Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2008, 12:44 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times

Advertisements

My first flight was many years ago while in HS on an old prop plane. My face was in the bag the entire trip and spent 2 days in bed when I got there.

Five years ago we did the Amtrak thing from Phila. to MN-sleeping car. It was brutal and convinced me to fly.

Old 12-21-2008, 01:04 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Lacey, I always thought it would be fun to do the rail thing across the states, but now I don't know if I could handle the "rocking". How about the "bullet" over in Europe? To fast or maybe not fast enough.

I have so many many things I need to be doing and I just can not get going on it. Is it me or are you gals draggin' too? I look at stuff and then procrastinate on doing anything to the point that I don't do anything at all. This isn't like me at all, I am one of those strange people that says no better time than the present and I hit the floor running. Well now its a slow crawl, ick I hate it.

By the way my realtor has a new sign coming out, the old one is faded, lol. Think I should take it to the church and have the dang thing Blessed by the Priest first?

Old 12-21-2008, 02:01 PM

311 posts, read 915,924 times
Default Checking in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

This is a safe place for all of us to come and do the above without judgement. We don't fight on this thread--it's pure friendship and support here.

We don't always discuss real estate! Anything goes here...vacations, baking, kids, in-laws . Crazyma, the leader of camp, came up with this idea after reading a sad saga of one of our members re: the selling of her house.
You said it in a nutshell there Texas! Hey, due to holidays I have been out of touch with the group for a week or so, how is Boo doing with her place? Did the contract go through? Hope anyone in the midwest to NE is staying inside, warm and cozy today. BRRRRRRR My thermometer outside in the sunshine says -10 and it feels like it! I have had to fill my bird feeders twice today and also put warm water in my heated bird baths to keep them from icing over. I sure am grateful for my pellet stove in the basement, which is keeping my well/plumbing and ME warm, plus giving the gas furnace a help. I am gonna hate to see my gas bill this month

This is my favorite forum the whole city-data site, everyone is super nice and our fearless leader sets just the right tone. I am grateful for all of you this day and all the days. If you have a mind to, say a prayer, keep a good thought in your mind that our country and the good folks who live here have a better year ahead and have a joyous Christmas surrounded by your loved ones

Old 12-21-2008, 02:02 PM

Ahh heck Crazy, I just sent a new post to the old thread! This new camp does seem a bit warmer..we need that here in northern IN today ....brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Old 12-21-2008, 02:06 PM

Hi Jody, Thought you took off on us, lol! Have friends in Hebron, family in Valpo, Lowell and Richmond. Richmond has been without power for a few days now. Lived up there for my first 22 yrs of life, at a young goofy age I loved it! My sis bought a couple of acres to build on in Hebron, but their house has had no lookers in 6 mon. (Idaho) so it is just sitting there waiting for them.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:18 PM

Default waving at Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hi Jody, Thought you took off on us, lol! Have friends in Hebron, family in Valpo, Lowell and Richmond. Richmond has been without power for a few days now. Lived up there for my first 22 yrs of life, at a young goofy age I loved it! My sis bought a couple of acres to build on in Hebron, but their house has had no lookers in 6 mon. (Idaho) so it is just sitting there waiting for them.
Painter, thats too bad about your sisters place in Idaho. I know our showings have been pretty quiet since about October. We are still selling things, but they have to be pretty rock bottom on price. The foreclosures and short sales are getting allot of interest though, so hopefully things will be slowwwlllyyyyyy getting better soon! We got the least of the 2 storms that passed through here. Some ice, some snow. The roads except the toll road and US 19 and 20 are in terrible shape. The warmer temps kinda melted the ice, but not all of it, so now its like driving on a road full of shallow potholes EVERYWHERE I know they got hit allot harder south of us with the ice and subsequent power outages. I am so glad I didnt have any Open Houses to do today. I had a showing appointment yesterday and we all about froze getting in and out of the houses.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:21 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
Afternoon Jody ~~
Glad to see ya around and staying warm....brrrr.
So tell me, how does this pellet stove work out? DD mentioned something once about getting one out there in WA. to help with the heating.....Does it tie in with an existing chimney?? They have fireplaces, up and down. I am not familiar with them.
Poor birdies. I haven't put anything out, so many of the neighbors are taking care of them

PAinter, I am a dragging too. I usually have something I am working on. But find myself staring at this canvas...plus I am still in the pajamas and robe. Why bother getting dressed!!! I know what I want to paint but like everything else I do , it is frustrating because I try to be so perfect and can't. I have a difficult time accepting myself, I feel like I can do a lot of stuff, but am not the best I would like to be...I think after having been so put down by my peers growing up, it is tough to realize I can be okay the way I am and not to worry what others think ...I am secretly very insecure...........does that make any weird sense?

well off to stare at the canvas again and take inventory of paints HAHA

Old 12-21-2008, 02:24 PM

They have been trying to convince me to come back to IND, just don't think I can handle the weather anymore. Been away for almost 30 yrs., my short trips are enough for me. I know my neice in Lowell has been trying to sell for the past yr too. She built 3 yrs ago and now is remarried with 2 houses. She is in afairly new subdivision and I heard half of it is short sales already. They are nice homes but they are going down hill fast, turning into a rental area and no longer are being kept up. Bad situation there.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:27 PM

Crazyma, You have proven your talents here oh so many times! What is your median, oil/waters? And do you sell or just gift or like I use to, hide them in a closet?

Old 12-21-2008, 03:39 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
ROTFL you ARE tOO kind...I do acrylics...and have dabbled with watercolors and once with oils(never again) I have sold stuff, but most is for 'gifts' or people asking for something. All my really good stuff has been given away....
for giggles, here are 2 things I've done.
The first is the oil, never again...I 'started' it in college in 76 & work on it every few yrs, with acrylic,ha. It is Sanibel Island and big, about 4' x 5'.
the other is a copy of Van Gogh's Starry Night, 30" x 40"... I couldn't afford the originalClick image for larger version

Name:	paintings 001.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	32912Click image for larger version

Name:	paintings 002.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	317.9 KB
ID:	32913

darn I need to quit PROCRASTINATING
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate