Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 08:23 PM

397 posts, read 1,070,029 times

Advertisements

of course. where is the "professionals forum" so many speak of? sorry I brought this up - I was looking for someone who has had an MIA Buyer that might have been able to be of assistance - this idea totally backfired. I no longer want any posts, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2008, 06:19 AM

23,839 posts, read 33,404,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresejenkins View Post
of course. where is the "professionals forum" so many speak of? sorry I brought this up - I was looking for someone who has had an MIA Buyer that might have been able to be of assistance - this idea totally backfired. I no longer want any posts, thank you.
What I would do is ask that a moderator remove the thread.
You are using your real name to post which is easily googled.
If the buyers google your name the post may come up.

I'm not a fan of agents using their real names

Old 09-24-2008, 08:29 AM

10,940 posts, read 21,916,982 times
Quote:
Mr. #5 in the country, what makes you say that? you are too funny to offer your opinion but evidently you never even read the post!
Well since you asked for it...you never stated you are BIC and I didn't want to assume because we all know about assumptions. In 2 months I will be a broker, I already have a buyer agent that works for me, I am not /will not be a BIC. I said ask your BIC because they should have input on where to go. You would assume if the BIC hasn't had similar situations then perhaps they have an attorney or GM or someone they can discuss the situation with since it could become a company legal matter. Even though it wasn't what you wanted to hear it's the right first step (as opposed to a public forum)...

It's my opinion you shouldn't be airing dirty laundry on a public forum but you do whatever you like. Right now that person is still your client so you have to protect them. Posting that info on a public forum is not protecting them first and foremost. So you should:
1-protect your clients best interest
2-inform the selling agent of things you MUST inform them of
3-until the closing date or loan application deadline comes and goes they have not failed to meet time lines
4-send a certified letter
5-document everything because this could be headed to court
6-don't release the EM to anyone w/o written permission

And yes, I am #5 in the world because I'm good. Thank you. So you're a BIC, huh?

Old 09-24-2008, 07:24 PM

15,539 posts, read 40,313,582 times
Quote:
If you go the city-data forum page (click on the city-data forum link), then scroll down to real estate, then you will see the Real Estate Professionals link just below the Real Estate link.

Honestly, if you are going to get defensive, then I encourage you to not participate on online forums. Putting it out there means that some will agree with you and give you what you want, but it also means opening yourself up to people who think you're an idiot and will tell you that in no uncertain terms. It is part and parcel to participation online. You gotta have tough skin.

So...if you really want some helpful suggestions, rephrase your post so that it is easier to understand the flow of events, and post it in the real estate professionals forum.

Old 09-25-2008, 08:08 AM

2,249 posts, read 8,884,430 times
Quote:
We have told him that he will not only lose his earnest money (big deal, only $500) BUT the Selling broker is going to go after him for commission, and the Sellers will go after him for out of pocket expenses incurred for the past 2 months, as well as the appraisal, inspection and title work need to be paid (was going to be paid by Seller at closing)...so you're right - it's his money...as long as I have nothing to do with the situation. It's just terribly embarrassing at this point. It's the first time a client has just checked out with no responses!

Looks to me like the sellers agent didn't protect them too well, eh?
They're just ranting because in hindsight they realize:
1. They took too little earnest money
2. The seller is on the hook for all the expenses because of the way the contract was written and they accepted it.
3. Your buyer is more protected than they are.

Oh well. Stuff happens. They'll know better next time, won't they.
They can threaten all they want. If the buyer has the appropriate financing escape clause, they're free and clear. Broker can sue them for whatever they would like but I doubt they will. Ask the buyer if they would like for their mortgage broker to send over a letter stating they couldn't get financing and then fax that over to the listing broker...end of contract. Do that asap so you are within the time constraints.
No need to be embarrassed...it just business and like I said, it happens.

And kids...she posted this in the RE forum, it doesn't HAVE to be in the professional forum. She also did not post anyone's names. AND unless someone is going to search her without a space between her first and last name, they are not finding her. And this thread doesn't come up in google even if you do that. Did ya all forget to take your nice pills? rofl, what the heck?!

Old 09-25-2008, 08:21 AM

397 posts, read 1,070,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Hoffman View Post
Well since you asked for it...you never stated you are BIC and I didn't want to assume because we all know about assumptions. In 2 months I will be a broker, I already have a buyer agent that works for me, I am not /will not be a BIC. I said ask your BIC because they should have input on where to go. You would assume if the BIC hasn't had similar situations then perhaps they have an attorney or GM or someone they can discuss the situation with since it could become a company legal matter. Even though it wasn't what you wanted to hear it's the right first step (as opposed to a public forum)...

It's my opinion you shouldn't be airing dirty laundry on a public forum but you do whatever you like. Right now that person is still your client so you have to protect them. Posting that info on a public forum is not protecting them first and foremost. So you should:
1-protect your clients best interest
2-inform the selling agent of things you MUST inform them of
3-until the closing date or loan application deadline comes and goes they have not failed to meet time lines
4-send a certified letter
5-document everything because this could be headed to court
6-don't release the EM to anyone w/o written permission

And yes, I am #5 in the world because I'm good. Thank you. So you're a BIC, huh?

Brandon - there are a lot of things I'd like to say to you - but first and foremost is do not EVER, EVER respond to anything I ever write on a forum again - you are RUDE and the fact that you SARCASTIC and CONDESCENDING will only mean you will have a very short lived real estate career dealing with the public.

Yes, I am the BIC - got a problem with that? Do you have a problem that I asked and posted for advice on this forum dealing with the first time a client went MIA?

Did I mention the clients names?

Do you have proof this is an actual case or perhaps a fictional situation that came up as a topic of discussion and I was looking for input from other PROFESSIONALS on how to handle it?

Google my real name all you want. You will see 2 articles in the New York Times, (maiden name Meddaugh) - do you have that?

Good luck to you in your career in the big city of Columbia, SC!

Old 09-25-2008, 09:05 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 22 days ago)

43,177 posts, read 76,826,386 times

"Love is in the air..."

And,,,

I'm in my Happy Place!

Old 09-25-2008, 10:25 AM

15,539 posts, read 40,313,582 times
But Mom...But Dad...she started it.

Old 09-25-2008, 10:38 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,410,074 times
Quote:
Brandon - there are a lot of things I'd like to say to you - but first and foremost is do not EVER, EVER respond to anything I ever write on a forum again - you are RUDE and the fact that you SARCASTIC and CONDESCENDING will only mean you will have a very short lived real estate career dealing with the public.

Yes, I am the BIC - got a problem with that? Do you have a problem that I asked and posted for advice on this forum dealing with the first time a client went MIA?

Did I mention the clients names?

Do you have proof this is an actual case or perhaps a fictional situation that came up as a topic of discussion and I was looking for input from other PROFESSIONALS on how to handle it?

Google my real name all you want. You will see 2 articles in the New York Times, (maiden name Meddaugh) - do you have that?

Good luck to you in your career in the big city of Columbia, SC!

People offered you advice. It just wasn't what you wanted to hear.

The attempted personal insult was a nice touch. Very adult response.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:00 PM

23,839 posts, read 33,404,634 times
Quote:
Pretty sure I was the one that mentioned google not him.
When I want to look someone up I use various ways, keeping the name separated, using an underscore and all as one word. I'm not an agent, I was a seller & buyer within the last year. With search engines like google, I like to find out what I can about people I'm considering using, same goes for doctors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate