Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2008, 11:56 AM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boocake View Post
Thanks for the support, all! And lorrie, good to hear that things are picking up where your friend is! I hope the same happens here!
boocake think positive. It will happen to you. I know how you feel we but a large down payment when we sold in CA and bought that house in FL. When we sold we sold at $25,000 less then what we paid for it which wasn't that bad but we also lost the big down payment. That was a chunk of change and we would never do that again. We only put 20% here in NC learned a good lesson.
God it is so cold here. Hubby was up in Rochester, NY and it was cold and snowing. He came home last night our one fairly comfy day and today hubby said it is colder here then up in Rochester. The wind and the cold here makes me want to like I said before in another post go home to CA.
I hate the cold. Plus I really am home sick after 4 years leaving CA. It just seems to get worse this feeling. Hubby feels the same way. He says anytime you are ready to go back will go but then we have to again sell this house and try to buy another home in CA. Hubby said he would rather have his work homebase there anyway but try and get back into CA.
My Vent for the week

Old 11-21-2008, 12:08 PM

525 posts, read 1,298,042 times
It IS freaking cold here! I actually grew up in Wilmington, where it gets chilly occasionally, but nothing like the mountains! Of course, I love spring, summer, and fall here, but winter gets really depressing. At least in other parts of the state it stays fairly green even when it's cold. What county are you in?

I know the homesick feeling. I thought I'd love living in the mountains but I miss the familiarity of the eastern part of NC. I can't imagine being as far from home as you are!

Old 11-21-2008, 12:11 PM

Way off topic. We belong to US Air club and we get two $99 extra tickets every year. We used one in july to go to CA and hubby's work paid for his. A few months ago I used the other for tickets for Xmas to go to CA and we paid almost $700 for one ticket and $99 for the other. I just looked at US airs web site and for $199 one way we could have gone to CA. That would equal $400 plus $99. We would have saved $300. Who would have known. We could cancel but then we would have to pay a fee. We are stuck. One bright spot is seeing the grands again and DD and SIl.
2nd Vent can't vent next week since I allow myself only one a week.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:21 PM

Quote:
It IS freaking cold here! I actually grew up in Wilmington, where it gets chilly occasionally, but nothing like the mountains! Of course, I love spring, summer, and fall here, but winter gets really depressing. At least in other parts of the state it stays fairly green even when it's cold. What county are you in?

I know the homesick feeling. I thought I'd love living in the mountains but I miss the familiarity of the eastern part of NC. I can't imagine being as far from home as you are!
We live in Caldwell county. We should be going to Hickory for a new phone for hubby. When he came home last night as he was unpacking he plugged in his cell phone I saw it. He threw in his black travel slacks into the washer. I did his wash this morning and heard clunking. I knew I was washing something that I shouldn't but thought it was a dogs toy. When it was through I looked to see what it was and it was hubby's cell phone. I said to him how did it get back into his pocket and he told me he had to make a late phone call. So we are going to buy a new cell phone tomorrow. Hubby has to many e mails to catch up with and it is to darn cold to go out today. I think he did it on purpose because he saw another cell that he likes. Darn.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:

Boocake we do love this area and we have made a few good friends here. It is also not so bad the trip to CA since Charlotte airport has non stop to SFO and it only is a 5 1/2 hr flight. I just think of CA as my home even though I was raised in the N east but lived in CA for over 25 years. We lived in the SF Bay area and the weather is great.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:50 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
Lorrie-what would the penalty be? Might be worth it.

Well our realtor just called and we have a showing tomorrow from 3 to4PM. Just when I had all but given up. We'll be at a 'Celebration of Life" for a dear friend who just passed away very suddenly Monday. His wife was driving him to the doctor and he died in the car! Only 59 yrs. old.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:17 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
Texasgirl, maybe he had that cowboy hat you're looking for!!! hehe

Old 11-21-2008, 01:23 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,023,087 times
Lacey, what a sad story, sorry to hear about your dear friend.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Lorrie-what would the penalty be? Might be worth it.

Well our realtor just called and we have a showing tomorrow from 3 to4PM. Just when I had all but given up. We'll be at a 'Celebration of Life" for a dear friend who just passed away very suddenly Monday. His wife was driving him to the doctor and he died in the car! Only 59 yrs. old.

Lacey I am so sorry about your friend and so young. Did he have a heart attack?
Lacy I just asked hubby and he said they are non refundable since we used the $99 coupon. My fault since I had bought them when the gas prices were going up I never thought the price would go down as fast and the economy would get so bad. If I had known I would have bought them around this time. The only option is to use them at another time and buy them at todays prices but the only trouble is that any trip we take hubby's Co will pay for him since he can always find a reason to Co to SF except for this coming trip. No one does business Xmas week.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:33 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,850 times
everyone!!! You all have been really busy here in camp! Good to see you all here at Camp #3!!!

Chickrae!!! You have found the best group in the CD Forums!!!

HDL great graphics!!! I was wondering where you were and I pray things are going better for you!!!

Boocake hang in there! We have been listed for a little over a year and recently cut our price in half and still no takers. The market is slow right now but it only takes that one buyer!!!

Well it is 93 here today, not really Thanksgiving weather!!! I can't wait for it to get colder!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate