Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 09:05 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times

Advertisements

If I am gonna get hit by terrorists it will be on my home land not someone elses, at least I have a chance that way.
Anyway to change the subject and give a little giggle to you all, I am sure we have heard all sorts of excuses from our children when we tell them it is time to get out of bed. Well I just woke my dd up and she laid a new one on me, went in told her she needed to get up so she could clean up her bathroom before she left for school, walked out of the room and 15 mins later I go back in and said why aren't you getting up? Her reply was MOM I am just analizing the process of getting up so that I don't waste energy!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:23 AM

620 posts, read 1,951,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
I am just analizing the process of getting up so that I don't waste energy!

I am going to use that line for sure! What a Brilliant daughter you have!

Good morning everyone!

Old 12-01-2008, 09:59 AM

My vent for the day:

I loathe the buying process! I DISLIKE our buyer's agent...our personalities clash big time. She is a nut, pushy, and just WEIRD! Why are we using her?

One thing...MONEY! We get paid 1000 for using her. She was referred by our relocation company's list. I can't wait to this is over.

She called yesterday to tell us the seller refused to fix the two things we requested. ( Not major stuff)She said he said he will just refinance. She then goes in this song and dance about how we are getting a deal the house cost him 270 and we are paying 248. He is taking a loss. blah blah. Flat out I told her...You know, we might call the deal off. She was shocked. I told her its not my problem he bought an overpriced house to begin with. I told her I can't help he is going through a divorce. This is a business deal.

Anyhow, she we decided to still get the house but she called this morning with an attitude and said that We didn't turn in our insurance paper to our mortgage guy and we must get on it. I was livid because our mortgage guy told us he already had it. Then she said...well I talked to his assistant not him. -UGH.

So I called the insurance they faxed it AGAIN!

Bottom line- I think our agent just is wanting her money. Its not much, but she wants it before Christmas.

I just want this over!!!!!

-Ok, off soap box now.

BTW~ Thank you for sending get well wishes. I do feel better today! Now, I am going to read everyone's news.

Painter and Lacey-You were suppose to hear something today right?

TG@H- Don't you have a showing today? I gotta keep up! Good luck.

Old 12-01-2008, 10:39 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Good day all!
Gnostic, Glad that the closing went well, always happy to hear about closings!
Texas, Hold em girl, these maybe the buyers to get you to cowboy up in Austin, wahooooo!
Dogmom, Do you have a suitcase built big enough for me to hide in? so exciting for you!
Hammey, Hope your perfect home has a perfect inspection this morning, keep us posted.
Lacey, You should hear from your realtor today too, contract in hand I hope!

Well today at 5 p.m. is the deadline for the buyers to decide here, cross fingers for good results. I am not overly confident but...stranger things have happened. No big plans for the day, farrier comes to trim hooves but that is it.
Gnostic So glad that your closing went well . Good agents like you get homes sold.
Texas I just feel the contract coming my friend.
Dogman Have fun on your cruise and try and limit the naps so you can enjoy your adventure.
Hammey pleace keep us informed on the inspection.
Lacey What can i say except it sounds so promising.
Painter I am counting the hours until 5.
Raising You are stuck with that realtor and that is a shame. She sounds like a winner. You should after the closing report her and maybe you can spare someone else her type of realtor. Hang in there.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:14 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Well feedback's in. Lookers looked at 30 houses, spent 25 min in ours. They are re-visiting 3 homes and ours is not one of them.

Maybe that's good as Mr. L is not well again-another stomach flareup and we're off to doc. I couldn't deal with the 2 things at once.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:54 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Lacey Oh Lacey, MAYBE they are looking at those 3 to compare to yours???? Oh I so pray they get Mr. L straightened out and like I said before all things happen for a reason. Take care of both of yourselves and worry about the damn house later!

Raising, You tell that beech that she works for you and to get off her dang high horse. If she is so worried about the seller then she can pay for the repairs to make the sale...

Texas, Hoping the lookers bring in a wad of cash for you!

Sorry all I am in one of my MOODS today!

Old 12-01-2008, 11:58 AM

Lacey- I am sorry your dh is not feeling well again. Was he still on the antibiotics or preventive stuff? Keep us posted. I hope the doctor catches it quick again. The Lookers looked at 30 houses in one day or even over a period of a couple of days thats a lot. We looked at A LOT but it was over a period of time. I can't believe that they spent that much time in your house and then ruled it out. Huge hugs! Sending get well vibes to your hubby!

Dogmom- I am jealous! Have a terrific time. Enjoy being away from it all.

Lorrie- I think you are right away feedback. My husband thinks its just that she is not very personable and she isn't a good sales person. If we weren't getting paid for using her, I would have kicked her to the curb awhile ago! Sometimes,I think she THINKS we are the idiots.She really didn't do much about finding us houses because I researched and told her EXACTLY what we wanted to see. She didn't like that. She was trying to get us into things I KNEW we would NEVER live in! We had to set her straight. Why waste time? How are things truly going for you? Did you get your puppy? I knew you decided not to get the yorkie. It was probably the best thing. Six weeks is too young. We got our boxer right at 12 weeks. We got her from a breeder, now I know the breeder wasn't that great..long story...but still even that one sold them at 12 weeks.

Judy- Whats is going on with you?

Crazyma- Hope you are having a great time being away.

Painter- Hang in there...5 is just around the corner. ( It is 5:00 somewhere though!)You made me laugh.

I can't wait to hear about the inspection and see pictures HAMMY!

We all must be in a mood...

Old 12-01-2008, 12:14 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Thanx all-maybe it's God's way of saying other things are important now-like finding out what's wrong! He finished the massive doses of powerful antibiotic and 30 days of prednisone. Just can't wait to get there at 2:45!

Old 12-01-2008, 12:32 PM

959 posts, read 1,824,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Well feedback's in. Lookers looked at 30 houses, spent 25 min in ours. They are re-visiting 3 homes and ours is not one of them.

Maybe that's good as Mr. L is not well again-another stomach flareup and we're off to doc. I couldn't deal with the 2 things at once.
Oh girl, I am so sorry to hear that. But with Mr. L not feeling well maybe it is best they are not coming today. I hope that he starts feeling better soon.

Kristine

Old 12-01-2008, 12:45 PM

311 posts, read 915,857 times
WOOOHOOO CAMPING! Just what I need to relax after dealing with flaky buyers and nervous sellers. Break out the smores and wheres the fire?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate