Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2008, 01:34 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,946 times

Advertisements

boocake

Old 11-18-2008, 01:45 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post
Hello fellow sellers! Has anyone else noticed that the market has just STOPPED the past 6 weeks or so? I've had my house on the market since April - come down from 275k (we had it professionally appraised for selling purposes. ha!) to 229k now. All spring and summer, we had regular showings, but no offers. Now, it's been weeks since we've even had a showing. And we never, ever hear from our realtor. I've just about given up. Don't know what to do!!!!!
Welcome Boocake. Yes, the market has been extremely slow over the past 1-2 months. That's a shame that you don't hear from your realtor on a regular basis. I hear from mine weekly.

This is a great thread to come to if you want to vent, share, cry or laugh about the selling process! It's a great group we have here! We support one another and don't always talk about real estate!

Where are you selling at and where are you moving to? I am currently living in Pittsburgh, PA. I'm trying to sell my house and move to Austin, TX!

Old 11-18-2008, 02:07 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
HEy peeps!!
WELCOME BOOCAKE.........join the fun-we laugh , cry, get the heebie jeebies, send out pixie dust and seller mojo, and in general just try to be *friends * and support each other!!
So roll up your sleeves, and give me 20....20 swipes of a dust rag that is! Gotta be ready for the BUYERS LOL !!

Judy and Lorrie, you must have read my mind......I was thinking the other night that we are nearing 2000 posts..AGAIN and that BC #3 might be in order. And you know what?? I plumb forgot to have #1 closed...........I guess I can go ahead and do it.

let's see, I bet the concensus of the current troops would say do #3??? Yes it might be good for any newbies to come in... and any regulars or past *visitors* will know where to follow.......

Y'all let me know if you'd like to see that and I will make it happen in the next few days.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:10 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
HEy peeps!! Judy and Lorrie, you must have read my mind......I was thinking the other night that we are nearing 2000 posts..AGAIN and that BC #3 might be in order. And you know what?? I plumb forgot to have #1 closed...........I guess I can go ahead and do it.

let's see, I bet the concensus of the current troops would say do #3??? Yes it might be good for any newbies to come in... and any regulars or past *visitors* will know where to follow.......

Y'all let me know if you'd like to see that and I will make it happen in the next few days.

I think that we should reach 2000 posts and the 2000th post should be you posting and closing it out to start #3!

Old 11-18-2008, 02:12 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
HEy peeps!!
WELCOME BOOCAKE.........join the fun-we laugh , cry, get the heebie jeebies, send out pixie dust and seller mojo, and in general just try to be *friends * and support each other!!
So roll up your sleeves, and give me 20....20 swipes of a dust rag that is! Gotta be ready for the BUYERS LOL !!

Judy and Lorrie, you must have read my mind......I was thinking the other night that we are nearing 2000 posts..AGAIN and that BC #3 might be in order. And you know what?? I plumb forgot to have #1 closed...........I guess I can go ahead and do it.

You bet Sara I am in.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:14 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I think that we should reach 2000 posts and the 2000th post should be you posting and closing it out to start #3!
What a great Idea. Crazy ma go for it.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:20 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
What a great Idea. Crazy ma go for it.
Count my vote! And welcome Boo!

Old 11-18-2008, 02:27 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Hey there boocake..........Welcome!! We also have a really crappy agent up in PA, but hubby doesn't feel right cancelling the contract. Me, well I would love to! Actually it is up mid-December so not too far in the future. We have already started talking to others. It's amazing how all of a suddent when it is getting close to the end that we have showings. Doesn't change my mind, though, the is gone December 15th.

Hey crazyma....*waves frantically*.....we both managed to kill our cell phone batteries last night, huh? But I so enjoyed it and hope to do it again soon!!

Haven't decided about my gift card yet. Don't know whether I was to use it for house stuff or for "me" stuff. Need to decide soon, though.

Went to a presentation about window film to help keep the heat out in the summer without killing our electric bill. I didn't move south to keep the blinds shut on my windows!!! Gets rather depressing. Also getting a countertop installed in my laundry room tomorrow. Then it's back to PA for Thanksgiving. Finally get to see hubby after 6 weeks!!

I signed up for a wreath making class down here, so I'll be making my own REAL wreath for the front door. Won't have too many decorations because nobody will even be here for Christmas, but I at least wanted to have a wreath on the front door. Now I just have to get a wreath hanger. There's a wonderful Christmas store down here called Peppermint Forest that I have to visit.

Daughter has that flu that is going around, so her house hunting is on hold. Hope she finds something, though. I hate being involved in both ends of it!! I want her to get a great deal on a nicer house, but then again I don't want her to be one of those obnoxious buyers we all know and "love".

Everyone have a great day and hopefully there is a sale on here soon because it's getting depressing.....KWIM??

Old 11-18-2008, 02:29 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Hey Lorrie............Love, love, love the teddy bears! I'm a collector and they warm my heart. I have one sitting here on the love seat beside me.

Hey.......this should be #1999 if someone doesn't beat me to it!

Old 11-18-2008, 02:31 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,698 times
Welcome, Boocake.

I see you are in Asheville. Where are you wanting to move to? Or are you staying in Asheville? My family and I were just in Asheville (first time for our kids) a couple weeks ago. Such a beautiful area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate