Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 07:45 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Range View View Post
I knew I shouldn't be posting naked!
You are hilarious!

Old 11-21-2008, 08:08 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,193 times
Happy Friday Everyone!

I can't believe we now have a CAMP to have fun at! This is going to be the thread that gets lots of signs in your front yards! The buyers out there are going to be serious NOW! They want in before the first of the year. It will be great for the buyers to go into your homes and see that it is decorated warm and inviting and would be perfect for their families!

Our area in SC sure has picked up with LOTS of homes now under contract just in the last week or so. I checked it out this morning.

Any word on showings this weekend?

Welcome to all the new buyers, sellers and agents that are posting! Hopefully, you will soon feel this is your home away from home. Our group is growing strong.

Camp is going to be a blast!

Old 11-21-2008, 08:20 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,193 times
We are in full swing with our new home! Lots of phone calls went out yesterday. Inspections will be on Tuesday! I feel so many emotions. The rollercoaster ride is finally over and I am thankful. You all really helped me get through it! Thank you all from the bottom of my heart.

DH and I got MORE WONDERFUL news yesterday. First, we received MORE equity than we anticipated. When we got the news, we about fell over.

Next, Crazyma-You were so right ( as usual). We called about our mortgage and rates, etc. Last month, we were preapproved from three different places , but weren't under contract because of the nightmare in SC. Well, yesterday we called around and banks were competing for our business!
( What a great feeling!) DH told them we were going for the one that gave us the best interest rates. All fees and closing costs weren't an issue because of the relocation company picking them up.

We ended up getting the best deal from DH's relocation company's mortgage company! We got 5.44 fixed rate. No Points. Crazyma, you told us that it would probably be great through his company and it was. The banker asked us if we wanted to lock and we sure didn't hesitate! We didn't have to do much paper work at all because they already have ALL of our information because the sale of the house. All we have to do is supply the final HUD form from the sale in SC and one month bank statement. THAT IS IT! Since its my dh's relocation company they already verified income, documents, etc. This is going to be easy-HOPEFULLY!

Girls, rates are good! The buyers will start moving, I am convinced. They are people that are ready to do it.

We are scheduled for closing on December 5! Its only two weeks away. The sellers have until December 12 to get out. It will be wonderful not being in an apartment anymore. I miss being in a house with our stuff!

Old 11-21-2008, 08:40 AM

525 posts, read 1,298,132 times
I love reading everyone's great news, but I feel that we will not be seeing the same thing. After multiple showings every single week from April through September, we have not had a single one in almost 2 months. And we're at our lowest price by far. I don't know what happened! I am almost resigned to the fact that we're going to eventually lose this house to foreclosure. How's that for doom and gloom...LOL

Old 11-21-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post
I love reading everyone's great news, but I feel that we will not be seeing the same thing. After multiple showings every single week from April through September, we have not had a single one in almost 2 months. And we're at our lowest price by far. I don't know what happened! I am almost resigned to the fact that we're going to eventually lose this house to foreclosure. How's that for doom and gloom...LOL
It's a slow period right now...don't give up hope yet. Where are you moving once you sell?

Old 11-21-2008, 09:19 AM

Well, apparently....C-D.com is NOW a dating site!! Did y'all know this? I had some guy DM this am asking "what up? I'm interested". I replied back "Interested in what?? I'm not here for dating!" I don't know...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he probably wasn't interested in my house!! I did explain to him that it was a relocation forum mainly. He said "I'm looking for the right one"--told him to try match.com, e-harmony or yahoo personals!!

Old 11-21-2008, 09:21 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
So what do you do in this camp? I am a buyer, do I qualify.

Yes, you qualify!

Old 11-21-2008, 09:41 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
I'm watching all of YOU !!!!!
HDL, you are toooo funny!

Old 11-21-2008, 09:46 AM

525 posts, read 1,298,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
It's a slow period right now...don't give up hope yet. Where are you moving once you sell?
We'll stay in NC, but right now it looks like the Raleigh area or Wilmington, the coast. I've actually lived in both. My job is located in Raleigh (I work from home), and my family is in Wilmington. We aren't really making any final decisions, because we just aren't sure what's going to happen with the house selling, the economy, etc. We initially thought we'd be here in Asheville for at least 5 years, but my husband's company unexpectedly closing definitely changed that idea!

Old 11-21-2008, 09:49 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times
We are on number three and I feel this wll be the best one. Thanks Crazy ma

CRAZY Camp #3: for Sellers, Buyers, Agents & Friendly Folks-read post 1-numbers.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate