Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 04:24 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
lorrie, go to my settings, edit your details
scroll down to addtional information
then save changes, at the bottom

I think that will git'er done
I'll give it a try thanks crazyma. I did it. It was so easy and I passed that by so many times thinking it was just personal info. Thanks again.
Lorrie

Old 08-15-2008, 05:03 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,535 times
Just a quick check in on everybody.

Moonlight........That sounds wonderful!!! Hope it goes smoothly.

Judy......I'm so sorry about all of that. With the market the way it is and businesses going into bankrupcy (Mrs. Fields!!) you would think the city would be glad for a buyer. Around here they are absolutely begging for companies to relocate here and are even suspending property taxes for them for a period of years. Your city just sounds money grubby.

We still have only had the one showing with nothing else on the horizon. I have pretty much given up hopes of selling in the near future. School will be starting in a couple of weeks and that will pretty much screw things up good and proper. I just keep packing and going on about my daily stuff. Packed up some of my scrapbooking stuff today and will be doing more tomorrow. We have to really buckle down next week because hubby is picking up the Penske truck on the 25th and all the boxes have to go in first as his brother is coming over on the 26th to help with the furniture. We are taking at least 1/2 of our stuff down to SC on the 28th. If nothing it will empty out the space in the house a bit. I think I'm going to take some pix after we get back and burn them to a CD and take them down and make the agent swap them for the crappy ones she has up now. Not that it will make much difference.

Going to have a moving/garage sale probably Sept. 19-20, give what doesn't sell away and then I'm moving down to SC permanently and hubby will stay here. Hopefully after 34 years of marriage it won't put too much of a strain on it. Actually, it might be better because we will both be able to step back and see how much our marriage means rather than constantly bickering and fighting over what to sell and what to keep and what to throw out. I hate it! I have been having a bad day today. I get a type of angina that is stress induced, plus my allergies cause me to have problems catching my breath. Both have been happening today and it hasn't been pleasant.

I've been spending most of my day trying to track down a Wii Fit for our daughter. She doesn't want to pay more than retail or buy a whole package to get it. Not an easy task, I'll tell you!!

Old 08-15-2008, 05:19 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Niki, I notice you are in Greensboro, NC... where will you be moving if you don't mind me asking? My hubby and I plan to move to the Winston-Salem area when our place sells.

Anita in So. CA
We'll still be in the Triad. We're looking mostly in Clemmons, Kernersville, Lewisville and north Davidson County.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:04 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Wow looks like we all could be neighbors someday-that's where we're looking.

Hope all have weekend acton-lookers that is.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:16 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,538 times
Thumbs up I agree Crazyma!

If a PB takes offense at GOD or GOD spelled backwards with an 's' at the end , then move right along !!! I will just wait patiently for the next PB with more smarts!!!!

My home is blessed and I am too !

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey sykes....You know what...if you are a believer then don't worry about it. I read once to take down/put away anything to do with 'religion' when selling a house........and I said no way...I am not ashamed of what I believe. Now, granted, on my end, I confess there are some things I would not be thrilled at seeing, but migh could overlook if the house had possilbilities
"The house was clean except I left the radio on with christian music playing ( hope I didn't offend anyone)"

Old 08-15-2008, 11:19 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
wooo busy here...Crazyma needs to vent...
had to calm down DD. Seems landlord got a little carried away with 'charges' he withheld from their deposit. $800 out of the $1400. Her hubby went out to sea(sub) just prior to the end of the lease. and she is afraid he is going to blame the low amount on her......he's an odd one

They had bought a house and already moved prior to the actual end of the lease. She had been diligently cleaning over the last few weeks of July so the landlord could have it by or before the end of the July.
Well he was there the last day she was cleaning and she talked with him at length, about hubby was to sea, and asked if there was anything she had missed...he agreed to remove about 6 bags of trash she could't get in her car and she would pay him $5 per bag. And she was shampooing the carpet while he was there, and she talked about the normal wear and tear , and yes there were some light stains in the living room....But he did not say get it professionally deep cleaned or it was unacceptable..Only other thing he said was she missed wiping out the upstairs vanity cabinet which she took care of. She also told him hubby mistakenly took his house keys with him, but she could either mail them when he returned, OR go make copies at HD. He said don't worry about it.

Now he send this insane list....!5 for keys, 35 for a bottom vent cover thing on the frig that was never there , 35 for something on the stove she has no clue as to what it is, 25 for some 4 minor nail holes that were there already, 150 to clean the yard...that she had raked(no lawn) 350 for carpet cleaning (which is totally excessive, she could have had it done for 100 if he had said to) 150 for 'cleaning'the house?????

Adn I can't remember the other stuff but it is just ridiculous. We have had rental property and gross negligence and willful damge we always charged for. Plus met with the tenants to allow them opportunity to correct anything before final accounting.

I am as perplexed as she is as to most of this and why he did not tell her that day what was wrong in his eyes.

AND he had someone move in the next morning after talking to her at the property that day!!
When did he have the carpet cleaned!!
Not idea how she is going to handle this...
Ohh me me, My poor girlie. She has her hands full with sweet angel/holy terror 3 yr. old, is leaving to go see family in a week and now has this crapola to deal with. Her hubby would be flipping out.......
Send her some Pixie dust and Mojo!!

soory to vent I feel better

Ugh I just hate it for her. They had rented a house from us once, no problems, The 3 places they were in in San Diego, they got full refunds. And this landlord is retired Navy to boot.....

she was counting on that money

Old 08-15-2008, 11:47 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,759 times
Crazyma that guy is a jerk! He knew she was alone and her hubby wasn't here for him to face so he really jerked her around! I am so very sorry! Poor girl, like she doesn't have enough to deal with. I will pray for her and pray her husband understands. I am a believer in karma and I hope it comes back to that landlord in spades!

Old 08-16-2008, 06:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
What a jerk and I believe if her hubby wasn't out to sea it would be different.

Let's send "pixie lead" the landlord's way.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:39 AM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,368 times
When you have to deal with greedy, slimy jerks like that, doesn't it make you wish you had a litigation attorney in the family.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:45 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
Lacey....pixie lead....I LOVE it!!! Yes yes Pixie Lead to all the naughty people!

thanks for the 'support'...I'm protective of me girlie, past history tells me she is shooting straight on this

I hope all the undecided buyers out there today get into a feeding frenzy and start some bidding wars.
May your homes become 'simply irresistable'!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate