Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2008, 03:52 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michie1 View Post
We got our house!!!! YIPPY-SKIPPY!! Yesterday was a very l o n g day and finally I said "we get an AC or we walk" and you have 1 hour to let me know. Yep, I put the ball in their court and me and hubby would have been disappointed but we would have walked. There are just too many houses on the market right now to quibble over a flipping AC!! The house has a great floor plan and is in a very desirable area for us but like any house we have some changes to make so we are looking at putting $$$ out right away. We have LOTS of windows which is great up here in the Pacific Northwest but each of those windows has be be covered, cha-ching!! We have a very short escrow. We close on the 31st, yikes, I better get busy! Thanks for your support and sprinkles of fairy dust for all~ ****

What great news and good for you for demanding an AC.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:10 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Just spoke to my agent and we are gonna wait a few days and see if those lookers come back around then he will call and see if maybe there is some kind of incentive to get them to write the offer. Well we are gonna think about it for afew anyway.

Old 10-14-2008, 06:00 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Painter let them stew!

Old 10-14-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Just spoke to my agent and we are gonna wait a few days and see if those lookers come back around then he will call and see if maybe there is some kind of incentive to get them to write the offer. Well we are gonna think about it for afew anyway.

We tried a few months when our house was for sale to advertise that we would pay a certain portion to be decided of their mortgage for 6 mos. No takers then. I had seen a builder do it so I thought lets give it a try. What really worked was to give the buyers agent a cash bonus. the agent who was our buyers agent didn't take it though so we could come to a deal since it was such a slow offer. We did have more showings then with that offer. We were also told and i think i read it on this board to have samples of carpet or granite to be picked by a buyer and we would pay for it. Didn't do that either but that could work.

Old 10-14-2008, 07:40 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michie1 View Post
Hey rothbear, can you drop off some apple bread on your way to SC? Have a safe trip!
Barb, have a great time in Sacramento, you're getting close to my old stomping grounds~
I have so much to do I need to FOCUS! Darned interest went up to 6.5% today, grrrrr!!
Thanks, Michie...i thought interest rates were going down....crapola.. Is there anywhere you want me to wave to on our drive down, I always have to wave at Lake Shasta, future d i l parents have a houseboat there, although its too cold for them to be there, but I always wave, anyway! Heck it gives me something to do, lol.

We are going to Apple Hill one day over the weekend, apples, wineries, food, wine, more food, more wine, get the point I guess..
Apple Hill Growers

We arent leaving until Thursday night so will be on until then...everyone have a relaxing evening!

Old 10-14-2008, 07:42 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Painter........You have got to be kidding me! They are going to wait!?!?! Hope that you sell and then they come back and lose out! We have the same thing.....house in a rural area with land. But that doesn't seem to matter here where there is lots of land.

raising.......I think the banks are totally going too far the other direction now. There has to be a happy middle ground. I can't believe that they would turn down 30%! That's totally ridiculous. I'm sure there is someone who will take it. Have they tried any credit unions? They seem to be doing better.

Michie....Wow, congrats! Pays to stick to your guns. Lack of AC totally mystifies me, especially in a new house. I figured that was pretty much standard anymore in new builds, even one that's been on the market for a couple years.

dogmom.....Daughter and I made tons of "apple" stuff this past weekend. We made a praline topped apple pie, Dutch apple pie, crock-pot applesauce, and apple bread. She carted in a TON of NY state apples with her. It all came out pretty good, though.

As of tomorrow I'm off to SC!! YEAH!!! Van is packed to the brim and still have a few things to try and stick in. So I'll be changing my location when I get back on. It all depends on whether the person in our neighborhood locked their modem yet when I will be back on. Rats, did I just say that outloud???? If I have to go to the Lake House (activity center) to do my internet it will only be once a day maximum until I can get Comporium or Time Warner out to install, which may be a couple weeks. So if I don't see you guys for awhile, be good and SELL SELL SELL!! (Especially mine if you can make that happen!)
Rothbear, have a very safe trip..how far is it again? Let us know when you are back online ok. Be safe you pistol packin' mama! Hugs!

Old 10-14-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Thanks, Michie...i thought interest rates were going down....crapola.. Is there anywhere you want me to wave to on our drive down, I always have to wave at Lake Shasta, future d i l parents have a houseboat there, although its too cold for them to be there, but I always wave, anyway! Heck it gives me something to do, lol.

We are going to Apple Hill one day over the weekend, apples, wineries, food, wine, more food, more wine, get the point I guess..
Apple Hill Growers

We arent leaving until Thursday night so will be on until then...everyone have a relaxing evening!

Have you ever eaten at Apple hill resturant? We always stoped there coming or going from Lake Tahoe Barb or anyone? Great food and for several years that was our pit spot.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:23 PM

571 posts, read 1,049,957 times
Hello everyone!

Michie - so happy for you! Good for you for sticking to what you wanted! Isn't it fun to find a new house?

Painter - maybe those folks will see the light and rush to make an offer on your place! Crossing fingers for you.

Rothbear - safe trip - we will be in the NC soon! Not too far from you!

Dogmom - have a wonderful trip visiting with your son and future d i l.

This is such a great group - pixie dust and prayers to all!

Our buyers are coming for the final walk through tomorrow morning. I cleaned the house the best I could with all of the boxes and moving supplies... I'm sure they will understand. I have all the receipts for them for the minor repairs we made, and all of the documentation for the appliances, etc. I hope they are as excited as we are.

We received the signed contract from the bank today on the home we are buying in NC! We are so excited! Inspection tomorrow, and then just wait until we get there for the closing!

Closing here is next Thursday, and then the following Wed. in NC. Please send good wishes that everything goes according to plan!

Thanks for being here - you peeps are the best!

Anita

Old 10-14-2008, 09:51 PM

336 posts, read 864,416 times
Best of Luck to you anita. Time just flies by so fast before you know it. I was just sitting talking to my son and told him the 28th will be here before we know it. You will be in my thoughts next thursday for your closing and the following weds as well for the closing on your new home.

Rothbear Have a safe trip....

Painter....what can I say I just hope they get off the pot and do something. Best of luck to you!

Old 10-14-2008, 09:54 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
WEE hAAAAA...our recent sellers that are moving on are really excited...and we are excited for you. After all that work waiting on that one buyer....now you get to have a new place to call home too!! The next best feeling to selling a house is buying a new one!!!!!!! that first time you walk in the door, when the new place is empty and still, would give me goosebumps and shivers of joy LOL and then the daydream screeches to a halt when the belongings arrive.Then you are scratching your head wondering how in the world will I get it all figured out?!?!?!

What a great feeling!!

Now all you peeps that are still waiting , don't despair! Don't be afraid to ENJOY the home you are in, phooey on the buyers. Who wants some old stiff necked anal retentive buyer anyway??? They'd be h377 to deal with probably. So you can still keep it clean and neat, but really, unless you happen to be in some museum behemoth of a billion $$ home, who cares if the toys are alighned perfectly on the shelf, and the pillows are plumped to high heaven!

LIVE people LIVE...and if a buyer unexpectedly wants to come, just tell'em come one and pardon any thing you've may overlook, but you and yours have been living and having fun!!

SLeep well peeps and hope the cooler fall weather is invigorating to you all too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate