Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2008, 07:59 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times

Advertisements

Oh my Lacey! Is she a black widow? I would keep an eye on your bil for sure! You know the movie that was made about the b. widow, my neighbor that I mention all the time, his best friend was her first victim! There was 3 buddies home on leave and they were suppose to go to dinner at the ones house. My neighbor didn't make it but the hubby died and the other guy ended up in the hospital, he didn't like the ladies cooking so it saved his life! They actually wrote it off to food poisoning, it was but it was intentional poisoning.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:17 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Painter we get many chuckles out of it-sofar so good-he's still alive.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:42 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Off topic here, but then any topic goes at CrazyMa's boot camp, right?

I need to start some Christmas baking, our 30 year old son is flying up on Wedneday for 5 days and I need to bake some goodies.

Aside from my favorite chocolate chip cookies, any ideas and recipes or some simple things? I am not much of a cook or baker anymore...a lot of my recipes are IN STORAGE, lol...I have my mom's Russian Teacake recipe, and I can do the little brown cookies with the hershey kiss on top, I just can't remember anything else...since it's going to storm and snow this weekend, will be a good time to do some of those things.

I bought a tin of peppermint bark from Williams Sonoma..How do you make it, next year I will make it and save the tins from this year and gift those out, lol.

What I am saying here is any easy good cookie recipes appreciated! thanks

ps if you want to email me let me send me a message...Barb
I loveeeee Williams and Sonoma peppermint bark. It is the bomb !!

Dogmom-there are Pillsbury dough sheets out specifically to make cut out cookies lol...I am cheating and doing that this year. I am not getting everything all over the place. Half of myextended relatives don't even give a crap that I make over 200 cookies for them a piece.. I am doing everthing simple this year...

TEXASGIRL- I am coming over for some lol....Sounds yummy.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I hope to beable to talk with my friend next week some about the legalities. She is "iced" in with him now and couldn't talk freely. It just amazed me that she has lived with guy, talked with his family ect and never heard a word about the other wives. You would of thought someone would of made a comment about it along the way.

Would you believe I am going to be cutting the grass in my back yard today! Thought I was done with that chore for awhile, lol. I do think riding a mower is easy compared to what some of you are going to be doing with shovels.

OMG. PAINTER. That stinks. What a cad the man is. Wow. Your poor friend. The holidays certainly are not easy for everyone.

Hi to all the campers........................a a Merry Xmas if I don't talk to you!! (so to speak)!

We are going over my Aunt's house for Xmas. THankfully there will be a ton of people there so I dont have to talk to her too much lol..She is the "one up on you" kind of person...It annoys me to death. She likes to ridicule you in front of others since it makes her feel better! . You cannot pick your family unfortunately!

Old 12-20-2008, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Painter-we won't see grass til April at least. More snow piling up today and will be 35 below tomorrow.

Mr. L's older brother got married a few years back after 1st wife died. The woman he married had been married 8x!!!! Now believe me-this woman is very far from attractive or appealing and most of the 8 died!!
OMG LACEY LOL wOW... 8 times??? damn. I am speechless lol...

Wow, you have a ton of snow. I miss the snow!! Send some here.... I hate green Xmases!!

Old 12-20-2008, 10:13 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
NJSocks I didn't know we were related as that sounds like Mr. L's sister. Loves putting people down and correcting-as it makes her feel good and superior. I could be the same to her as their card came the other day and the only way I knew it was the return address and the card was blank! But being I don't have to put people down to make myself feel good I won't mention it. If it was the other way it would go on forever.

BTW that's the reason I didn't ask them for Thanksgiiving and Christmas this year. I did for the past 3 yrs and have had enough.

Honey you don't want this snow-by tomorrow it will be 35 below here.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:46 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
I loveeeee Williams and Sonoma peppermint bark. It is the bomb !!

Dogmom-there are Pillsbury dough sheets out specifically to make cut out cookies lol...I am cheating and doing that this year. I am not getting everything all over the place. Half of myextended relatives don't even give a crap that I make over 200 cookies for them a piece.. I am doing everthing simple this year...

TEXASGIRL- I am coming over for some lol....Sounds yummy.
OMG! I never knew about the dough sheets! How easy! C'mon over--I have a ton of candy! Mine isn't like W&S, though. Their's has a choc. layer, then white choc. layer, then crushed peppermint on top. Mine is white choc with peppermint crunch mixed in with the melted choc. Very easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Off topic here, but then any topic goes at CrazyMa's boot camp, right?

I need to start some Christmas baking, our 30 year old son is flying up on Wedneday for 5 days and I need to bake some goodies.

Aside from my favorite chocolate chip cookies, any ideas and recipes or some simple things? I am not much of a cook or baker anymore...a lot of my recipes are IN STORAGE, lol...I have my mom's Russian Teacake recipe, and I can do the little brown cookies with the hershey kiss on top, I just can't remember anything else...since it's going to storm and snow this weekend, will be a good time to do some of those things.

I bought a tin of peppermint bark from Williams Sonoma..How do you make it, next year I will make it and save the tins from this year and gift those out, lol.

What I am saying here is any easy good cookie recipes appreciated! thanks

ps if you want to email me let me send me a message...Barb
Hey Barb,
My peppermint bark isn't like W&S (See above) BUT it is still very good. Here's the recipe (so simple!)

Place 3 cups white chocolate (the little discs) in a double boiler.
Once it is melted, pour in 2/3 cup of peppermint crunch. Stir till all candy is mixed in w/choc.
Pour onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I have a large cookie sheet I use. (12 x15). I can't usually fill the entire cookie sheet up, but almost. You want to spread it out (not too thin or thick). Throw it in the freezer for about 15 minutes and then take out...Break apart...ENJOY.

The cinnamon crunch is the same recipe but you use red hot candies or
cinnamon crunch! I like this better than the peppermint crunch!

(You can crush peppermint candies/red hot candies or you can buy both peppermint crunch/cinnamon crunch at a candy/bake shop that sells it, same way with the choc.)

The way to make it similar to W & S would be to do a choc. layer ...freeze....then add the white choc layer on top....refreeze. I might try that next year. You would have to REALLY make both layers THIN so it is easy to break apart.

I'll try to come up w/some easy cookie recipes. I usually make time consuming ones...pecan tassies, cut outs. Let me think on that one.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:47 AM

What about peanut butter cookies? Then dip 1/2 of each cookie in melted choc, then dip in red/green sprinkles for a holiday touch. I've made those before.

Can y'all tell I LOVE ME SOME CHOCOLATE!!

Old 12-20-2008, 11:14 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Lacey, Send the card to them this yr, and put on it " Remember this one". RECYCLE, hehe.

You know candy is something I have never attempted to make, but the bark sounds pretty easy. Can I melt in micro instead of dbl boiler?

Old 12-20-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Lacey, Send the card to them this yr, and put on it " Remember this one". RECYCLE, hehe.

You know candy is something I have never attempted to make, but the bark sounds pretty easy. Can I melt in micro instead of dbl boiler?
Painter, you have to be extremely careful when using a microwave to melt chocolate. It can burn quickly. A double boiler is soooo much easier. Just use a big pot with a big bowl that sits partially in it, if you don't have a double boiler. Don't boil it so rapidly that water can boil up into the chocolate or it will ruin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate