Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2008, 09:58 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times

Advertisements

Hehehehe hahahahaha

Boocake...heck let'em come see, with a well we are packing, but you are certainly able to look

PAINTER-tell that guy if he LOVES you, then he will come buy your house!!!!

Barb- check your switch and make sure it isn't stuck...OR also check under the dash, a duct/hose thangy could of fallen off....mine did on my old expldoer & was able to ram it back into place

Texas, are ya done laughing mens, I swear you can't help but love them <eye roll> At 9 to nite, mine asked me, did you want to go somewhere??? uhh no...( but I wish you would go somewhere)

lorrie- I just looked at all the places we have owned On Zillow. There is no sense to any of it. I don't put much stock in their values. they don't even have the tax appraisal right on this house!

Old 12-28-2008, 10:16 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Hehehehe hahahahaha

Boocake...heck let'em come see, with a well we are packing, but you are certainly able to look

PAINTER-tell that guy if he LOVES you, then he will come buy your house!!!!

Barb- check your switch and make sure it isn't stuck...OR also check under the dash, a duct/hose thangy could of fallen off....mine did on my old expldoer & was able to ram it back into place

Texas, are ya done laughing mens, I swear you can't help but love them <eye roll> At 9 to nite, mine asked me, did you want to go somewhere??? uhh no...( but I wish you would go somewhere)

lorrie- I just looked at all the places we have owned On Zillow. There is no sense to any of it. I don't put much stock in their values. they don't even have the tax appraisal right on this house!

I know but you have to look at the side of the page and it does show what sold recently and for how much. Gotta go home tomorrow just got back into the hotel room. Going to miss the kids and CA. The plus side is I get to see my furbabies. I wonder how much was undone on CoCo's housebreaking. Don't care to start from scratch.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:42 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
Oh it doesn't show any comps for here...
Have a SAFE trip HOME lorrie!!! Your furbabies will be happy to see you!

Anyone else out there traveling home soon?? BE CAREFUL!

Y'all have a good night, I think I will get ready to turn in.. got some errands to do tomorrow...
hey Barb forgot to ask , did you find any of the hand lotion bar ??

Old 12-28-2008, 10:42 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Lorrie, you can't feel guilty over that...how were you to know the market would tank? I don't think the guy that sold us our house in Utah feels bad that we had to sell it for 100,000 less than we paid him for it...it's just the way the housing market goes...I am sure she gives no thought to you for selling to her..like you said, you had 4 offers...It's ok.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:

Y'all have a good night, I think I will get ready to turn in.. got some errands to do tomorrow...
Hi Sara...no lotion, darn it...we did not make it to the quilt shop, too many shoppers, i thought I was going to have an anxiety attack so son and dh watched the fish guys toss fish and I went into the Tea and Spice market to get some stuff for spiced cider and we were outta there..did not have time to play in Bremerton, that is a field trip one of these days..You know where I really want to go is Poulsbo...just up the road from Bremerton..it's an old Norweigian town, might be fun to look around and shop and maybe get lunch or something..

I am going to bed...later campers!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Lorrie, you can't feel guilty over that...how were you to know the market would tank? I don't think the guy that sold us our house in Utah feels bad that we had to sell it for 100,000 less than we paid him for it...it's just the way the housing market goes...I am sure she gives no thought to you for selling to her..like you said, you had 4 offers...It's ok.
I know you are most likey in dreamland Barb ao pleasant dreams but this lady was the sweetest.Her hubby had built their dream home in the Napa valley and knew that her bare feet was always cold so he heated all the non carpet tile floors for her. She touched my heart and when she was looking at the house her whole family came and they including her graandchildren was the nicest. Anyway I feel quilty even if I think I hurt someone's feelings. Thats just me. But in the real world I guess you are right no one cares about the homes we bought and lost money on even the couple who sold us the money pit in FL.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:

Sara here is a link from Zillow from our home in fl on the lower right hand side is the comps of recent sales.

5319 Casa Nueva Dr, New Port Richey, FL 34655 - Zillow Real Estate

Old 12-29-2008, 01:35 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,973 times
Unhappy I have a very similar situation....

The home that I sold in CA, the people that bought from me, lost to foreclosure. They bought at peak and the wife worked at a Title Company . The house ended up being bought again a year ago for ~ $100K less than my buyers and now those people have lost ~ $80K in equity and I wonder if they too will walk away from the house due to dropping prices????!

On top of that, another home I sold prior to the one mentioned above, was also lost to foreclosure just over a year and a half ago and my former neighbor next door to that home is also losing her home to foreclosure after living there for ~ 20 yrs . It is very sad for me to see this and also realize that many friends and family have lost so much $$$$ equity !

This is a very challenging time for many families and I pray that home sales get going again early 2009 so that people are able to move and get on with their lives !! Thank you God!!!

Happy NEW YEAR to all the Crazy Campers and 'lurkers' !!

Blessings,

~HDL~

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I was just reading Zillow and the last home in Ca that we sold to a very nice lady who I must add paid cash for $450,000 is now only worth $268,000. I feel so sorry for her since she had just lost her husband and when she bought our home wrote us a beautiful letter thanking us for taking her offer. We had 4 offers on that place. She also called us in FL thanking us again. I feel so guilty.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:51 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,371,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
I was just reading Zillow and the last home in Ca that we sold to a very nice lady who I must add paid cash for $450,000 is now only worth $268,000. I feel so sorry for her since she had just lost her husband and when she bought our home wrote us a beautiful letter thanking us for taking her offer. We had 4 offers on that place. She also called us in FL thanking us again. I feel so guilty.
You shouldn't feel guilty... the home is worth less because of the economy. In a better market it would be worth much more.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:26 AM

Lorrie, Texas girl said it well, it's the economy and some day that home will be worth as much or more than you sold it for...I know, I feel bad that in looking soon, most likely it will be a home that someone lost to foreclosure. I am a very sensitive person, and yeah, it's going to bother me a little, but it's the economy, and at this point DH and I have to look out for ourselves since our major earning days are over.

You are so sweet, it's only natural to feel sad...hopefully she is still enjoying your old home..I guess if someone bought to flip it would be disastrous, but if she bought it to live in, which is what it sounds like, she is probably fine!

Have a safe flight back home, your furbabies are waiting!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate