Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 02:03 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
AWWWW Judy...that sucks. I know you said you were so looking for a offer form that guy.
Is there any way your agent could gather some more info from the other agent, as far as what the problems were with the city....to make sure if there is any thing on your end that could be conceived as a stumbling block with the city.
Didn't you say the property already has some commmercial zoning.
And is your agent with a commercial realty?

I am going to go out give my Joe a stomp on his wee feet, so it will travel out to you

Sorry guys I have been trying to deal with things in the last couple of days. Crazyma in answer to your questions about things here it is and if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to give them to me.
My Realtor is the broker in his office, he has 20 years of commercial real estate experience.
No there is nothing more we could do to make the property any more desirable to a potential buyer. The problems all lie within our city. According to our Realtor and his ( I have spoken to both) it is this city. They have such strict codes it makes it very hard on builders. They both said they have lost several deals because dealing with this city is so hard.
One example of problems, my COMMERCIAL property is on a very desirable corner. We have the street light equipment on our corner, the city wants who ever buys this property to pay the expense of moving the box that holds the light equipment, it that will be $30,000. The second thing is the city has decided some where in the future, I am not sure when, that they are making our street a main though fare and are taking 6 feet of our property ( eminent domain ) so that is the reason for the box with the street sign equipment to be moved. Their fees are also very high and they want a parking lot and they want the person who buys the property to pay for a new alleyway!!! We have lowered our price $100,000 and to be honest we have done all we can do at this point. Our city is going through a beauty revitalization program but they are making most builders who try to build things to make this city better walk away.
So here we are at the mercy of a city. We are a little fish in a big pond.
The reason I haven't been on is because I have been having an irregular heartbeat... amazing what stress can do! Sorry I haven't been ignoring you all, just trying to deal with things.
I continue to pray for you all, those wanting to move, in the middle of moving, and you who are trying to settle in your new homes, and those of you who lucky enough to be there. Sorry this is so long. Heading to bed TC and GB talk to you later my friends!

Old 08-15-2008, 02:04 PM

152 posts, read 432,586 times
Hi girls!

Well, I think we have met the world's nicest buyers. They have asked for so little. When the FHA report came back it only needed one item and we offered to pay for it. THEY DECLINED!

They said they appreciate how wonderful we have been to them! They only thing they asked is if we could possibly move up settlement a week early and it we could go over with them how the pool is maintained.

Our moving POD just arrived gotta run. But not before I leave some showing/selling dust behind.....http://bestsmileys.com/magic/7.gif (broken link)

Old 08-15-2008, 02:50 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times
Thumbs up What a DEElightfully WONDERFUL post MC!!!

Do those peeps have any relatives in I-DEE-HO that want a B-U-TEE-FUL home????? LOL !! Love the fairy 2 !!

Judy, so sorry to hear what your up against . More prayers coming your way ! And prayers that AUGUST is our month sellers and that offers will coming flying in on the wings of our angels !!!

Please keep me in prayer also . I got 2 calls today to show my home tomorrow ! One agent has been through before and her and I had a minor dispute . But that is water under the bridge, so they say . Hate all the work, but haven't trained the pups yet to clean for me .

Blessings ALL!!!

~HDL~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonlightCellist View Post
Hi girls!

Well, I think we have met the world's nicest buyers. They have asked for so little. When the FHA report came back it only needed one item and we offered to pay for it. THEY DECLINED!

They said they appreciate how wonderful we have been to them! They only thing they asked is if we could possibly move up settlement a week early and it we could go over with them how the pool is maintained.

Our moving POD just arrived gotta run. But not before I leave some showing/selling dust behind.....http://bestsmileys.com/magic/7.gif (broken link)

Old 08-15-2008, 03:24 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Do those peeps have any relatives in I-DEE-HO that want a B-U-TEE-FUL home????? LOL !! Love the fairy 2 !!

Judy, so sorry to hear what your up against . More prayers coming your way ! And prayers that AUGUST is our month sellers and that offers will coming flying in on the wings of our angels !!!

Please keep me in prayer also . I got 2 calls today to show my home tomorrow ! One agent has been through before and her and I had a minor dispute . But that is water under the bridge, so they say . Hate all the work, but haven't trained the pups yet to clean for me .

Blessings ALL!!!

~HDL~
Prayers coming your way that both showings bring an offer and then you can tell us all how a bidding war feels. Its been so long since we had a bidding war over 5 years. I felt like Sally field. They like me and my house.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:28 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Oh Judy what a mess but be hopeful and please don't let this get you sick.

HDL-pixie dust and same to all.

Almost Happy Hour here and I'll be toasting all.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:31 PM

336 posts, read 864,302 times
Hi all Just want you all to know that each and everyone of you are in my prayers. We just had another showing with the realtor that showed our house last week and again yesterday and he called while we were out to brunch to say he was 10 mins away from our house and wanted to show it. The house was clean except I left the radio on with christian music playing ( hope I didn't offend anyone) and I forgot to grab my water bottle off the dresser as we were leaving...but other than that the house was in tip top shape for showing. My nerves have been getting the best of me today and my stomache is just in knots. I didn't feel like this with our showing yesterday, but I sure felt like this last friday with our showing. I just wish someone would just write an offer already. My poor husband just got home today around 11 after getting off work up in the Seattle area at 4 am after working some extensive OT and he is tired, pooped, drained and all of the above and is ready to end his outrageous commute! Best of luck to everyone as we go into the weekend. I seem to never have showings on the weekends here. It is a rare thing for us all of our showings take place wed-fri.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:46 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
For you especially, Judy- may you have peace..........
John 14:27
I am leaving you at peace. I am giving you my own peace. I am not giving it to you as the world gives. So don't let your hearts be troubled, and don't be afraid.

Old 08-15-2008, 03:52 PM

Hey sykes....You know what...if you are a believer then don't worry about it. I read once to take down/put away anything to do with 'religion' when selling a house........and I said no way...I am not ashamed of what I believe. Now, granted, on my end, I confess there are some things I would not be thrilled at seeing, but migh could overlook if the house had possilbilities
"The house was clean except I left the radio on with christian music playing ( hope I didn't offend anyone)"

Old 08-15-2008, 04:00 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
Hey Barb, I see you can change your 'location' now !
I have been going crazy looking on my settings where to put my location.HELP please. I thought I got it but it went under my name so I have to start all over again. Cannot figure it out.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:09 PM

lorrie, go to my settings, edit your details
scroll down to addtional information
then save changes, at the bottom

I think that will git'er done
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate