Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2009, 07:42 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
I wanted to offer some moral support and assure you that it's not you at all-- it's the nervous nelly lenders and their new regulations. I just went through a refi and it was the same thing. Every few days, they'd call with a request crazier than the last. I'm self-employed, so they demanded three years of tax returns, instead of the usual one or two. I provided those, then the next week, they asked for the name and phone # of my CPA, so they could verify the tax returns. A few days later, they wanted to talk to one of my clients to verify that I was self-employed, as if I were sneaking around paying taxes on made-up income. I begrudgingly provided that.

They finally sent loan docs. I signed them, had them notarized and sent them back. The next day they called and said that they needed copies of my 1099s for the past two years to verify-- again-- that I was self-employed. They cancelled out the loan docs and postponed the closing for another month, while I scrambled to find two years of 1099s.

This was my current lender on a full-doc loan they'd held for five years with no late payments and 50% equity. You're not a deadbeat; they're nuts! The good part is, they'll soon run out of things to request, then you'll have bested them. Hang in there!
Thanks Hollywood...you're right, I talked to our guy after I posted the first nutso post, he said its the lenders, they are crazy, and they keep asking him for stuff. Part of the issue is hubby is retired..we had to jump through hoops with that, provide all copies of his retirement income statements for the last year, we had to have our investment guy email to me because I don't keep them every month. Heck i usually dont even look at them because them make me cry. Then it was this, then it was that. I realize that the lender is concerned because of our retirement, but we do have income coming in, same amount every month.

I am thinking what else can they ask for, but then they find something. Our guy said the problem is the lenders and banks, they are BROKE. So they are being really tight with lending. It doesn't even matter that we owned homes for 30 years with no missed payments, or that we have a huge down payment. None of that makes a difference, it IS a whole different ball game. He said a year ago we wouldnt have had this issue at all. Great.

Tambre, no the house is ours, it's pending, no back up offers, not showing it..It went pending a couple weeks ago, at first it was contingent, then pending. I don't think anyone is stalling, these people want their money I am sure. The rules have all changed..anything I knew about real estate has changed..i think we are just trying to buy at a low time, but we found the house, we want it, that's it. I know if we ever need a real estate loan again (yeah like thats ever gonna happen) we will go a different route. I really don't want to start this all over again, but if we have to we can always try VA or Cal Pers since I was a school employee. Or even our credit union, sheesh. It will close, this week would be nice, but we are running out of time.

I vote for the diamonds! I ordered THREE dresses from Nordstrom to be delivered to my son's house, hopefully they get there while I am down there this weekend..I am taking the dress I have, shoes, etc..and will try all of them on. The shipping was free, and if they don't work I can return them to the store, so no shipping costs involved. I am sure I will stick with my original dress, but something is nagging at me to try the others. Here is my original dress
Attachment 36784

Here are the three I ordered so let me know what you all think..
Click image for larger version

Name:	_5674901.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	36785

Name:	_5721818.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	2.4 KB
ID:	36786

Name:	_5774650.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	2.1 KB
ID:	36787

Old 02-24-2009, 07:44 PM

Nuts the original dress did not show up here it is

Name:	my dress.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	36789

Old 02-24-2009, 08:26 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Wow, I like all three of the gowns. What color are the bridesmaids' dresses?

Old 02-24-2009, 08:39 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,467 times
Barb I kind of like the original. It doesn't look at itchy,stiff as the others. I am big on comfort!!! It looks looser to so you can boogie all night The others looks very formal.
Plus it looks like you could even have it altered later to shorter length for those tea parties in the garden dahling! Or take it on a cruise...or just wear it around the house for fun!
Oh what do I know, Queen of demin and Flannel PJ's that I am. LOL

Old 02-24-2009, 08:43 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,467 times
Hey Painter- got question for ya!!

Remember telling me about that Howard's Restorer Stuff??? Well I may be getting ready to do some painting. SO I was wondering. Should I use that stuff on the trim BEFORE I paint or after?

I am a pretty good painter( heh heh) I was afraid if I use it after, i will smear it on fresh paint. What you think???

(wonder if I can use it on these darn doors too??)

Old 02-24-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Wow, I like all three of the gowns. What color are the bridesmaids' dresses?
Tambre, they are navy blue, short strapless with an ivory sash. Her dress is ivory/gold lace, strapless with an olive green sash. The colors for the wedding and decor are navy blue and olive green...she is going to use lots of hydrangeas for flowers, not sure what the bouquets are, I have the contract here SOMEWHERE...once the wedding is over I can post lots of pictures...

Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Barb I kind of like the original. It doesn't look at itchy,stiff as the others. I am big on comfort!!! It looks looser to so you can boogie all night The others looks very formal.
Plus it looks like you could even have it altered later to shorter length for those tea parties in the garden dahling! Or take it on a cruise...or just wear it around the house for fun!
Sara, the dress I have is very flowy, its like a chiffon on the dress part...my issue, is my arms...they are so fat. thus the thinking I might like a sleeve.
I know no one will care but it bothers me badly. I have always had fat arms even when I was thin. I know wierd.

Ok heard from our agent. she knows what is going on with the loan..we are now going to try to pacify the seller's agent and stall a little. Our agent talked to her and told her a little about whats going on with us, and so what we are going to do is apply for a loan with HER, the selling agents, loan people at coldwell banker. oh yeah here we go again. We are thinking it will buy us a little time before they yank the thing out from under us.

At this point I need to prepare myself to lose this house. I guess if it's not meant to be, it's not meant to be. But it's just right size for us. God has a plan, but he is really, really testing us right now. LIfe is a test isn't it. I am almost wishing we had just stayed where we were. Our payment here isn't going to be that much less than what we had after all the property taxes an such. we are idiots and we just keep being idiots. Anyway the sellers agent is going to have their loan person call us tomorrow afternoon or evening, in the meantime we are hoping and praying that our guy comes through. I guess he had the docs all ready, and the underwriter calls and wants this other stuff..are they not busy or what!!

I could use some prayers girls, I am feeling very down tonight..love you all.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:18 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,869,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Barb.............What she said!

Old 02-24-2009, 11:14 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times
I like the original dress Barb. Out of the other 3 that you posted, I would pick the first one.
Prayers for this loan business to be taken care of quickly for you.

I'm having trouble sleeping--can't find the right position to get comfortable. The neck collar doesn't help much. I just took a muscle relaxant and pain pill so hopefully I will get some sleep soon!

Old 02-25-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGirl@Heart View Post
I like the original dress Barb. Out of the other 3 that you posted, I would pick the first one.
Prayers for this loan business to be taken care of quickly for you.

I'm having trouble sleeping--can't find the right position to get comfortable. The neck collar doesn't help much. I just took a muscle relaxant and pain pill so hopefully I will get some sleep soon!
Thanks, Shelly, it will work out somehow, maybe not in the way we want..but it will work out.

Seems to me when I have had surgery the 2nd and 3rd days were the worst, so....you are probably on the way up! Think positive and I hope you get a good, good nights sleep!
My sweet girl India says have a good nights sleep Shelly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate