Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2008, 09:12 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
NJSocks you have a beautiful home and the area is suffering now-hang in.

Opinions needed: When we go FSBO we don't think we want the generic stick in the ground sign. We discussed a 4x3 vinyl (to be made) hung from the front porch railing. Does that sound desparate or tacky?
thanks girl!!

Get the vinyl one!! It will look better!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:13 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Well, my husband emailed Cartus AGAIN and they said that Sandy( our agent) was supposed to call us they are STILL waiting on her with the contract. UGH!! We were at my son’s football game and she called. She told my husband that the buyer STILL hasn’t signed the contract! She said that he works in NC and he couldn’t sign it yet.
( Uhm. We are out of state and signed and faxed stuff back and forth!) Anyhow, she said that they were NOT preapproved. She said that they did get the inspection done, but no news can be told UNTIL they sign the contract! I want to cry. She told the buyer agent
( we are in a small town so EVERYONE knows each other) that the house might be gone ( ROFL) and get sold out from under them if they don’t sign right away. They would be out the inspection money and earnest money. They are still supposed to close on or before November 24. ( I guess that was our fault for not pushing up the closing date, however we were just excited and didn’t think to much about that.) Its like we have an offer, but ……We do not know anything else. My husband is trying to get ahold of Cartus again today to tell them the situation. We HAVE to close on a house ( for us) before December 31 because of tax purposes or we will not get our move and stuff paid for. These people are just dragging. Its like they are in control and I DO NOT LIKE IT! How hard is it to sign a piece of paper? They signed the offer , but not the official contract. They got the inspection already. They want the house it seems. UGH!

So there is our lovely situation. It sucks being a seller. ( Tomorrow, we are going to look at houses and I can’t even put in an offer because of our buyers!)

Sorry to hear raising!! Nothing is ever easy, is it??

Tambre? how are you??
Rothbear?? how is Ebay going?? selling alot??? I flipped something from Bombay Kids *(an 8 piece comforter set for my princess!)bought it for 280.00 sold and flipped it for 799.00!! and sold a european sham (that goes with the set for another 100.00!).....

Hi to everyone else out there. I have to dash off but wanted to say good morning!!! Crazyma we need another jingle!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2008, 09:45 AM

336 posts, read 864,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Sykes, you are heading closer to ME, aren't you? We will have to get together..anyone else here in the Pacific Northwest..

I still want to do a cruise peeps! Yes I am a nag, ask my kids!!!

Later, on my way to Seattle, field trip!!
Yes I am headed your way. I will be about an hour in a half north of you up in snohomish county. I am getting so excited to get up that way. I haven't been in the area in almost 2 years so I will be going up for the weekend here in 2 weeks to find a house to rent so we are not homeless.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:15 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
1-
waiting and waiting
it's such the pits
moaning and groaning
the harder it gets
all these buyers are
giving me FITS!!!!

2-
well I'm stuck in little stink,
whatcha gonna do?
washing dishes at the sink
hinky dinky do!
'itching at the buyers
face a turning pink
make me an offer
and sign it with ink!

3-
they say roses are red
and violets are blue
house selling now's
like being stuck in glue

4-
to buy or not to buy,
that is the question...
if you don't buy, may you
have constitpation

Old 09-24-2008, 12:40 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Oh thank you CrazyMa.

Old 09-24-2008, 12:46 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Painter, that is ridiculous..your place sounds ideal for us if only we were heading your way..

I am worried about the little bit we have sitting from our sale, its in WAMU, still in our checking account..We are both on the account, so I guess we are covered up to 200,000...wish we had THAT much, lol.

We want to put it in a cd but holding off for a bit, I think I am going to transfer it to our credit union savings, though, for the meantime. I don't like it sitting in a checking account, and WAMU sounds pretty dicey right now...

Watching Dancing with the Stars, it's a silly show but I love it. all is well on the days it is on TV..such a sorry life, lol!!!

Everyone, hang in there, even we are concerned about eventually being able to get another mortgage..our credit is ok, although we did get a little behind there for awhile while we were trying to sell, nothing major, nothing late late. I was juggling..but then we have at least 50% to put down when we do decide to, and we do have retirement income coming in, at least enough. but credit card days are over, Lorrie, we are like you, this retirement sucks sometimes..I am going to try to refile for social security disability and that would give me a little each month.

I am rambling, sorry my friends...hugs

I believe you are covered for $100.000 only per acc't. If you have more open up a 2nd account under your name or your husbands name but have both accounts under seperate names . You are then covered.
I started taking my retirement at 62 and in the long run you are ahead of the game. Hubby just got his first check (he waited until he was 65 and 10mos. I also get some of his SS my check is for more plus hubby still works thank God so he gets his full retirement benefits plus his salary and I get my SS check..
You are not ramling and if you are who cares.
Lorrie

Last edited by lorriem; 09-24-2008 at 01:24 PM..

Old 09-24-2008, 01:44 PM

33 posts, read 48,802 times
Crazyma, this could be just what the doctor ordered. Having never been in the position to sell a house before I hope to learn from some of your recruits. Thanks for creating the thread.

BTW, is a physical required before I enlist.....I hope not.

Old 09-24-2008, 02:34 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
No physical is required not even a psychlogical test, although I for one would welcome a psychic to come to boot camp! So Joe let me the first to welcome you to our prescribed camp.....

Old 09-24-2008, 02:36 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,418 times
Had a showing out of the blue today. They called at 11:30 and wanted a showing at 2:00. Not a big deal BUT I have to go home to get my dogs first and my house was a disaster! So I rushed home (which takes 1/2 and hour) and cleaned my 3300 sq ft 4 bedroom 4 bathroom house top to bottom in 1 1/2 hours. I think I set a world record! LOL

Anyway, they stayed at my house for 1/2 an hour so I think that is a good sign. They took a brouchure that I left on the counter. It was a lady and her mom and then her little girl. My house is PERFECT for these people as we have a really nice playroom in our basement and a rainbow play system out back. And a fenced in backyard too! So keep your fingers crossed! 1/2 an hour is a long time to spend in a house if you don't like it. IMO anyway.

Kristine

Old 09-24-2008, 02:48 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Hammy I have crossed everything possible for you! Yes a recent survey shows that 30-45 showings are normally the people that make the offers. I so hope you get some good news in the next 24 hrs if not sooner...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate