U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-14-2008, 07:58 AM

51 posts, read 69,701 times
We got our house!!!! YIPPY-SKIPPY!! Yesterday was a very l o n g day and finally I said "we get an AC or we walk" and you have 1 hour to let me know. Yep, I put the ball in their court and me and hubby would have been disappointed but we would have walked. There are just too many houses on the market right now to quibble over a flipping AC!! The house has a great floor plan and is in a very desirable area for us but like any house we have some changes to make so we are looking at putting $$$ out right away. We have LOTS of windows which is great up here in the Pacific Northwest but each of those windows has be be covered, cha-ching!! We have a very short escrow. We close on the 31st, yikes, I better get busy! Thanks for your support and sprinkles of fairy dust for all~ ****

Old 10-14-2008, 08:00 AM

28,227 posts, read 13,032,323 times
Yes!!!!!! Congratulations-you stuck it out and prevailed.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:07 AM

6,196 posts, read 3,127,746 times
Michi, So happy for you! I just knew you would get it, now I would pick out a super fridge for the agent to pay for. Many yrs of happy, wonderful times ahead.

I hope everyone here has a productive positive day...

Old 10-14-2008, 08:26 AM

906 posts, read 1,009,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey everyone,

I think it would be good if we kept politics out of this thread. I certainly understand your frustration with not having your beliefs supported...believe me I do. Also, I know this is America and we all can say whatever we want. Just know that I am a democrat and it makes me uncomfortable when fellow Boot Campers start talking trash about Obama. If this is going to be Crazyma's Boot Camp for Republican Sellers, just let me know, and I'm out of here. Amy
I am so sorry that I offended you. I did not mean to at all. With all that is going on, I just got kind of carried away. It will not happen again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hey peeps........I have been sitting here thinking on it, and I have made a decision.
For the sake of the Boot Camp... TO BE on the safe side I think it best if we don't mention the presidential candidates:tap e: I don't believe anyone went as far as *talking trash* but emotions are running crazy now
..( I know, I know, it's hard with the election looming to not b*tch and Moan ROTFL)
I am not pointing fingers.....I said something ...so I am speaking to myself also

We have all gotten along thus far in spite of our various differences, spread out from east to west, and north to south...rich, poor, the good, bad and ugly......
the main goal is to GIT'ER SOLD.YAY GO SELLERS!!
COME ON BUYERS!!!

PLEASE- no one take offense at this...if you need to , DM me on it
But I really do not want anyone to think the wrong thing or feel unwelcome.

It IS gonna be a tough few weeks, but I hope we can move forward!

Tambre...please stay a boot camp peep
Again, I am really sorry for bringing it up. I should have been more sensitive to others opinions on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Good thought Amy...I'm sure there is a board for politicos! It's funny, we have never ever discussed our views with even our best friends and up here in WA everyone wants to talk about it. At my new dr. the other day there was a huge poster of one of the candidates in the reception area...I just thought that was odd..and I come from CA...then the dr. comes out and she is wearing the candidate's pin! I mean I don't really care, but somehow i think business and politics need to be put aside. Or am I wrong in that, I dunno, it kind of off put me. I'm even really tired of it on tv..thank goodness for baseball right now and dancing with the stars!
Ok, that is really strange and not good practice at all. I would not even put a sign in my yard for a candidate if I was selling my house. You don't want to offend a buyer! I don't think you should bring it into your business either. You never know if your going to offend a customer.

Kristine

Old 10-14-2008, 08:30 AM

51 posts, read 69,701 times
Lacey and Painter, thanks so much! We are SO excited!

Old 10-14-2008, 08:34 AM

6,196 posts, read 3,127,746 times
The only sign in my yard says FOR SALE but if it stays much longer it will need to be painted! I may change it to a billboard and also put a roof over it so I can advertise to any planes flying over too. On second thought I think I will just put a bulls eye on my house's roof.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:44 AM

906 posts, read 1,009,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
The only sign in my yard says FOR SALE but if it stays much longer it will need to be painted! I may change it to a billboard and also put a roof over it so I can advertise to any planes flying over too. On second thought I think I will just put a bulls eye on my house's roof.

Just spray paint BUY ME in huge letters on your roof!

Kristine

Old 10-14-2008, 09:01 AM

28,227 posts, read 13,032,323 times
We just got an estimate on sheetrocking and insulating 3 car garage-he's going to start hopefully Thurs. May be plus in this neck of the woods.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:24 AM

3,191 posts, read 5,355,126 times
Moving forward! (thanks)

Hup 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, hahaha gotcha!!!!!!!!!
Man I have GOT to go back and catch up better with what is going on with all da peeps!

painter......You know I said the same thing about putting a sign on the roof of the house, on the back side. You can see it real good from the air!!! I see me house everytime I fly in & out here...
I don't know know about the bullseye!! Wouldn't want anyone to *practice* their shooting!!!!

Michie YAY!!!!!!! Sometimes ya just got to stick to ya guns and throw it out there...and they took it!! YES!
~~~~###^)^)^)^)^)^)####~~~~~~~~happy dance for ya
Wow, let's see, you are going to be in Washinhton too? What is that now 3 or 4 of you????? Hey if I ever get back to DD in Bremerton....might have to have a boot camp meet up

Lacey, now do you have those things that your cars plug into to keep the oil warm so they start in that cold weather?? And those heating coils things on your roofs for the snow?? I guess the garage stuff will help...I know our is and it makes a big different in the winter, compared to the neighbors unfinished one

Dogmom are you eating PIE....apple PIE??? YUM that sounds good.Makes me think how much I miss my mama's apple pie and fried pies.. She used to put out apple slices to dry every fall too. hmmm now I am hungry...I better go grab a bite
in a while peeps

Old 10-14-2008, 09:58 AM

8,538 posts, read 6,228,045 times
Michie, that is GREAT news...I would have not backed down over the a/c...like you said, lots of homes and no builder in their right mind is going to let you walk away unless the buyers are pounding down their doors, which those days are long gone.

Hammy, it's ok..we all love u. What's great about this is we are all different with different ideas and perspectives, but we can focus on our friendship here in other ways..

I also like the BUY ME on the roof. My inlaws, years ago, had their house numbers stenciled on their roof...lots of their neighbors did. I am not sure why, something about if there were an emergency, they could find the house. Who?? I don't think they send helicopters out for every home burglary or break in, lol. Their whole neighborhood had them so someone must have scared them in to the scam....like when they want to paint yor house number on the curb..some times thats ok, but if you forget to tape over your numbers then they paint. I think you should tape over if you want them painted..

Well, I am cheerful...chat with you later, i have so much paperwork to catch up on, we are driving down to Sac Thursday, will be at our son's until Monday, then driving back..going mom dress shopping with my future daughter in law and her mom over the weekend, yipee! Can I lose 30 lbs by then.

Not by eating pie!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate