I have had it. I am going to bed and hopefully I will be able to sleep for a week at least. This has gone on since November and I so very tired of it all.
Oh Judy, I am so sorry to hear that! I really feel for you! My thoughts are with you.

Anita

Old 08-13-2008, 06:31 PM

2,766 posts, read 3,429,464 times
Judy I am so sorry that it didn't work out for you. I wish I could say something to make you feel better. The only thing I can say is I know how you feel but you get some rest and tomorrow is a brand new day.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:38 PM

1,831 posts, read 2,324,204 times
sorry Judy. i know how long you've been waiting for this guy. keep venting if you need, and hang in there.

Old 08-13-2008, 07:10 PM

336 posts, read 588,113 times
Judy my heart truly goes out to you. It is so crushing. I just wish they wouldn't get your hopes up to knock you back down. We have been trying to sell since Nov as well with DH driving 3.5 hrs away for work and is only home part-time. Its hard to stay strong with it all. I feel like a failure to neighbors when they come and say your house hasn't sold YET...the one down the street sold and you have no offers YET!! I tell ya if my realtor emails me tonight and says they decided on another home...omg! Im praying for you girl

Old 08-13-2008, 07:20 PM

99 posts, read 117,553 times
Judy-- I am so so so sorry. I don't even know what to say. Get yourself a big ole glass of wine or tea or chocolate and curl up in bed. Get some rest and take tomorrow as it comes.

Old 08-13-2008, 08:21 PM

3,191 posts, read 5,548,093 times
AWWWW Judy...that sucks. I know you said you were so looking for a offer form that guy.
Is there any way your agent could gather some more info from the other agent, as far as what the problems were with the city....to make sure if there is any thing on your end that could be conceived as a stumbling block with the city.
Didn't you say the property already has some commmercial zoning.
And is your agent with a commercial realty?

I am going to go out give my Joe a stomp on his wee feet, so it will travel out to you

Old 08-13-2008, 10:31 PM
HDL

2,761 posts, read 3,795,987 times
Red face Can one of you sweet souls pay my BOOT CAMP membership???

So this is where all you selling peeps are hiding ? How come I didn't receive an eVite sooner ???! This isn't one of those threads that discriminates against peeps with high REP, is it ?!

p.s.
Sorry Judy !! I pray better news is on its' way real soon !

Old 08-13-2008, 10:37 PM

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my house not to keep,

Please let it shine in a buyer's sight
Oh, a sweet offer will be a delight.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:48 PM

Hey HDL!!!! Ya come on over ...
and pick you up some more reps hee hee
I wuz wundering when you was gonna come over to the dark side, heheheh LOL!

This boot camp posse has been hanging together, cheering each other on!
We got them that has closings coming up, offers in limbo and some lookng to buy.
Everyone is welcome...even (Whispered) agents!
Dogmom is getting in her new place I think , saw she posted sometime today but maybe she was still on the road.

All these other little ole peeps is lurking around, shouting out when they can.

Y'all say howdy to HDL
she has that fancy reputation...we in high clover now HAHA hee

your membership has been paid in full !! you knock, it got answered

Old 08-13-2008, 11:07 PM

336 posts, read 588,113 times
Hey HDL welcome to our neck of the woods...come on in and hear us all nag and whine pick each other up! BTW you're looking mighty fancy there with all them reps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.