Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2009, 06:06 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post

Thanks Lorrie!!! I don't know how on earth you choose just one when you go to look at new puppies. I would have a HARD time choosing between these 3 adorable furbabies!
You will know trust me. Sometimes if you are really lucky the pup picks you.

Last edited by lorriem; 01-30-2009 at 06:59 PM..

Old 01-30-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Well that grossed me out...at least he flushed I hope? oh I am gagging here...
We give to the ASPCA. For our donations they sent us a throw with dogs and cats on it in primary colors.

Sara JD looks just like our friends dogs. We use to go to the Bide A Wee home on LI and pick out our dogs. My first dog when i was 10 came from there and when I got married our first dog came from there.One other we adopted from them also . They do not (or did not) ever put a dog or cat down.

Old 01-30-2009, 06:35 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
Kristine, I would pick yours..let's think positive..I would NOT want to back up to a high school. I worked at a high school...uh...no.

Well our mortgage guy called, so we wet through the paperwork one moe time, put it in order and faxed it. Interest rates have gone from 4.875 to5.125. It's a difference of about 30 a month..crap. Well now its the weekend and the lenders are all closed I am sure so we won't know anything til early next week. I hate this..

Old 01-30-2009, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Kristine, I would pick yours..let's think positive..I would NOT want to back up to a high school. I worked at a high school...uh...no.

Well our mortgage guy called, so we wet through the paperwork one moe time, put it in order and faxed it. Interest rates have gone from 4.875 to5.125. It's a difference of about 30 a month..crap. Well now its the weekend and the lenders are all closed I am sure so we won't know anything til early next week. I hate this..
Hey Barb what is worse selling or buying. I think they both are stressful. I hated the selling part but the buying part was worry more worry and more worry. We didn't have a hard time buying but it made it harder because we still hadn't sold our place in FL and we got our mortgage from the same place we have used for our last 4 homes. We wanted a bridge loan but because of the FL home they said no.So we had to do the 20% down. Plus we needed a lawyer. We have never used a lawyer only a title co.The lawyer didn't do anything but his paralegal did all the work at a snails pace. We finally called our realtor who told us about how great this lawyer was. She finally got him to take over since we wanted to close at the end of the month.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:06 PM

You know Lorrie, I think they equally as bad, or hard, or stressful or whatever..especially now with the economy, even previously strong buyers like us are looking like deadbeats, or so you would think. I could see if we were going in with low or no down, but criminy, we are putting 80,000 down. I dont know how many people are going to take a chance with losing 80,000...the banks and lenders are just scared silly, I guess..and we are paying for it..now hubby is wondering if he faxed the 20 pages he sent earlier on the right side, my printer has a fax and it feeds the pages..and of course he tried to call mortgage guy..no answer. Whatever, no one will look at it until Monday anyway. Even hubby is starting to lose it.

I am so bored. What can I say..I really don't have anything to do here. no hobbies. not much to clean and who wants to do that anyway. too rainy to take walks. too far to go to the mall or big stores. not even a good grocery store around. I think it's starting to cave in on me girls..

well, i should go online and spend money, lol. Maybe I should go back to the Home Shopping website and check out those body shaper things for my mom of the groom dress.

well, will play around online here for a while..talk to you all later...

Old 01-30-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
You know Lorrie, I think they equally as bad, or hard, or stressful or whatever..especially now with the economy, even previously strong buyers like us are looking like deadbeats, or so you would think. I could see if we were going in with low or no down, but criminy, we are putting 80,000 down. I dont know how many people are going to take a chance with losing 80,000...the banks and lenders are just scared silly, I guess..and we are paying for it..now hubby is wondering if he faxed the 20 pages he sent earlier on the right side, my printer has a fax and it feeds the pages..and of course he tried to call mortgage guy..no answer. Whatever, no one will look at it until Monday anyway. Even hubby is starting to lose it.

I am so bored. What can I say..I really don't have anything to do here. no hobbies. not much to clean and who wants to do that anyway. too rainy to take walks. too far to go to the mall or big stores. not even a good grocery store around. I think it's starting to cave in on me girls..

well, i should go online and spend money, lol. Maybe I should go back to the Home Shopping website and check out those body shaper things for my mom of the groom dress.

well, will play around online here for a while..talk to you all later...

I know you will get the house but why not just re fax the paperwork just incase. No need to wait till monday. You are putting down a chunk of change so I really wouldn't worry. Yea i can say that now.lol The bank has everything to gain with your offer and nothing to lose.
I thought I was the only one that was depressed when it rains or is overcast for several days. I love the sun.
happy surffing the net.
Lorrie

Old 01-30-2009, 09:18 PM

Lorrie, I live in the Rainforest...we had 6 inches of rain one day in December, that was unbelievable..and in California they need rain so bad, i wish i could channel it down there....either you get too much, or too little...never just right I guess.

I do need the sun, i think that is whats making me so depressed.

I will have hubby re fax the stuff..whats it gonna hurt, nothing..will just use up more paper on their end..not my problem..

boy I am bad tonight, I am so...so....unenthusiastic, I guess..

I am going to drag you all down with me so I will sign outta here for now..of course you all know I will peek i a little later, lol

Old 01-30-2009, 11:14 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy P. View Post
EWWWW get out the toilet bowl cleaner and a brush lol!!! I actually have toilet seat liners in a package I carry in my purse lol!!!
You rock Judy lol!

Quote:
Well that grossed me out...at least he flushed I hope? oh I am gagging here...
ROFL Dogmom!! He flushed...Thank God. Gross thinking about it though. YUK!!
Quote:
Nj, At least you know he wasn't just sittin' there for the 30 mins
OMG PAINTER!! I just laughed so loud I hope I dont wake my twins up lol...(cant sleep again here lol)drinking warm milk !

Old 01-30-2009, 11:16 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,346,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammy5 View Post
Well here is the bit of hope I am hanging onto. They house they are looking at is 400 sq feet smaller than mine. Upon closer inspection, I think this 3 bedroom rambler is actually a 2 bedroom rambler. Here is why I think that. They list 2 bedrooms on the main floor. On the bathroom side, there is a full bath in the master bedroom and the only other bathroom on the main floor is a 1/2 bath. If there really were another bedroom up there, would'nt there need to be at least a 3/4 bath for that room to shower in? I think they are saying their office is actually a bedroom when it is not. On the lower floor there is a bedroom with a 3/4 bath. So really, it sounds to me like they have a 2 bedroom home. What do you guys think?

So for $20,000 more, they can have mine which is a 4 bedoom and also has an office. PLUS we have an excercise room/playroom. Besides that, the house backs up to a highschool where mine backs up to a pond.

Have to say my prayers tonight!

Kristine
Kristine-
I am sorry I didnt see your post sooner!! omg! that is all you need! Well, the high school being right there would make me dump the other house in a minute! They would have a yard full of kids roaming around their yard!
I will say a prayer for you! How stressful huh?

Old 01-31-2009, 12:00 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times
Quote:
Lorrie, I live in the Rainforest...we had 6 inches of rain one day in December, that was unbelievable..and in California they need rain so bad, i wish i could channel it down there....either you get too much, or too little...never just right I guess.

I do need the sun, i think that is whats making me so depressed.

boy I am bad tonight, I am so...so....unenthusiastic, I guess..

I am going to drag you all down with me so I will sign outta here for now..of course you all know I will peek i a little later, lol
SAD is a very real thing--I suffer from it--one of the reasons why I want to move to Texas. SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) is a lack of sunshine. They say UV lights help with the affects it has on a person.
Hope you feel better soon, Barb. Spring is right around the corner!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate