Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 12:48 PM

3 posts, read 10,844 times

Advertisements

I am shocked to see the savage responses on this thread.
Almost daily on the news, we see so many interviews of white people walking away from houses and no one condemns them. A foreclosure is seen as normal in this tough housing market.
Also it is normal to buy another house and put your old house on the market.
I have seen many white folks do it all the time. I live in an upper middle class neighborhood and there are several houses in foreclosure - guess the race of many of them?
So why is everyone condemning OP - NativelyNashville?
Is it because she is black?
Aren't they themselves showing their prejudice? What if she said she was white and lived in a black neighborhood; can I predict your responses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanabacowboy View Post
OP you dont get it. Regardless if it involved racism. Regardless what you "think" is the HOA's responsibility. NONE OF IT ABSOLVES YOUR OBLIGATION TO PAY THE MORTGAGE OR GIVES YOU A LEGAL RIGHT TO BAIL. It really is that simple. It is not a race issue. It is an irresponsibility issue.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:24 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,422,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodnewsforyou View Post
I am shocked to see the savage responses on this thread.
Almost daily on the news, we see so many interviews of white people walking away from houses and no one condemns them. A foreclosure is seen as normal in this tough housing market.
Also it is normal to buy another house and put your old house on the market.
I have seen many white folks do it all the time. I live in an upper middle class neighborhood and there are several houses in foreclosure - guess the race of many of them?
So why is everyone condemning OP - NativelyNashville?
Is it because she is black?
Aren't they themselves showing their prejudice? What if she said she was white and lived in a black neighborhood; can I predict your responses?
I don't remember the OP saying she was black. Maybe she's white and her husband is black. Who knows? And there are other threads her about walking away from a mortgage and in none of them has anyone said it's ok if you're white.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:44 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,500,274 times
I thought this all sounded familiar....

Lakeview Terrace - Moviefone

Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,197,261 times
Default Libertarians run amok..

Mortgage is simply a contract. It can be satisfied by paying it off or by not paying it off and dealing with the impacts it prescribes. That combined with certain statutory requirements are all there is.

This subject has been worked to death in numerous threads. The outcome is that libertarians don't like people walking away but pretty much everybody else agrees it may be the only thing to do.

The OP is driven by more than the normal rationale. Sounds like it would be irrational NOT to walk away.

Then again Libertarians seldom let rationality get in the way.

I would also note that the OP appears to have gone away a month ago and you are still flailing at the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate