Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2008, 01:08 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times

Advertisements

Hey painter.........just to pop in and wish you TONS of luck with your showing!!! Fingers and everything crossed.

Why is it that families can just drive you up the wall?? After my Dad got sick I ended up taking over all their financial stuff (paying bills, opening and closing accounts, consolidating things). I am an only child and needed to know what was where so that I could make sure everything was taken care of because my mother was becoming more and more confused (beginnings of Alzheimers). After my Dad died my mother immediately went downhill and had to go to an assisted living facility. All of a sudden my uncle (husband of my mother's sister) decided to start sticking his nose in everywhere. He called one night and started asking all kinds of nosy questions about finances and basically I told him that I was taking care of it and it was none of his business. We had been close before this started. Then one time he went into the hospital and acted as though he was my dad so that he could get info about my mother. When the nurse told me that my Dad had been in earlier, I promptly told her that I didn't know she could see ghosts, because my Dad had been dead for 3 years!! I had to sign a paper to keep info from him. I had travelled on business so much that I had enough points with National Car Rental that I was able to get the use of a brand new Buick Regal for a year free. Well, I took my mother to a funeral and he saw the car and told one of my cousins that he thought I was stealing money from my mother to buy the car!!! And this guy was once the supervising principal of the school district, so he's no dummy. Needless to say we didn't speak again. He ended up getting killed in a stupid accident (rolled a ridinig lawnmower down a hill). Now I have to put up with the crap with my MIL, too. Well, actually I've always put up with crap from her since she didn't want her precious son to marry me. UGH!

Well....hoping that daughter gets here in about 3 hours or so. Not sure when she left. I'm surprised she hasn't called on the cell wanting me to talk to her. Going to go start a loaf of bread in the machine and make some chili. That way I can just reheat things when she gets here. Ta-ta! Hope when I get back everyone will have prospective buyers!!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:34 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
It seems we all have family loans hurting our families, geeze. It so sad but true, you try to help out, give, loan what ever and it always turns bad.

Now on to selling....Can we get a WAHOOOO!!!! My agent just called abit ago we have someone coming in at 11 a.m. to look. They flew in from out of state to see it. This will be my first in house lookers in 4 months! They will look at another one down the road that is 20k more, 2.5 acres less, no pool and not updated, it still has RED SHAG CARPET! Please please put up the dust and alot of prayers. On to cleaning for me......

YEAH!!!! Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Kristine

Old 10-09-2008, 02:57 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Thanks everyone, just taking a break from spit polishing! It's crazy I got up this morning to go to the grocery shoppin, eeek and told my neighbor I had to get home to clean so I could sell the house this weekend, just jokin with him. Came home to the phone ringing! So now I am overly anxious and I dont know why well I do but for some reason I am really anxious over this one. Just got good vibes you know. I just hope it is not my overly active imagination at work.
Has anyone seen a sudden jump in grocery prices? I almost had heart failure at the check out today. I go every 2 weeks or so and I spent 215., HOW do families with 3-4 kids do it? Now I did buy meat but no steaks or high price stuff. They did have chicken 1/4s for .56/# today. Yup I am having chicken tonight!

Old 10-09-2008, 02:58 PM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,408 times
Great news, Painter. If they choose the other house, they're crazy. lol

We have nice Autumns here in NC. It's been in the 70s. Today is about 68°.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:14 PM

336 posts, read 864,351 times
Hey barb

the house hunting is going pretty good. There is alot out there so I don't think we will have a problem snatching something up. Dh husband is in town all week for training and goes back to work tuesday. My son and I with dog in tow well head up the 17th or the 18th to go look at places and hopefully get something that weekend. Painter good luck on your showing. I think I would be anxious to if someone was flying in to see my place. Sounds like a relocation so they probably will move fast. So let us know as soon as you hear something. SO here is tons of *pixie dust* sent to you for an offer and one that you can't refuse.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:31 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Attention Crazy Ma...You promised to play taps for St. Joe's second burial. Well, he was there when I dug him up today, so I calmly sat down on my front porch and had a heart to heart talk with him and said a few prayers and then buried him upside down, facing my house right beside the "For Sale" sign!

I have a buyer coming to look at my house tomorrow at 10 am! Bring on the pixie dust.

Old 10-09-2008, 03:39 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Now on to selling....Can we get a WAHOOOO!!!! My agent just called abit ago we have someone coming in at 11 a.m. to look. They flew in from out of state to see it. This will be my first in house lookers in 4 months! They will look at another one down the road that is 20k more, 2.5 acres less, no pool and not updated, it still has RED SHAG CARPET! Please please put up the dust and alot of prayers. On to cleaning for me......
WAHOOO!!! Let us know how it went!

Old 10-09-2008, 04:23 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Attention Crazy Ma...You promised to play taps for St. Joe's second burial. Well, he was there when I dug him up today, so I calmly sat down on my front porch and had a heart to heart talk with him and said a few prayers and then buried him upside down, facing my house right beside the "For Sale" sign!

I have a buyer coming to look at my house tomorrow at 10 am! Bring on the pixie dust.

Here comes some pixie dust your way.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:29 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone, just taking a break from spit polishing! It's crazy I got up this morning to go to the grocery shoppin, eeek and told my neighbor I had to get home to clean so I could sell the house this weekend, just jokin with him. Came home to the phone ringing! So now I am overly anxious and I dont know why well I do but for some reason I am really anxious over this one. Just got good vibes you know. I just hope it is not my overly active imagination at work.
Has anyone seen a sudden jump in grocery prices? I almost had heart failure at the check out today. I go every 2 weeks or so and I spent 215., HOW do families with 3-4 kids do it? Now I did buy meat but no steaks or high price stuff. They did have chicken 1/4s for .56/# today. Yup I am having chicken tonight!
Good Luck Painter!

Old 10-09-2008, 04:30 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Good Luck TexasGirl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate