Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 10:18 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,519,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all - Well since there is no news on the RE side I will let you all know I actually broke down and decorated my mantle for Christmas. I did it in cowboy stuff, lol, my wreath has little boots, cowboy hats & lassos! And I hung it over the stone fireplace which is a chore. But I dug out the plaid down throws, leather trimmed pillows, and some other lodge type stuff. To bad this is Fl. it is quite fitting for my someday mnt. home. Since I always say cowgirl up when things get tough, just thought the theme was fitting for me.
That is so neat and it sounds just like you. Can you send a pic of it?

Old 12-18-2008, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Rats! I hate it when I post a reply and it just disappears....whoosh! gone...

Painter, I'm glad you decorated your home..the one thing I regret from our sale, amongst others, is undecorating for so long..life is too short to not have your 'things' around..I don't know about anyone else, but my stuff gives me great comfort. I have had a loooong life, after all Anyway, the last 2 homes we had I had a bedroom decorated 'lodge' style. Moose, stuff like that, I even have bathroom decor so I can't wait to do my next spare bedroom again...lodge style is so warm and inviting..come on in, take a nap, have some tea...

Well here are a few pics from our snow and I'll sneak a couple from our trip...
Front of our 'cottage'

Our lonely truck in our rv little lot

Here's a warm picture, me and the DogPaw on Miami Beach

DogPaw enjoying a cool drink in Miami

Did I say I got a new ring? Well, my diamond in a new setting..got it in St. Maarten..I have been looking for a new setting for a couple years...love it..
Love the ring Barb. What a lucky one you are a new ring and a trip. What is your secret? Maybe I shouldn't ask that.lol

Love the pics going from snow to hot weather.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Boo- Great news! Its always a relief when the news is wonderful.

Painter- I am glad you are trying to get into the spirit! The lodge decor must REALLY be in right now. When we went to the furniture stores last week, we saw LOTS of that type of decor. I was surprised. The rustic feel is in. Some of the prints on the furniture were WAY over the top, but somebody must be buying it. I saw the moose print, dog print, horse print, fish print, hunting print, camo, etc.

My cousin lives on a horse farm and her Christmas tree is decorated with horse stuff and lots of red bandanas. It looks really cute. Its funny because the style of her house is Victorian. They had it built and she only has one room truly Victorian. My aunt teased her ( her mom) and said she couldn't believe she would build that kind of house and have JUST farm/ Horse stuff in it.

Dogmom- Thanks for sharing your pictures. We can vacation vicariously through you! You and your dh look like a cute, happy couple! The ring is really pretty. I am glad you are able to get away and enjoy it all.

Last night we ended up going shopping for the appliances. Woohoo great anniversary gift. LOL. My dh keeps joking about what he bought me. I told him well, I actually bought the stove for his birthday! He will be 40 on Monday.

We got them from Lowes and got Frigidaire. One of the ONLY reasons we got that brand was because ALMOST everyone else ONLY carried stainless! They had lots of Whirpool, but I hated that brand for a refrigerator. We had that in SC and had ALL kinds of trouble.

I could not believe that everything is in SS now. I almost had to go with SS. I really did not want that again. We went to a couple of other places, but Lowes had the best prices. We can't get them until Tuesday. My kids are freaking out because, they were saying its hard to live without a refrigerator. -SPOILED I tell you! We can pretend like in the olden days. I said there will be snow on the ground and the garage will be cold! LOL.
Raising Lowes also has real small fridges that you can get for now and tell the kids its their Xmas gift.lol When we lived in FL I had one out side to keep cold drinks in and when we had a party I could keep some salads and cold cuts in it. You can always put it elsewere Tues.
You did get the black right? I love my Black it makes a statement in the Kitchen instead of blending that stainless does.
Good grief the sun is out gotta go outside. I haven't seen sun for several days.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:08 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
That is so neat and it sounds just like you. Can you send a pic of it?
Yes Yes! Please post a picture!

Old 12-18-2008, 11:41 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
If I can get my camera to download, for some reason it wont work. My memory card is full so until the thing works, well...my dd is gonna try to get it fixed tonite and then I will post it for you all to see. If it I can that is.
Okay here is another stupid thing, it is just where my mind is today. I bought those over the counter diet pills, lol, like it is gonna work right. well I just took one and here I sit eating cookies for lunch, so brillient huh? Didn't even think about it till now. So yes I went to the grocers and bought diet pills and cookies, not to mention baking goods to start the holiday baking in the a.m. Geeze, someone needs to just go ahead and slap me NOW>

Old 12-18-2008, 12:18 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Did the pill negatate the calories in the cookie? Wouldn't that be ideal!!!????

I got apple cider vinegar pills-speed the metablism and eliminate fat. Just take 2 a day. No side effects.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:34 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
hey all!
Glad to hear raising found her some appliances

painter you are too funny- diet pills and cookies-GOOD One girl!! LOL

TexasG- you are ready to boot scoot boogie with that hat! You're a sweetie

Barb fun pics- I never went to South Beach or any where in Miami the year we were there. I was scared to death to go more than 5 miles from the house. After the snow and cold cold cold here, I realize I do miss one thing about Miami- NO COLD!
Must be nice to have someone you can stand LOL that likes to travel & do stuff too, plus some nice bling girlfriend

I feel poopy. I used to love the holidays, but my other half isn't very festive minded, any time... and I guess over the years it rubbed off on me...why I ever got myself in this fix........damned opposites attracting crap and all. URGH..sorry.

At least I am making treats. Nothing like stuffing your face to make ya feel better LOL. I think my OCD helps to burn off the extra calories!!! It is good for something HAHA.
Off to the kitchen troops.

Last edited by crazyma; 12-18-2008 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: add something

Old 12-18-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Dogmom...what an adorable couple you two are!! And your ring is beautiful! It's really nice to put a face with a name. I will post my pic for all of you to see as well!

Fantastic picture of you.You are stunning.. Gotta ask how do you and Barb put the pictures in your post. I know how to do the photo buckets (as you know) and the albums but not the post picture. Had either a senior moment or it is because I am blonde but i have put pics in the posts they just come out small. Crazyma stop laughing at me I can hear you.

Last edited by lorriem; 12-18-2008 at 02:44 PM..

Old 12-18-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
That show bugs me too!HGTV needs to be forbidden to ALL homebuyers and sellers! People take those shows to heart. If it was just that easy. Plus, on some of those...do you see how many people come to the Open Houses? Ya, right!

I admit though, I like House Hunters. LOL. I wish they would have followed us while we were house hunting. The only thing is...you never see them negotiating over a few days like in the real world.

Another one, I like is Property Virgins. The people need to get a clue on there! I don't really like the show host, but she gives them a dose of realty sometimes.

Now, I do have to say, OUR buyers and Realtor loved because we had the SS. She kept saying that is what "everyone" wants. ( Well, I thought at one time thats what we wanted.) I guess it looked good, but I just didn't like it after awhile. I think the people that want SS are the ones who DO NOT OWN it now!

I really do think its just a fad.

Seriously, if when we were shopping thats ALL we saw really. There were only about 2 white stoves, refrigerators, and a couple black ones. The REST were all SS. They didn't even come in any other color.

I wonder if in a few years thats all they will have? Black and white will be RETRO and vintage.

Raising I like house hunters also but lately can live without it since I saw a couple looking for a home when they hadn't sold theirs. I would love to know how and how long it took them to sell theirs and that show was made in 2008. My favorite is property virgins and I do like that realtor. I think that is why I watch the show when I catch it on to see a realtor who I would have loved to have had.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
If I can get my camera to download, for some reason it wont work. My memory card is full so until the thing works, well...my dd is gonna try to get it fixed tonite and then I will post it for you all to see. If it I can that is.
Okay here is another stupid thing, it is just where my mind is today. I bought those over the counter diet pills, lol, like it is gonna work right. well I just took one and here I sit eating cookies for lunch, so brillient huh? Didn't even think about it till now. So yes I went to the grocers and bought diet pills and cookies, not to mention baking goods to start the holiday baking in the a.m. Geeze, someone needs to just go ahead and slap me NOW>
I would slap you but I am laughing to hard as I write this. Put those pills away and enjoy the holiday will ya.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate