Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2008, 02:05 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times

Advertisements

Raising-wow-hope things start looking up for you! If your buyers are determined they will get it done.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:28 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Hi everyone! I have a lot of reading to catch up on! I did go back a couple of pages and Crazyma -I am voting for you too~! I have passed that link on to a few friends. My boys laughed when I put their name in it.

Well, things have been very stressful here. My Nana had to be put in a nursing home last week and that has been tough. My mom is having some health issues with her anemia ( she is undergoing IVs now) and she is dealing with being in charge of my Nana. It is very sad.

Today, we got horrible news. I am hanging on to hope,but... its slim. Our buyers are not able to get financing. They are putting down down 30% and still can't get it. They got married last week, but the husband owns rental properties and the bank said right now they can't finance him with those. -UGH!

Also, drum roll... our agent quit! She went out on her own. I am ok with it,but she did not tell us. We got a lame email that said here is my new contact information. Her broker ( who I really liked!) told us when we called about something. Anyhow, the broker is now our agent. She said that our buyer still want the house are aggressively looking for financing, blah,blah. She did say that she has a new person moving in to the area and want to see our home on Thursday/Friday. She told us she was going to show them the house to have a back up.

I am so upset, but I know in this market it isn't over until the ink is dry!

Our buyer's agent was really pressuring us to put in an offer on the two new homes we saw. She said someone else wants them. My dh said that we do not want two house payments. She doesn't get it! We did get preapproved by three places with great rates. She told us that the homes might not be there when we are ready to purchase. I am like whatever because we want the builder to be able to deal without us saying we have to sell first.

Well, sorry about the long post. I am on my to catch up on the news with everyone!

Spreading lots and lots and lots and lots and lots... of dust around!
they will get the financing. My buyer had a very hard time also but she wanted the home a lot just like your buyers and there is money out there. My goodness 30% down will make one of the banks or mortgage CO say yes.
Lorrie

Old 10-13-2008, 03:14 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Finally heard from my agent, not good. The buyers agent said the people didn't find anything that they did not like about my house and it is exactly what they want but just not ready to write the offer!!!!!!!!! Since they are not in that big of a hurry they want to see if something else will come up for sale in the near future, what a bunch of crap! BUT this is the kicker mine was the only one that they want now but maybe waiting will bring something better...it is all b.s. My agent told her if they want the house then write the d*mn offer. What is wrong with people??? I am beyond mad now. Just dont get it. Anyway he is trying to get in touch with the agent again. I wont hold my breath. The thing is right now there is only 6 or 7 places in the area with the land at this price range. You know when I get to go house hunting and I have choosen my area if I find the "perfect" place, do you think I will say oh no lets wait and see if anyone else decides to sell?

Last edited by the painter; 10-13-2008 at 03:15 PM.. Reason: word omitted

Old 10-13-2008, 03:21 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Finally heard from my agent, not good. The buyers agent said the people didn't find anything that they did not like about my house and it is exactly what they want but just not ready to write the offer!!!!!!!!! Since they are not in that big of a hurry they want to see if something else will come up for sale in the near future, what a bunch of crap! BUT this is the kicker mine was the only one that they want now but maybe waiting will bring something better...it is all b.s. My agent told her if they want the house then write the d*mn offer. What is wrong with people??? I am beyond mad now. Just dont get it. Anyway he is trying to get in touch with the agent again. I wont hold my breath. The thing is right now there is only 6 or 7 places in the area with the land at this price range. You know when I get to go house hunting and I have choosen my area if I find the "perfect" place, do you think I will say oh no lets wait and see if anyone else decides to sell?
WTH is wrong with those people? OMG I would be so pissed! Sorry just a bit fired up today?

Did anyone else hear Obama's comment about spreading the wealth???? I feel like my head is going to explode.

Kristine

Old 10-13-2008, 03:21 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
My goodness Raising...it always seems like bad news comes in bunches, doesn't it. I think it's God's way of testing us...Sometimes I have felt like yelling out 'ok Lord, haven't we been tested enough?" but there's always more to come I am sure...Hang in there, praying for your mom and Nana..it's tough, girlfriend, it all works out..

Sounds like your buyers are determined enough and will get the financing. I wonder, in this credit crunch, if the lenders are just testing the buyers, too. When we end up buying, we will have about 50% down, you would think that shows good faith there, who is going to, in this market, default and lose that kind of money, which is the whole point of down payments..the more you put down, the more you have to lose, I guess..anyway, things will work out

I would certainly not buy another home before the ink is dry on this one.you don't need more stress on top of what you have already...I wonder if some agents aren't just more aggressive, it's not like there aren't houses out there for criminy sakes.

Rothbear, you be careful out there...holy crap...there is crime everywhere, and we need to be careful just going to Target or the market..I don't go very many places by myself like I used to when we were both still working, usually we go together. And as much as it drives me crazy sometimes, I am used to it. He can hassle finding parking, etc..

Painter and Lacey, anything??

Keeping fingers toes and eyes crossed!

Old 10-13-2008, 03:28 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post

Oh Painter, I just saw your post, guess I am backwards today. I know EXACTLY how you feel. And the frustration. At least they didn't come 5 times and chase you out...with the dogs..and sniff your grass. I think about those grass sniffers and I get pissed all over again...sounds like not a lot available in your area, you have a very specific type of property, country property. We lived in the 'country' 2004-2005 east of Sacramento, before we ended up in Utah..we had 3 acres, nice house..it was pretty much the height of real estate and when we bought it, you had to buy a home the same day you saw it, there just weren't many of those kind of homes. I won't even tell you what we paid for it, fortunately we sold a year later and took a small loss, nothing like this last time. Anyway, my point is that hopefully they will realize that and get that offer written!

Let us know, isn't this a great place to vent and cry, with folks going or have gone through the same thing. It's hard to explain these feelings to someone not doing the real estate thing...they just don't get the stress..

Hang in there!!!

Old 10-13-2008, 03:38 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
WTH is wrong with those people? OMG I would be so pissed! Sorry just a bit fired up today?

Did anyone else hear Obama's comment about spreading the wealth???? I feel like my head is going to explode.

Kristine

I think you and I felt the same way but i got a massive migraine after watching him. Hubby was home and he turned the TV off.

Painter i am so sorry these people do not realize that they are playing with peoples emotions.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:41 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Oh Painter dear friend I am so sorry-what is wrong with these people these days.

Hammy and Lorrie-feel the same.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:43 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,807,520 times
painter, I can't tell you how many times I heard that one. I really think people don't know what to do and are afraid of making a mistake, and it will be a big one. Hang in there.

Old 10-13-2008, 03:47 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,182,553 times
Hey troops.
GEEZ raising! I bet those folks will find financing...him having rental propoerty...such a load of BS, we had a primary and 3 rental once.....I can't believe some of these places, they are TOOOOOO cautious at times, I mean really.....URGH

PAINTER...exactly.... Poop. if I waited every time we've bought a house for something else to come along, I'd still be in an apt.!! Will send cooties and bedbugs to those people!

hammy...saw that clip too un freaking real

Well I got all the stuff reorganized except for the iffice, si I am going to go make a dent in it now.TTYL
Chins UP peeps...whether you believe it or not, everything is according to God's timing......faith, trust and a whole heaping helping of PATIENCE please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate