Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 05:53 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Up and at it troops!! Days a wasting I'm up....barely
Wow It is so cool that many of you are moving up and moving on!
Anita...now that was a nifty house to have with the park and school closeby...so handy! I grew up caty corner to the elementary school, and my mom could watch me walk in the front door...well run usually
Barb, love the bright red trees, so cheery it makes you feel warm. Maybe those colors help you to acclimate to the nippy cool weather..warm colors. Imagine if the trees turned blues, pinks or purple..Whoo that would make me shiver me timbers! And WOW that brewery building. I wish I could afford someting llike that , to turn into a condo/commune kinda thing. I can't beleive someone doesn't snatch it up for conversion.(Crazyma's Center for the Odd) I adore old buildings/finding new uses for stuff.....
I was looking over my *list*...haven't heard from these folks lately best I can recall- let us know how it's going with ya!!!!
Texasgirl, mawoods, IDtoTX, millie61, springbean, mayfair, tapestry............to name a few

Darn I kept trying to put a of swirling PIXIE leaves, but it won't do!!! I was gonna send y'all some Good luck leaves...aarrgghh...I'll be back!

I did a check and i couldn't find IDto TX springbean or mayfair. I hope that helps but as usual I didnt write the names down so who knows?

Old 10-16-2008, 06:35 PM

183 posts, read 686,399 times
Default Thanks for checking up on me ;)

We've had about 10 showings (been on the market just over 3 weeks now) no bites yet, but all the feedback we've gotten has been good. Everyone loves the house, the yard, the decor...blah, blah, blah just make a ^%$& OFFER! I can't wait till the election is over, maybe we'll all see a positive change!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:54 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Njsocks, It is horrible to have all are hopes based on 1 person and they come in AFTER they study pixs, get all the info. from realtors, and love it all and then say oh this is not it. You think that these people are either blind or mental, not to insult anyone, but for crying out loud.

As to granite have you watched HGT lately every last one of those stinkin shows yell spend 15k-50k you cant sell without stainless and granite. Today there was one that spent 25k on the kitchen 6 yrs ago and they came in and said it is old and dated! Oh no one wants white anymore. Well guess what I have a dated kitchen with stainless and if they dont like it and have to follow the latest trend they can spend the cash, not me. The funny thing is everyone that has been here loves my kitchen. And believe me the photos on mls does show exactly what it is.

Anyway my latest e-mail says no news but will call the buyers agent in the a.m., humm like that will do any good....................

Old 10-16-2008, 07:48 PM

336 posts, read 864,351 times
Can't sell with out granite....thats a bunch of baloney. We sold our home its just barely 7 yrs old and we only had one realtor say we should update to granite to sell...our realtor laughed it off. We have all white appliances and everything matches and if they want to update then they should do it on there own and not expect the sellers to do it. We work hard as sellers to get our home in tip top shape to sell why can't they just appreciate what they can get and deal with the petty stuff later.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:12 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
I'M HERE, I'M HERE, I'M HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!! And my "nice" neighbor hasn't locked the router yet. Signal is weak, but it works.

njsocks -- What a rip! Why do buyer's do that?? The look at all the pictures and then after seeing it they ask about something that obviously shows in the pix! What jerks!

lorriem and anita..........I am actually 5 miles south of the SC border directly south of Charlotte. It's in a little area called Indian Land, but our mailing address is Fort Mill.

I totally agree about the granite/stainless crap! For what our house is priced at and what they are getting they can upgrade at a later time. Our area doesn't justify that kind of upgrades anyhow. Although I am sweating out the fridge since it is 15 years old. I would think they would prefer to pick out their own appliances, though, because I guarantee that anything I pick for that house will NOT be top of the line! And will be black because that's the color of the new dishwasher that we just bought a couple months ago. Stainless doesn't work well because all our cabinet hardware and lights are antique brass.

Arrived yesterday about 4:45pm after a 9 hour trip. Then I had to unload the van and carry it all into the house. Which was a total "joy" because several of the items were extremely heavy, so I had to resort to dragging out my rolling cart. Got everything into the garage and then decided to take a break before moving it all again to the proper rooms. I was so exhausted that I didn't even eat supper. Just snacked on a few mini rice cakes. Didn't sleep well last night because I had taken a Claritin-D because they keep me awake. But kept me awake too long. So I got up at 4am and started putting stuff away and then decided that I needed more to eat than rice cakes so I was forced to go grocery shopping. But I'm settling in. I think I may go over to Sportsman, Inc. tomorrow and check out their charges for using their range. My class is next weekend and I need to get some practice in.

Ta-Ta for now!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:22 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykesfamily View Post
Can't sell with out granite....thats a bunch of baloney. We sold our home its just barely 7 yrs old and we only had one realtor say we should update to granite to sell...our realtor laughed it off. We have all white appliances and everything matches and if they want to update then they should do it on there own and not expect the sellers to do it. We work hard as sellers to get our home in tip top shape to sell why can't they just appreciate what they can get and deal with the petty stuff

later.

We sold our house in 5 mos and it was a 1989 home no granite and our realtor said not to put granite in since the neigborhood was not a granite type place. We did put lamitate wood planks floor in our kitchen. the home when we bought it had stainless steel in it already. Like sykesfamily said if they want granite or up date let them do it themselves Since they have aleady lowballed us(my words) they can afford it I am sure.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:06 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Hey springbean. glad to see ya hanging in there That is pretty good showings for this time of year...the next looker could be the BUYER!!

rothbear...Glad you made the trip safely!!!!! My sis is in Shelby NC, west ot charlotte, and hubby was born in Charlotte and family from there and Rock Hill area You be careful Rothbear Oakley... keep count of your TOES!!

Oh you guys that ole granite, tile , whatever. What it boils down to is some people ain't happy no matter what. they have to find something to complain about BUT the RITE BUYER will BEE there BEE fore you know it! LOL (What pissed my to high heaven in the town we lived in previously, was the foreigners coming from places that barely had running water or electricity, then whining about GRANITE , MARBLE, TILE, and HARDWOOD .....PULEEZE...<whoever told you ALL americans were WEALTHY ....LIED.>...oohhh it made me so ticked off....... I even told one FSBO looker I was allergic to the stuff just to shut her yap up!!!

ALERT ALERT- If it is your cup of tea, linen's N things is closing all their has started the clearance sales. Not sure how good it will be starting off, heard 30% off.......but surely the prices will be slashed as time goes on. They hope to have it all done by the first of the year, SO if you need some new stuff...for now or to stash for later, now might be a good time I squeak when I walk, but I am actually gonna check it out in the morning. Just in case

Old 10-17-2008, 07:42 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
[quote=dogmom;5723687]Socks, that sucks..plain and simple. you can't please everybody, sometimes you can't please nobody. I know I sat there for many hours trying to figure out what was wrong with our house, what could i do to fix it better, what were they looking for..i even went to model homes and took pictures and did some cheap decorating, well i bought cheap it looked good Finally the right buyer came in. Some of these buyers want it all, plus some. Not your fault and out of your control.

Thanks Dogmom! Someone will buy I am sure but man, it's ballsy lol when they see a picture of the house *kitchen* with virtual tour...Never specifying granite counters or 42 in. cabs...so why would they "assume" that!! grrr!! People have nerve.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:56 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Morning fellow troops, I can tell you one thing NO ONe will see my lovely place this a.m.---It is thick as pea soup out there!!! It's 8:50 a.m. and I can just now see the road in front of the house and it is so quiet that I know the farmers aren't even at it yet.

Hadn't heard on Linens going out around here yet, need to check that one out with Christmas coming soon. They are opening a new T J Maxx in the morning here, that is my favorite shop. You know I haven't been shopping in oh 6 months didn't want to buy and have to move anymore stuff.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:03 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,017 times
PAINTER!
Here is my home. I can tell that these cabs are NOT 42 inch or cherry, etc...not granite countertops..

LITTLE EGG HARBOR, NJ, 08087 - Single Family Home Real Estate - REALTOR.com® (http://beta.realtor.com/search/listingdetail.aspx?sby=6&lid=1101970392&sid - broken link)=

I totally hear you on everthing you said!What do people want.
Oh, ok people, I will 20k on cabinets, granite, and let's not Brazilian cherry woodfloors and well lower the price TO 250.K after the upgrades!
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate