Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 09:36 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,370,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Sorry it is so late with me posting but I have had to get over my tizzy fit. Here is the story we got-The buyers agent called mine and said that she has left 3 voice mails and has sent 2 e-mails to her buyers and they have not answered. Her words are I don't know if they are out of town for the holiday or if they are "jacking us around". So that is all we know, the agents and I all agree now that these people are just out wasting everyones time, I doubt if they are even buyers. I said if they get bored next Sunday they should just go to the damn movies! Yes I am mad, I have sat here for the past 4 days waiting and they dont have the common courtesy of a goat! Pheww I am stressed. And of course no calls over the weekend either.
I'm sorry Painter. Some people have no manners.

Old 12-01-2008, 09:36 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorriem View Post
DD E mailed me so many names and I liked CoCo as in Channel. I was going for Gracie. Like "say good night Gracie" George Burns always said that to his wife on TV. You are way to young to remember.
Lorrie, our dalmatian is Gracie, you and I are on the same train of thought..her AKC official name is "Dotzink's Say Goodnight Gracie"..Dotzink is the breeder..Isn't that funny...I picked that out 6 years ago, lol. Guess now the cat is out of the bag, I am OLD enough to remember Burns & Allen (but i was a teeny teeny girl, lol)..

Old 12-01-2008, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwestate View Post
Sorry, for the mess.
I'm a newbie and I guess it shows.
JW..welcome to our little 'home' here on the net..no problem I read your post fine..it takes some practice..pretty soon you will be posting graphics and all kinds of fun things to keep us all entertained!

We went FHA when we bought our first home over 30 years ago, was the only way we could get into a house, I have no clue how it works. I do know that as soon as we get our mortgage pre approval letter in the next few weeks we will be house hunting seriously..looking at repos and short sales, those are about the only ones out there anymore. Talking to our agent today, we decided that if we see any short sales that will work for us in the area we want, we will just write offers on all of them..you can always withdraw it if it gets long and dragged out.

Old 12-02-2008, 12:00 AM

Welcome to Jody Rose and ShellyTC..always looking forward to good advice and friendship.

Painter, I know how you feel. I swear some of these buyers have no clue how stressful the waiting..waiting..waiting is..we did that with the grass sniffers, like over a week and they ended up telling their agent they were going to keep their money in the bank..i bet he took them to hundreds of homes..ugh I get ticked off just thinking about them..

I kind of feel bad for the agents of these people, all that time and gas wasted. Well, I am going to think positive right now, maybe they are out of town and have no clue you are waiting to hear..Maybe tomorrow...

Lacey, glad Mr. L is doing a little better..first things first, health..

Going to bed campers..have a headache, ugh..chat with ya all tomorrow...
hugs

Old 12-02-2008, 12:23 AM

1,261 posts, read 4,271,408 times
Lorrie,
Very cute puppy.

jwestate and other newbies (sorry, forgot who else is new lol),
Welcome!

Painter,
Sorry about those "buyers".

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at noon. (Well, technically today.) Personal reasons. I'm hoping it's not serious, but I don't really expect it to be.

My husband took the tree and decorations down from the attic today. I'll try to get started on decorating it tomorrow/today.

*waves to everyone*

Old 12-02-2008, 12:57 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,973 times
Smile Let me BEE the 1st 2 say

CRAZYMA !!

Old 12-02-2008, 04:49 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Happy Birthday to our Camp Counselor.

Welcome Jody and Shelly.

Niki thoughts today-hope all goes well.

Barb-feel better.

Painter that stinks to high heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2008, 08:04 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,106 times
Welcome new peeps!!!!

Inspection went well yesterday with nothing major going on. Took LOTS AND LOTS of pictures so that I can look at them since I wont be moving in until February or March.

Kristine

Old 12-02-2008, 08:05 AM

2,124 posts, read 8,841,471 times
Thanks to all for the nice Welcome!! It is very nice : )

Painter: I am hoping that buyer is out of town or busy with relatives. I hate when a buyer does that. At least the agent is being VERY open with your agent. that is good. Keep your chin up.

Jwestate: short sales take time and patience!! The one I am working now has been very quick. and we are about 4 weeks in. They are just now sending to the mortg. investor (fannie mae or freddie mac). What you need though, is for the agents to be talking, almost daily!!! Have your agent ask the agent on the other side for status with the bank. here are some questions: has your offer been actually sent to the bank or is it being held as a back up? Has the bank ordered their BPO/Appraisal? Have they arrived at a FMV yet? Is the bank negotiating with another offer?

As you get answers to these questions, you will know where you stand.

Good Luck.

Shelly

Old 12-02-2008, 08:05 AM

959 posts, read 1,824,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Sorry it is so late with me posting but I have had to get over my tizzy fit. Here is the story we got-The buyers agent called mine and said that she has left 3 voice mails and has sent 2 e-mails to her buyers and they have not answered. Her words are I don't know if they are out of town for the holiday or if they are "jacking us around". So that is all we know, the agents and I all agree now that these people are just out wasting everyones time, I doubt if they are even buyers. I said if they get bored next Sunday they should just go to the damn movies! Yes I am mad, I have sat here for the past 4 days waiting and they dont have the common courtesy of a goat! Pheww I am stressed. And of course no calls over the weekend either.
WTF? I swear to god I am going to put a hex on these kinds of people because I think we are ALL sick of them. They don't care they are wasting peoples time and stressing them out.

Kristine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate