Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 10:27 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times

Advertisements

for hammy

or

Old 02-10-2009, 10:56 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Kristine-ugh I remember those days so well and they were 38 and 35 yrs ago!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had morning sickness 24/7 for 9 months.

Think the smell thing could be pregnancy related? Get a professional cleaning crew in to steam,etc.

NJSocks as a former NY'r/NJ-ite-I know Italian-LOL!!! (O'm Irish but had all Italian friends).

Old 02-10-2009, 11:42 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Hey Campers...just a quick note, when I get home I have tons of posts to catch up on..

Hammy, I saw the crackers so I am guessing you are not feeling so hot. Crackers by your bed side first thing, dont get up until you eat a few...are smells bothering you, try to stay away from that stuff...lots of fluids if you can, coke is good, the carbonation helps..gads its been so long I am trying to think of what worked for me...hugs)

I am having some second thoughts on this house we are buying..right now, with closing costs firgured into the loan, we are up another hundred dollars a month. We are on a fixed income. I am going to sit down with pros and cons. The only cons are the taxes..so high...i could use some prayers to see if this is the right place for us. I just feel weepy I guess..I sent Carl out with our buddy to chase around town, i just needed some time alone...Artie, his wife, is working today.. Rae, I will get up to your place..we had snow on the ground when we got here yesterday...mind if I peek in the windows and stuff? I am a nosy girl...willl take some pics ok.

Thanks for being with me, I don't have wireless here so I am using Artie's desktop puter...hugs all around )

Old 02-10-2009, 11:51 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,595,527 times
[quote=dogmom;7406872]
I am having some second thoughts on this house we are buying..right now, with closing costs firgured into the loan, we are up another hundred dollars a month. We are on a fixed income. I am going to sit down with pros and cons. The only cons are the taxes..so high...i could use some prayers to see if this is the right place for us.

Hey dogmom, really think it through...it is your retirement!!!! Could you not roll the closing costs in? We are not rolling closing costs but are rolling in appliances which I really hate to do, but more cash for us ya know. Our taxes will be higher than we've ever paid, but we will probably have to fight the amt as it may be based on the original asking price.

Good luck with the thinking and have a safe trip home.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:51 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,851,350 times
Barb it's pre buyer jitters. Pro/Con list very good idea.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:53 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hey Campers...just a quick note, when I get home I have tons of posts to catch up on..

Hammy, I saw the crackers so I am guessing you are not feeling so hot. Crackers by your bed side first thing, dont get up until you eat a few...are smells bothering you, try to stay away from that stuff...lots of fluids if you can, coke is good, the carbonation helps..gads its been so long I am trying to think of what worked for me...hugs)

I am having some second thoughts on this house we are buying..right now, with closing costs firgured into the loan, we are up another hundred dollars a month. We are on a fixed income. I am going to sit down with pros and cons. The only cons are the taxes..so high...i could use some prayers to see if this is the right place for us. I just feel weepy I guess..I sent Carl out with our buddy to chase around town, i just needed some time alone...Artie, his wife, is working today.. Rae, I will get up to your place..we had snow on the ground when we got here yesterday...mind if I peek in the windows and stuff? I am a nosy girl...willl take some pics ok.

Thanks for being with me, I don't have wireless here so I am using Artie's desktop puter...hugs all around )

I am sure that your just feeling scared but I think the pro and con list is a great idea. Don't do something that you really don't want to do. However, don't let it go if it is something that you might just be getting the jitters over.

Kristine

Old 02-10-2009, 12:44 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Hi girls, it is pre buying jitters Im sure. Artie my friend just came home for lunch and we chatted..that's what she said..too many unknowns..what if we have the neighbors from hell..well I did peek in all the backyards around us, looked ok so far, no swimming pools..usually loud parties accompany swimming pools, I know we had a swimming pool years ago, well it can be an issue is all i am admitting to, lol.

We would not be able to find a home in the condition it is in at that price so it will be fine...

I am making my pros and cons though..i know the pros will outweigh the cons.
thanks for listening you are all the BEST

Old 02-10-2009, 01:04 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Hi girls, it is pre buying jitters Im sure. Artie my friend just came home for lunch and we chatted..that's what she said..too many unknowns..what if we have the neighbors from hell..well I did peek in all the backyards around us, looked ok so far, no swimming pools..usually loud parties accompany swimming pools, I know we had a swimming pool years ago, well it can be an issue is all i am admitting to, lol.

We would not be able to find a home in the condition it is in at that price so it will be fine...

I am making my pros and cons though..i know the pros will outweigh the cons.
thanks for listening you are all the BEST
I love making pros/cons lists for everything! Barb, everything will work out for you. When you see those figures $$$$$$$--it's scary! Take a DEEP BREATH--now breathe out! You'll make the right decision.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:25 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,372,237 times
Well, I have my date for surgery. I am having surgery on 2/21/09 at 6 AM. I am relieved that the pain will be gone once surgery is over, but I'm also scared and nervous.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:30 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
Well, I have my date for surgery. I am having surgery on 2/21/09 at 6 AM. I am relieved that the pain will be gone once surgery is over, but I'm also scared and nervous.

Oh honey - I know you must be scared. But we will all be here thinking about you and praying for you. Just think about once it is over and how much better you will feel.

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate