Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2009, 12:16 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Painter!! What do people want? I cannot believe how petty people are!

Dogmom! you were supposed to go to Costco and buy those oranges! peel them and breathe in...peel and breathe in!!

I hope you feel better!!!!!!

My daughter is in another mag if I didn't mention it! First at the grocery checkout aisle!!! (I believe Walmart/Bj's/Target carry it--besides the bookstores.....Paula Dean is on the top part of the cover.....
She is on page 81 of this mag!! Feb.16th issue.

Also--this Thurs. she is doing a shoot for Target! It should be an online thing through target. com so I will fill you in more as we go along!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hey all, I will have to take pictures of the Azeleas when they bloom out in full, bright red and they are wonderful. I have the minis around one side of the patio too. I noticed to day that the tulip tree is starting to bud and the Japanese, oh I forgot the name,Lol. Anyway it is starting to bud again. Kinda early for these but with the crazy weather they are as confused as me. I have a real large Gardinia which is my favorite, oh it smells so wonderful. Yes these are all part of my landscaping job, that is one reason this place takes so much time. Since no one is around to ***, I will attempts a list of my stuff.
Gardenias, Azealeas, Ghost trees, Dogwoods, Crepe Mytles, asst shrubs that bloom, Tulip tree
Gladiolas, mums, astilillas, elephant ears, Tulips, Mex. Petunias, Roses, buttercups and abunch of stuff I cant remember the names of or forget I have till they bloom!
OH, you have to post pics when everything is in bloom!

Old 02-03-2009, 12:21 AM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
A belated congrats to you on your teams steal...the steelers have always had my respect, they have the rep!

I come from Packer country and now that Farve made a media spectacle of himself and sold out to the New York Jets, some of the hoopla has died down here.

Have you decided on a Sheltie for sure? Those pix Lorrie posted were adorable.
I have decided on the sheltie for sure...But I am going to wait until I find out what is up with my surgery/neck issues first.

The super bowl was an awesome game. I thought we were going to lose. The cardinals came from behind to jump ahead of us, but their mistake was leaving 2 minutes on the game clock and the Steelers with possession of the ball. YOu can not leave 2 minutes on the clock against a physical team like the Steelers. They can do a lot in 2 minutes...and they did!

Old 02-03-2009, 03:49 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Good morning all-Feedback e-mailed last night. Back yard too small for their kids. Oh well it is only 1/2 acre what would I expect.

Texas-I loved seeing the Steelers win-many years ago they were our son's favorite team-he lived, ate and breathed Steelers.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:39 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Good morning all-Feedback e-mailed last night. Back yard too small for their kids. Oh well it is only 1/2 acre what would I expect.

Texas-I loved seeing the Steelers win-many years ago they were our son's favorite team-he lived, ate and breathed Steelers.

Lacey- don't they look at the listing prior to coming? Wth is wrong with people?? ay ay ay!!

I still cannot believe mine saying the wife liked Stucco, husband didn't. Mind you nothing about the INTERIOR of the freakin house!!

Texas- howdy girl!!!!!! Glad your Steelers won for you!

Old 02-03-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
NJ, sorry that the couple couldn't agree on your house...didn't they see a picture of it before they came by, WTH? That is so cool about your daughter getting the print ads. Dogmom, sounds like you need a good day of sunshine, it's the winter drearies/cabin fever. Hope you hear about your California offer soon. Then you'll be back in the sun before you know it. Painter...there isn't a barn big enough for those dumb a**es that looked at your property. I would love to see a pic of your azaleas in bloom. They must be magnificent. Hammy, your buyers are like a reverse bandaid, it's going to hurt while they rip you off, but then it will be over quickly. The way I would look at it is, you don't want to be saying a year from now, "we should have taken that offer". I'd definitely go for it. How can they close so soon?
Tambre- tell me about it. Wth. It's right on the pic and IN the listing for exterior....*vinyl siding on sides and back...

Quote:
like stucco NJ, we don't have many around here. Is your daughter a chef or something...I missed that? Enjoy the show and relax!
Gold dust!! No my daughter is doing some print work in Manhattan...I was telling the girls I will throw a big party if she makes it big lol....Maybe have MArtha Stewart or Bobby Flay cater it lol...

Quote:
NJ sorry about the hubby not liking the stucco, maybe the wife will still win out? A big on your daughters success!!!
Judy!!!!! thank you !!I love the pic. SO sparkly!! Woohoo...

Old 02-03-2009, 06:45 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
I think if we combine all the houses together and raffled them off as one big package we would have to buy our own tickets. Everyone wants the opposite of what they are looking at. Condos in the country, land in the city, granite in a shack and and tile in the barns. And lets not forget to pay for all their moving, closings, redecorating and spit polish.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I think if we combine all the houses together and raffled them off as one big package we would have to buy our own tickets. Everyone wants the opposite of what they are looking at. Condos in the country, land in the city, granite in a shack and and tile in the barns. And lets not forget to pay for all their moving, closings, redecorating and spit polish.
OMG Painter. You crack me up girl. I needed that this am. !

I tell my husband I could list it for 10,000 and they would still want closing costs paid for lmao.

I just don't get it. WHy waste everyone's time when you cannot look at the listing first more in depth>Geesh.

I was telling my husband, Painter, about seeing the barn in the distance...He was laughing. He said he thought some people are looking at homes just for the hell of it. No intention of buying.

Old 02-03-2009, 07:15 AM

NJ your hubby is correct! After my supposely buyers vanished, even their realtor said they never intended on buying. It has become cheap entertainment for the day, OH honey lets go look at houses and see what all the doom and gloom is about!

Old 02-03-2009, 07:20 AM

Maybe it has become the virtual HG, the decorating dos and don'ts? Lets go pick out a new color for the bedroom honeyyyyyy

Old 02-03-2009, 07:23 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
i'm a phantom buyer, like you describe. it isn't for kicks, though, it is to gauge the location/condition, and compare it to what I can rent. it is mostly a numbers game for me.

typically what I go see in the $190's, I leave thinking should be $150's. that means I'd have to offer $140 for wiggle room. i might like the house, but ultimately my decision is based on the costs of renting vs. buying. often it makes more sense to help someone pay off a $100k mortgage instead of taking on a $200k mortgage yourself.

Last edited by le roi; 02-03-2009 at 07:33 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate