Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2009, 08:38 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times

Advertisements

[quote=dogmom;7156635][quote=Chickrae;7142687]

Chckrae, so whats the story with YOUR broker? We really need a low rate to make this work since the taxes are higher than we had planned..but we would be hard pressed to find this same quality house and layout and neighborhood at that price, and already through the short sale approval..i keep waiting for the listing to be pending on the mls..when does that happen, or not until we close? i wanna see it, i wanna see it..

![/quote)

dogmom - The story is he is a broker, so he shopped the rates for the best bank. He locked in our rate at 5.12 on 12/31. I didn't even tell him to, as I said I wanted to wait as I was guessing they could go down. They went down for one day to 4.8, I told hiim about it and he said well that is if you pay a point. Isn't it his job to tell me when the rate goes down. He told me even though it was locked if rates dropped within 15 days of closing he could still shop around and lock in with another bank. Glad he didnt know since this dang thing is taking so long and we still don't know if we are closing Tuesday. I feel pretty good with the rate.

Sounds like you got a really good deal on your house and with it being short sale approved already thats great! So how are the taxes higher?Didn't it have listed on the mls what taxes were? On ours it wasn't listed so I had to make a bunch of phone calls to find out.

Ok so I wanted to see that pending thing too. I kept checking every day. Finally last Wed it said pending....I was jumping up and down. I asked the real estate agent about it and she said yeah I told them to put pending, so I don't get it. Basically when it's pending they take the lock box off and no one else can go in it. Yeah, I don't want anyone going in it, it's my house! I am possessive already of it and it's not ours yet.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:47 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times
Chickrae
I know how you feel when we sold our Fl home I asked the realtor to put a pending sign on it but she said it will be in the MLS that the realtors get. She also said that since the buyers credit was ifffy she also noted in that same MLS Contract pending upon approval of loan. She put the pending sign up a week before the house closed.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:16 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well all a baker I'm not but a cook I am.

Ouch CrazyMa. Mr. L sat on a pair of scissors years ago after one of the kids left it in the chair! What a mess.
Lacey, I know that was painful, but I have this picture in my mind now that I just can't get rid of...

Old 01-24-2009, 09:26 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rothbear View Post
Texas........Sorry to hear about the back problems! I would avoid surgery if at all possible. I had back surgery at Allegheny General to repair a herniated disc back in '98 and it only helped for about 6 months. I am in almost constant pain. I would like to try the inversion therapy, but my insurance doesn't cover down here. So unless I have an emergency situation, I can't get coverage unless I go back to PA.
Hey Roth...If it was just the 2 bulging discs...I would not have surgery. BUT, I have spinal cord compression--which scares the H*LL out of me! I don't want to end up paralyzed from cord compression later down the road. Once the cord is compressed completely, it is damn near impossible to repair. And the longer the cord compression is left go, the worse it gets....gait disturbances, bowel and bladder incontinence --I'm 47 years old and do not want to go through life at this stage being incontinent!! --then eventually it leads to paralysis. I have an excellent neurosurgeon and if he recommends the surgery on Monday morning then I am going to have it.

Was you discs lower back or where? Mine is in my neck (cervical), which makes things worse --it is at C4-6. If it were higher , C2-3....my respiratory status could become compromised! Thank God, it's not that high.

Also did you have an orthopedic surgeon operate at AGH? I originally had an orthopedic surgeon, but since there is spinal cord compression, I elected to go with a neurosurgeon. He comes highly recommended. He is at UPMC. That is where I work.

Old 01-24-2009, 09:30 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
[quote=Chickrae;7157122][quote=dogmom;7156635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post

Chckrae, so whats the story with YOUR broker? We really need a low rate to make this work since the taxes are higher than we had planned..but we would be hard pressed to find this same quality house and layout and neighborhood at that price, and already through the short sale approval..i keep waiting for the listing to be pending on the mls..when does that happen, or not until we close? i wanna see it, i wanna see it..

![/quote)

dogmom - The story is he is a broker, so he shopped the rates for the best bank. He locked in our rate at 5.12 on 12/31. I didn't even tell him to, as I said I wanted to wait as I was guessing they could go down. They went down for one day to 4.8, I told hiim about it and he said well that is if you pay a point. Isn't it his job to tell me when the rate goes down. He told me even though it was locked if rates dropped within 15 days of closing he could still shop around and lock in with another bank. Glad he didnt know since this dang thing is taking so long and we still don't know if we are closing Tuesday. I feel pretty good with the rate.

Sounds like you got a really good deal on your house and with it being short sale approved already thats great! So how are the taxes higher?Didn't it have listed on the mls what taxes were? On ours it wasn't listed so I had to make a bunch of phone calls to find out.

Ok so I wanted to see that pending thing too. I kept checking every day. Finally last Wed it said pending....I was jumping up and down. I asked the real estate agent about it and she said yeah I told them to put pending, so I don't get it. Basically when it's pending they take the lock box off and no one else can go in it. Yeah, I don't want anyone going in it, it's my house! I am possessive already of it and it's not ours yet.
Rae, is that broker in St. George? Can you DM me with his name..just curuious...I sometimes think they are all a bunch of ding dongs there..its a beautiful place, but, well you all know we had to buzz out of there for lots of reasons....some of those folks are sooo bizarre..glad you are almost to the end of your ordeal...

Every loan we have every had the broker has given us the option to lock or wait, not set it and then charge us more when it went lower, does that make sense..usually if you lock and it goes lower , you get one adjustment for free.
But that is CA so who knows in Utah...stay on top of them...bug bug bug..its their job..

We knew the tax rate and the property taxes are not the issue, its the mello roos we had forgotten about..most newer homes in the area we are buying have Mello Roos...ours are gonna be about $200 a month..yipes I know, but they don't last more than a few years and the house is already 4 years old, so hopefully not more than a few..we can make it, it just surprised us..all the homes in that area, same thing, except the comparable homes are listed from anywhere to 10,000 less (smaller lots) to 30,000 more..same taxes on either price and this short sale is approved, the others are not..or agent told us that a home is usually listed as a short sale for about 100 days before the banks even deal with it, so ours was listed in Oct..a little ahead of schedule thanks to the buyer that walked last week.

I jsut checked the MLS it says Short Sale Contingent. it didnt say that yesterday..so that give s me hope, the appraiser was out there today..i hate being here and the property being down there..and i am like you, already decoating in my mind..I miss my things soo much..

ok going to bed..later campers, thanks for being there for me always..

Old 01-25-2009, 12:09 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,270,213 times
Hey, y'all.

I hope you're all well.

DH has been in Iowa for a few days, but is finally going back to Texas in the morning. (After having been in ND and MN, before Iowa, for about the last month.) He's looking forward to getting out of the frigid weather.

My birthday is in a couple weeks and as we've been doing for a few years now, we go ahead and do my presents early because our daughter's birthday is the day after mine. We don't want to have to buy presents for both of us (especially less than 2 months after Christmas). Plus, we like to focus on Kelly when her birthday comes around.

I got some clothes, a pair of shoes, a purse, and several books. I won't bore y'all with the details. You can go to my blog for that. lol

Old 01-25-2009, 12:29 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
[quote=dogmom;7157809][quote=Chickrae;7157122]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post

Every loan we have every had the broker has given us the option to lock or wait, not set it and then charge us more when it went lower, does that make sense..usually if you lock and it goes lower , you get one adjustment for free.
But that is CA so who knows in Utah...stay on top of them...bug bug bug..its their job..

We knew the tax rate and the property taxes are not the issue, its the mello roos we had forgotten about..most newer homes in the area we are buying have Mello Roos...ours are gonna be about $200 a month
dogmom - I guess I worded that wrong about the rate. We were locked in but we didn't want to lock in yet, but he had done it. Then when I saw a lower rate he said alot of the lower rates were refi's and anyone that wanted to 4.8 rate would have to pay points to get it. I couldn't see any reason of paying 1,000 to change our payment 20 dollars a month. If we didn't have to pay a point, well yeah we would. Anyways, my biggest concern is just closing on time as mentioned. I don't want to have to change our tickets and pay a fee for that. I guess we will just play the waiting game until Monday.

So what is mello roos? I have never heard of that.

Old 01-25-2009, 04:34 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Morning all-Barb glad you made it home safe. When you mentioned your breakfast stop the store that came to mind was Cracker Barrel-I love that place!!! Great breakfast and shopping under one roof-what could be better?

Roth-good to hear from you and hope you get some action with the new agents-I'm in the same mindset tho. I always look at the glass as half empty.

Today's Bridezilla's bridal shower-anxious to hear all about it from my daughter and gal-friends. Told one of my grand-daughter's to be sure to mention to her that she's getting the best MIL ever and she said she would!!!! LOL.

Texas-hope you enjoyed you night out and are pain free.

Karma all.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:00 AM

959 posts, read 1,823,743 times
I had to play agent yesterday. Early yesterday morning we noticed someone come and take a brochure and leave. A few hours later (as I was taking a much needed nap) my agent calls and says "I just got a really strange phone call" apparently the brochure takers had sold and closed on their house and are living in corporate housing and want out NOW. They wanted to see my house NOW and their agent is busy. Well, my agent was also busy all day and asks if I would be willing to show them the house, in an hour. I explained to her that I was taking a nap and had not even taken a shower yet but give me 1 1/2 hours and I will show them the house. They were very nice people and seemed to really liked the house. Asked about how quickly I could close so that is always good.

So I am sitting here wondering what is going on with that. I just wish that ONE of these 4 serious buyers that have looked at my house in the last week would just buy it already!!! The ones who were supposed to be putting in the offer this week are still sitting on the fence because they just don't see the hurry. My agent does not want to do the reversal offer with them because we have had so much activity this week. I wonder if the people who looked yesterday buy the house, do I get both realtors commissions because I was the one who sold my own home?????

Kristine

Old 01-25-2009, 05:10 AM

959 posts, read 1,823,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
For any of you who want to play the "guess the sex of Hammy's baby"....the details are on page 200, post #1994. Here's the link. I will try to keep bumping it up...so it doesn't get lost.

CRAZY Camp #3: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1

Hammy--MUM's the word if you find out the sex by ultrasound!! You can't say "when he arrives or when she arrives" to give it away!! You have to be VERY careful. ...You can type "he/she"--that way NO-ONE will know a heads up from the ultrasound!! I bet you are like that at Christmas--peeking at your gifts or trying to figure out what they are!!!
I promise I won't say a word. Can I make a guess???? If so, my gut says this is a boy.

I actually don't like to peek at my Christmas presents and never have. I think it is more that I NEED to know the sex so that I can have everything ready when baby comes. I am a HUGE planner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
House behind us listed the other day for much less and has lots of lookers plus an Open tomorrow. I hope he sells because he undercut everyone in the area and I feel it's either he's lost his job or got transferred. Listings here are from 225,000 to 299,900 and he listed at $199,000. All homes are different custom builds.
Oh that totally sucks. Is this the same person that would not sell his lot to the people who wanted to buy your house a few months back?

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate