Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 09:03 AM

754 posts, read 1,739,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hammy-morning. I've used both the Pledge orange oil and Murphy's Oil Soap.

Good luck all-we've had 0 showings in 3 weeks, 1 month to go-oh and 4 internet hits yesterday.
Lacey when you say internet hits what are you referring to?

And keep your head up, your buyer is right around the corner. I feel it

Old 09-28-2008, 09:04 AM

Thank you rothbear!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalyzeThis View Post
Lacey when you say internet hits what are you referring to?

And keep your head up, your buyer is right around the corner. I feel it
Analyze-our realtor sends us a report weekly showing how many hits our listing and virtual tour have had. It's helpful but also frustrating as you ask where are these people?????

Old 09-28-2008, 09:33 AM

1,802 posts, read 8,163,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Analyze-our realtor sends us a report weekly showing how many hits our listing and virtual tour have had. It's helpful but also frustrating as you ask where are these people?????
Guilty! I'm one of those people. I'm addicted to internet house-hunting, even though I'm not planning to actually buy until next year, after I retire and after I sell my current house. I'm in Maryland, and will be relocating to Florida. I can't take a leisurely Sunday drive to check out the market, so I do it on my lap-top from my couch.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:40 AM

Oh ok, I get it now. Yea I don't think I want to see those stats because it would just drive me insane. I too am a couch 'house hunter' and so I know probably 90% of the hits I would get on my listing would not be from serious buyers. Very interesting though, I did not even know they had the ability to track that.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:42 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Hey Janet come on down! I will personally show you 2 house, lol. I too look at houses where I want to move, found a couple and they help me stay focused on my goal but this has also hurt me when the house I really wanted was reduced and then sold! then we also look at the competition in the area when a new listing comes up or when one is sold to see the price. So I guess I am guilty too! Didn't think about that when I last posted on "hits".

Old 09-28-2008, 09:47 AM

336 posts, read 864,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitajas View Post
Good Morning everyone,

Welcome aboard AnalyzeThis! You have found a great group of peeps!

We are within one day of our buyers signing off on all contingencies! *bites nails* I should know by tomorrow sometime if they have agreed to do so. Here in CA, that means that they will lose the earnest money deposit should they decide to back out of the contract... I will be glad when this waiting is over. (I am losing sleep over this entire process, and I now have some huge bags under my eyes - not very attractive, I'm afraid). Once we have the contingencies signed off, I will move full steam ahead with packing, etc., which I am anxious to continue, since closing is scheduled for Oct. 23.

We have almost completed the "fix it" list that resulted from the inspection. Thank goodness it was only minor repairs that needed to be completed.

Please keep us in your thoughts that tomorrow will bring good news! I will certainly be sending selling mojo and dust to all of you sellers!

Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Well anita oct 23rd will be here before you know it. We had our buyers sign off on all contingencies last week. They had petty stuff from the inspection and we took care of them all except for the crawl space. Im not going in there so Hubby will have to when he comes home on Thursday. Well we are right behind you on schedule for closing, we close on oct 28th, and Im nervous, anxious, excited and sad too in all. But I just wanted to let you know that everything is going to work out fine. Good Luck!

Good morning everyone one! I hope we all have a good Sunday. Just wanted to say hi to you all before I venture off to Church! Have a good one and hope to come back to see that some of you have showings today or better yet offers!!

Michelle

Old 09-28-2008, 09:51 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Did they make your cabinets oily feeling? I am having a really hard time finding anything that does not make them feel greasy after I clen them.

Good luck with the drive by stalker!!!

Kristine
I had some other kind of orange oil that did make them feel greasy, but the Pledge doesn't seem to do that. Just make sure you allow it a bit of time to soak in. The Pledge one says that it both cleans and polishes, and it definately does. I used it on all the furniture that we moved down to SC before we moved it into place and the next morning it was fine. If the wood is really dry, I spray it right on the wood and wipe it down, but if the wood isn't too bad then I spray it on a cloth and wipe. That way you don't get too much on. I actually did two coats on some of the antique pieces that hubby pulled from his mother's house and they were fine in the morning. I just use an old washcloth with it and it works great. I found that paper towels don't work as well.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:54 AM

1,802 posts, read 8,163,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey Janet come on down! I will personally show you 2 house, lol. I too look at houses where I want to move, found a couple and they help me stay focused on my goal but this has also hurt me when the house I really wanted was reduced and then sold! then we also look at the competition in the area when a new listing comes up or when one is sold to see the price. So I guess I am guilty too! Didn't think about that when I last posted on "hits".
I'm on my way!

And yes, it is frustrating to think I've found that perfect house and then see it sold. But I have to be realistic - I realize the inventory I'm looking at today isn't going to be the same in July 09. But it gives me an idea of what's available.

And I also check the houses in my area to scope out the competition. It gives me a chance to see what I'm up against!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:58 AM

Do you all have those home brochures located in a box on your for sale sign? I noticed that within a week all my brochures are gone (about 7 a week). And at first I thought ok the first few were probably from nosey neighbors...although the joke is on them because my realtor does not put the price of the home on the brochures that are outdoors. But I am wondering who else could be taking those brochures besides prospective buyers? I just don't get that we have had 4 showings in 3 weeks and yet we are down almost 30 brochures. Just curious if you all are noticing the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate