Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Well all I have to say about St. joe is that I am a Christian and when I first buried him I was very doubtful. but after I sat and pondered a bit I dug him up and buried him again with his feet sticking up towards heaven and facing my house right next to the for sale sign. 3 days later my phone rings after being quiet for almost a month and long story short I am in contract now. So it doesn't hurt to try...just have faith.
Thanks for this--very inspirational to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
WE buried our St. Joe statue but when we sold the home we forgot to take him out of his home.(ground) What will the new ownwers think when they find him. Maybe think we were desperate which we were.lol
Note to self: Don't forget to dig up St. Joe, give him a big 'ole kiss and take him to your new home in Texas!!!

Old 09-22-2008, 10:17 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
Whee all this excitement!!! Not too bad sykes! ou'll be closing before you know it! And Mawoods, hope your stay isn't TOO extended...and painter...I SURE HOPE this is THE one..either one huh? LOL

good nite peeps...here is a Sioux Indian prayer...I thought it very touching and humble, hope you like it too. ( I have Cherokee ancestry...do any of you have native americans in your past???)

Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds
Whose breath gives life to the world, hear me
I come to you as one of your many children
I am small and weak
I need your strength and wisdom
May I walk in beauty
Make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.
Make my hands respect the things you have made
And my ears sharp to your voice.
Make me wise so that I may know the things you have taught your children.
The lessons you have written in every leaf and rock
Make me strong--------!
Not to be superior to my brothers, but to fight my greatest
enemy....myself
Make me ever ready to come to you with straight eyes,
So that when life fades as the fading sunset,
May my spirit come to you without shame.
…A Sioux Prayer, Translated by Chief Yellow Lark – 1887

Old 09-22-2008, 10:49 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,533 times
Wow you guys have been busy today, 6 pages!!!!

I am tired and can't even get it all straight yet so I will do as good as possible here lol!!! If I mess up chalk it up to old age!

springbean and Janet! You will find a great bunch of peeps here!

Crazyma I loved you seed and prayer!!!

Brookdale I pray you get great offers!

raising3boys I loved the "Garbage Truck"

For all of you close to closing and all of us wishing we were there, here is some pixie dust and I am praying this home selling will soon be a thing of the past! TC and GB!!!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:30 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springbean View Post
Hi everyone! I'm new here, I've been lurking but just hadn't posted yet! We listed our house last Thursday and had our first showing on Sunday. It's amazing how quickly you forget how much selling a house SUCKS!!!! Especially in a market like this. I have no idea what to expect, we are priced right, have a nice clean home and well manicured lawn, but we also have 3 foreclosures one street over. I am sooo frustrated by those damn foreclosures. How much competition are they? Hopefully not much, I hear they are harder to get a hold of nowadays. I'm sure I will be around needing support over next few months (praying that's all it takes!)

Here's my house:
Single Family Home - 703 Green Vista Ct, Round Rock, TX, 78665 - Realtor.com (http://www.realtor.com/realestate/round+rock-tx-78665-1103253613/ - broken link)
lol Wow. That place is huge! And gorgeous. The price is pretty great too. I don't see why your house would be on the market for very long. I wish you all the best. And welcome!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:41 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
Thank you everyone for your encouraging words. I appreciate it.

Crazyma,
I'm part Cherokee, too, on both sides of my family. Maternal grandpa's mom was Cherokee. (I don't know what her name was.) There's also Cherokee blood from my maternal grandma and paternal grandpa. I also have a little bit of African blood. Unfortunately, all that Irish, English, Scottish, Welsh and Dutch blood has made me very white. lol Not exactly ghostly, but I am quite light-skinned and I burn instead of tan. I used to tan when I was a kid. Don't know what happened.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:43 AM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
I'm finally back today. Had a garage sale this past weekend and was just too tired to do much of anything else. Hubby talked me into having another one the weekend of Oct 3-4, so everything is still sitting up in the garage. But I told him that I have to leave for SC no later than Oct 8th because they are having an Oktoberfest in our "pod" -- our group of homes on 2.5 streets -- and I have already signed up to go. Plus I had 70 auctions posted on eBay, 60 of which sold so all day today I have been dealing with that stuff, as well as dealing with the ones that hubby sold. UGH......

I can sympathize with those ready to give up. I am at that point. I have quit the constant cleaning and when I was coming home today I looked at the sign in the yard (still the same cheap-o metal one) and said that if it wasn't for the lock box, I would just pull up the 2 signs and go dump them in the agents office and tell her to take a hike. I'm sick of the whole thing. I was looking at real estate transfers in our area and everything that is selling is in the $50,000 to $60,000 range and not in ours. But then again anybody in this area who has money to buy ours will move to another county with less taxes and a much better and SANER school district! St. Joe and the fairies have passed us by. And now it appears that we may be forced to buy some fuel oil for the winter that we were hoping to avoid. And of course the barrel price jumped $25 today! Double UGHHH...

I'm glad to see so many of you guys getting contracts, though. Hope everything works out.

Going to take a big step this week, though. Since I'm going to be down in SC near Charlotte by myself and don't know what kind of job I will get, if anybody even wants to hire me, or what hours I will have to work, I told hubby that I was thinking about getting a pistol, taking lessons and getting my carry & conceal permit. First thing I know my neighbor from across the street appears on Saturday afternoon. He used to own a gun shop and still sells and works on them a lot. Seems hubby must have thought it was a good idea, so now the guy is going to take me to the range this week and let me try out some different ones. Then he'll teach me the basics and I'll take classes down in Charlotte when I get there. Now I just have to find out all the legalities in SC and Lancaster Co. Crime is pretty high in Charlotte and even though SC is more strict, I will be out and about a lot both in Charlotte and SC. Although both entrances to the community are manned at night by off duty deputies, the back entrance is fully open during the day for contruction vehicle use. Plus there is no fence between the new commercial area and the community, so anybody can come in there.

So that's my life since the last post! Better head off to bed since it's pushing 3am and I'm getting punchy. Too many boxes taped and too many address labels printed. 'Night!

Old 09-23-2008, 01:49 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
I can sympathize with those ready to give up. I am at that point. I have quit the constant cleaning and when I was coming home today I looked at the sign in the yard (still the same cheap-o metal one) and said that if it wasn't for the lock box, I would just pull up the 2 signs and go dump them in the agents office and tell her to take a hike. I'm sick of the whole thing. I was looking at real estate transfers in our area and everything that is selling is in the $50,000 to $60,000 range and not in ours. But then again anybody in this area who has money to buy ours will move to another county with less taxes and a much better and SANER school district! St. Joe and the fairies have passed us by. And now it appears that we may be forced to buy some fuel oil for the winter that we were hoping to avoid. And of course the barrel price jumped $25 today! Double UGHHH...
Don't give up Rothbear....it will happen. What part of W.PA are you from? I'm from Pittsburgh. It is frustrating, I know.

Old 09-23-2008, 04:17 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Well all I have to say about St. joe is that I am a Christian and when I first buried him I was very doubtful. but after I sat and pondered a bit I dug him up and buried him again with his feet sticking up towards heaven and facing my house right next to the for sale sign. 3 days later my phone rings after being quiet for almost a month and long story short I am in contract now. So it doesn't hurt to try...just have faith.

Well my realtor sent over info on the inspection. We had 5 things they want us to fix and its all easy stuff on my hubby. Like clean out the crawl space that we never go in and when the home was built almost 7 years ago I guess they left stuff in there so he will clean that out next week when he is home. replace a board underneath our bedroom window thats starting to dry rot so we will do that tomorrow. Remove plants that grew close to the foundation....we did that already too. It was on the side of the house I never go on. Weird lived here almost 7 years and have only been on that side of the house less than a handful lol. Replace this little piece of wood underneath the eave that was placed wrong, I can't believe it wasn't pointed out when we had our inspection when this house was built...and last they want us to have the hvac serviced to see if it works right. Well my husband works with hvac systems all the time and he just cleaned it and it works just fine plus we replaced it with a good quality filter. Im wondering if we should still have this done and pay someone to do exactly what my husband did? I think what got us on that he had the filter out to change before inspection and it slipped his mind and forgot to replace it. The old one was dirty, but not to the point to where it looked as if we don't take care of our system, also he cleaned the system 2 weeks ago. Do we have to agree to everything they want us to do? couldn't they see in the inspection that the heat works just fine...it was blazing hot in my house when i got home. Just ranting and I know its not much, but right now we are living on a tight budget and we really don't want to fork out extra money we really don't have right now due to extra expenses of my husband living away from home.

that's it. I am reburying St. Joe near the for sale sign!

Old 09-23-2008, 05:10 AM

183 posts, read 686,184 times
Thanks for the warm welcome I am thinking of getting a St. Joe statue, where would one purchase such a thing?

You guys are awesome!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:06 AM

1,178 posts, read 2,836,922 times
Niki, you sound beautiful!!!! That is what makes our country great!

Rothbear - don't give up! Every night I would be down - probably just lonely and tired but every morning I remember that a new day could change things in an instant. Every day is a new beginning and miracles do occur. By the way, I am in Georgia and am familiar with SC. Is crime that high? I have never heard of it being worse than anywhere else. To hear the news about Atlanta you would think that crime is terrible and I suppose it is in some areas but where I have lived, not really a problem that I face every day. I have even forgotten to lock my door at night (bad I know).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate