Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2008, 01:04 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Hey all I'm here!!! Hopefully garage will be finished today and I'll have a hot date with the shop vac!

No lookers,no calls.

I hope you enjoy your hot date with MR. Vac

Old 10-20-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niki View Post
The furniture mall near High Point is Furnitureland South. My husband and I looked around the place back in the Spring when we were trying to find a new bedroom suit. Furnitureland South is super expensive. They have a building that's just sale items, but even those were a bit too expensive for us.

We then checked out Rooms 2 Go (not the best quality) and Bassett. We found a set we really liked at Bassett and that's the one we bought.

As for the couple who were snooping around lol, I almost did open the door when I saw the man walking up towards our porch (thinking he was selling something), but I figured that might make him feel weird.

Did I mention Havertys. I love their furniture and found the perfect cherry writing desk on line. The Havertys that is close to us is also over an hour away so I waited until our last trip to FL about a month ago that haverty's was a few blocks away. They had one on the showroom floor and I begged them to let me have that one. She said no and i said we will just have to order it on line when we got home. We then looked around the floor for some ideas and a few min later she said we could have the floor model.Yea and for $50 less double yea. also no delv charge.

Lorrie

Old 10-20-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Gee you poor dears I found a dress at a consignment shop for DD wedding. For like 30 bucks.It fit and I went with it, color be damned! I am not a fashion diva so it might be ugly as homemade sin for all I know
It is a darker purple, right around the knee,crepe with a matching little bit sparkly lace overlay on the top, bodice area. Pretty simple. Got some multi color shoes and little clutch to *match* ......... Any body want it???? Seriously....size 12-14 ish, the shoes a 9...DM me if ya want me to email you a pic

Well I need to go fix some lunch and get cracking. Sewing to do, new drapes & rod to replace the verticals on slider, and the yard looks like crap. And now my tooths hurt, sinus I hope.
Ain't life grand
Remember today could be the day your Buyer in shining armor sweeps in !

Sara I am sure you look good in anything you wear. You just seem to be that type of person on line. Fashion be darned That out fit does sound to good to be true. I can never find a good bargin in clothes.
Hey there you in your next paragraph had to mention sewing. Show off.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:03 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I hope you enjoy your hot date with MR. Vac
Believe me Mr. Vac will be burning up!!! It's a mess out there and I'm trying to keep up with it.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:44 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
Hey little busy bees!!
Lorrie you are a hoot, you would die laughing if you ever saw me in person..I give designers indigestion and WHat not to Wear gave me a black plastic bag WITH the twist tie, for me to go in, not me clothes....
when God made me I thought He said books, so I said give me scary.....later I found out He said Looks.

Nordstorms...wow oh you gals are high cotton Gee I haven't bought anythign new in forever...'cept for undies LOL

Hey I got my leather furniture at Haverty's. Wanted something firmer so it can get broke in comfy, instead of one real smushy and too loose. It is in the living room and at the rate we sit in there it's going to be firm a LOOOOOng time!!!!!!!

Well I went on a rampage and dusted, vacuumed with Mr Hoover ( lacey, that job Sucks, doesn't it???) washed clothes. now in the bathroom to clean out the linen closet and I just realized HE will be here soon for dinner before class. SO will be back later.

Hope everyone is keeping their hopes high that buyers will bee swarming this week to get those houses before the rates do whatever they are apt to do

Old 10-20-2008, 03:56 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to stop in and catch up. Lots of marriages to be, dress shopping, furniture shopping, etc. All fantastic new beginnings! Congratulations to those who are settling into their new houses, and to those whose son's/daughters are getting married. Dogmom, I can relate to the hot flashes...last night I was up every hour and a half. Kinda like the cycle on a washer/dryer...hot, then wet, then cold, then dry, repeat. Getting as much sleep as when my twins were newborns.

Hoping for an upswing in confidence of lenders and continued low interest rates. No showings here. Anyone else? When our contract runs out in December, don't think I will list again until the market demand has shown some positive momentum. I put in a civil service application today, for a local job, boo hiss. Got to be realistic..like to eat and have electricity, lol.
Hang in there everyone. Hugs to all you fantastic CMBCers.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:45 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Well just spoke with my agent and we did not have one call over the weekend, he is so disgusted. Says the Sept. sales are almost the same as last Sept., except the ave price is down of course. We are also back to a 16 month supply which really sucks. Also talked about the lenders telling him they have loans available but...qualifying is a whole nother story. If they go to the credit score of 750 with 20-30% down there isn't gonna be alot of people buying. The ave house sold in the P'cola area was 176K, thats abit over 35k down not counting closing and moving expense. So how many do you know with say a min of 50k sitting around, let alone 80-90k for mine. So so depressing.......

Old 10-20-2008, 04:59 PM

620 posts, read 1,951,193 times
Just stopping by for a sec- We had a showing on Saturday afternoon and we didn't know it.LOL. I guess I am glad because I would have just stressed about it! Our agent said that she was calling the agent this evening and asking for feedback-hmm, we all know how that goes. We will see.

No news from the buyers that have the contract on the house. I guess it is null and void. Oh, well.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:49 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,319 times
Painter, I know how you feel. I try to not think about the fact we are trying to sell, expected to have moved by now, and we dont even hear from our realtor anymore. My DH's parents are selling as well, their area (20 min from us) has not had one sale, any price, in 2 months. not one house sold! My winter depression is already setting in. I even changed my mind about going away this wknd with my husband because i dont feel like it. ugh!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Well just spoke with my agent and we did not have one call over the weekend, he is so disgusted. Says the Sept. sales are almost the same as last Sept., except the ave price is down of course. We are also back to a 16 month supply which really sucks. Also talked about the lenders telling him they have loans available but...qualifying is a whole nother story. If they go to the credit score of 750 with 20-30% down there isn't gonna be alot of people buying. The ave house sold in the P'cola area was 176K, thats abit over 35k down not counting closing and moving expense. So how many do you know with say a min of 50k sitting around, let alone 80-90k for mine. So so depressing.......
I don't understand why your realtor is dumping on you and giving all the negitives. He you said told you that the lenders want 20-30% down he must look for other lenders they are out there.A realtor that is so negative is not helping you at all. Is he just looking for excuses? I know how hard it is to sell a home but you need a realtor that is positive. You have worked your butt off fixing up your home so you have done your part. He has to do his part. Look into FHA has he thrown that out to a PB. FL is a hard sell now but their our many from the north that would love to move to FL. I remember Sept last year and it was slow but nov and Dec which surprised me picked up. Your home will sell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate