Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2008, 12:21 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times

Advertisements

i remember aqua at an aunts-oh so COOL=love that 'retro' stuff...
I am one of these people that can give a fig about what is in...I am thankful to have indoor plumbing and electricity lol

got pintos on soaking and need to go do errands but keep putting it off!!! but I must go- the new coffeemaker's clock keeps screwing up, so back in the box & to the store, to heck with the 'warranty'- it siad a new OR reconditioned for replacement- NONONO if I want reconditioned I'd have fixed the old one?!!!
well campers beee happy:0 i am off

Old 12-05-2008, 12:30 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,849,768 times
OMG Painter we had a pink fridge in our apartment and we ended up with it for 35 years - in the garage. That baby worked and it was over 50.

Raising you are too funny.

CrazyMa-not a pound-if I smelled it I would've gained 10.

Texas this is it-tomorrow you'll be ready to start packing.

Old 12-05-2008, 01:04 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Well Ladies another exciting saga in my house today. Evidently my dd didn't shut the door good when she left for work and the boys made an escape. They can open doors if they are not locked tight. I spent an hour driving around looking for them and finally found them 3/4 of a mile away running down the side of the main road! Talk about scared, geeze. They are not the friendliest boys and I was afraid either they would get hit by a truck or bite someone. But they are back home and I dont know who I want to smack more them or my dd.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:40 PM

7,726 posts, read 1,888,850 times
LOL Painter, I think it is a toss up there!!!

Raising I am glad to see you are checking into security systems for your home, better to be safe and have peace of mind. I don't have any suggestions on which system is the best, but I think that maybe if you went to the CD forum here (under the city you are moving to) and asked the people on that thread about the best systems in the area they would be able to give you the best advice. It is worth a try anyway!!!

TC and GB everyone!!!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:04 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,872,148 times
Just checking in quick again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raising3boys View Post
Are you all really close with your kids? My mom and I are really close. She drives me crazy at times, but I love her. My dad and I thats another story. I haven't spoken to him in 5 years and really the last time was forced on the phone by my grandma ( her son). Now, we found out actually I am living 15 minutes away from my dad. It was a bitter divorce and somehow, I was in the middle.

I still haven't decided what to do. Right now, I am leaning towards the black. You know, I was thinking I just think five years from now stainless will be out.

When I was talking to my grandma she was saying at one time, the hot new thing was the AVOCADO, or GOLD color for kitchens! Do you remember that? Did any of you have that? I remember when I was little my grandma had the GOLD and my other had the AVOCADO. LOL.
Raising.........When we got married in 1974 our first appliances were Harvest Gold! My mother had Avocado, but I liked the gold better. They were replaced with Almond, which was my favorite We had to replace our dishwasher about 6 months ago and got black because it went with the other 2 appliances, which we are desperately hoping don't die before we sell the place. I was sad that you can't get almond anymore. They do have a bisque, but the guy told us that it is going out and will be hard to find.

As far as the stainless.........We have that here at the new house and frankly I wish it was gone! We had our choice of white, black or stainless. I didn't want white and with the darker cherry cabinets that we got I thought black would be too dark. But the stainless is almost impossible to keep looking good. I even bought some spray especially to clean it and I had to scrub about 30 minutes to get all the streaks off, and they still aren't all gone. DH found an article that says the best way to clean it is with a paste of baking soda, but that sounds really messy. And on top of it, I really object to spending an extra $100/item just to get stainless. Kind of like red paint on a car is extra.

As far as the kids......daughter and I are very close. Yes, we have those mother-daughter "things", plus the fact that she is very independent (I have to take some credit for raising her that way, though), when something happens, either good or bad, I am the first one that she calls. She confides in me about almost everything and when she visits she can't wait to run up and give me a huge hug She even holds my hand when we are out together. Not bad for her being 25! She goes out of her way to plan special things for us to do together, especially on my birthday. This year she took me to a day spa for a massage! Oh rats, now I'm going to get weepy because I miss her so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
OH yes, I had a good birthday-spent the entire time eating our 'comfort' foods- Chikfila Hot Browns, SpeediPig BBQ, Waffle House pattymelt & scattered and smothered, pizza buffet, chicken & dumplings @ Cracker Barrel, AND steaks Daddy cooked on the grill!!! (and a mazingly I didn't gain a pound!!!!)
well I better get busy, have lots of little things to do...Hello to all, even if I didn't mention you!!!!!!!!!
ACK........ Happy belated birthday!! Sounds like a really tasty one! I love Cracker Barrel, and can you believe that I'm sitting down here in the middle of them and haven't even gone there once. Hmmm......sounds like a trip over to Rock Hill is in order.

We had another showing yesterday, but haven't heard anything. It's amazing how showings have increased the closer to the end of the reator contract. Sorry, but it won't work, she is fired on the 15th.

Doing my first craft show tomorrow down here. Also setting up at a small one at the activity center here at the community. I don't expect much from that one, but it will get my name out there and maybe get me some business. I was going to do some more tonight, but not sure. I have to be there between 7-8am, so need to go to bed early. I set up tonight so that I don't have to be there at 6:30! Hope everybody has a great weekend!

Old 12-05-2008, 06:57 PM

620 posts, read 1,951,054 times
Retro and vintage is "hip" don't you know? If we wait just a little bit long it will ALL come back around. The stainless is a pain to clean. Also, personally I hate cleaning the smooth top electric stovetops. You have to be right on top of it soon as the spill happens. I know it was easy to clean than the electic thingys though. In our new house, we will have gas. I have never had a gas stove since we have been married!

Crazyma- I love the stove you want. It doesn't say the price. Its expensive isn't it?

Roth -Its great to see you popping in. Good luck tomorrow! Sell a lot. I know you miss your daughter and dh. Hang in there!

TG@H- I am thinking about you! Grab those buyers at the door. Pour on the charm. I am sure your house is sparkling clean, warm and full of Christmas cheer.

Ok, campers.....UPDATE AND NEWS.....

After ALL the hassle....

We signed the closing papers tonight! Yes, it looks like after all, we will take possession next Friday at 6:00!

The seller signs his "crap" tomorrow. You wouldn't believe all the releases they had to get on his end. They had to make sure everything was in order about the restraining order and divorce that is pending.

Judy- You know, I just had a "duh" moment. You are so good. Why didn't I even think about posting under the Ohio section? LOL. I have posted other stuff there before. I guess I was just caught up in all the JUNK. Thank you!

Have a great night! Have fun whatever you are doing.

Painter-Soon, we need to go get tired or at least have a frozen one. I am SOOOOOO glad your baby boys were safe and sound. They must have had fun for a little bit! You were lucky on so many different levels. How did you handle it with your daughter? Were you ready to wring her neck?LOL.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:01 PM

Raising, So glad you got to sign your end of the closing tonite, what a relief huh? yes my boys thought they were something else running throught the fields, until they saw me and I held load up! They are still pouting because I am so mad at them and they know it. I haven't confronted my dd yet, she decided to go to dinner after work with friends INSTEAD of coming home, gee I wonder why!

Now back to re, one of my contractors called me to night just to talk. They finally sold the last of the spec homes, 2 yrs on the market and they sold it for 200k less than list. Man, I have to say this was one some house, gorgous place, all top of the line, lanai with built in fireplace and big screen the who shabang, right by the bay. Now the buyers agent said the people picked out 4 houses, made an offer on first, walked on the counter offer, did the same for the second and then made an offer on this one and bought, paid cash and close next week. After the contract was sign she told my friend it they had made a counter the people were ready to move on to the next one. CAN you all believe this???

Old 12-05-2008, 09:12 PM

525 posts, read 1,298,042 times
Just wanted to pop in and give you guys an update. Our "buyers" disappeared. After talking about making an offer and asking for the HOA documents, they literally vanished. My realtor has called their realtor three times now and gotten no call back after he left messages. It's been 10 days or something now. So, I've lost hope on them. But it is very strange. We're thinking about taking it off the market. I feel so defeated.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:18 PM

Boocake, To me it is not so strange, exact same thing happened to me. It does make one lose hope but it also made me mad! But when we give up hope what is left? I HAVE to deal with this just like I do anything else by putting one foot in front of the other until it leads me to where I need to be. Just hang in there, okay. Come back to the camp and vent, it does help...

Old 12-05-2008, 11:22 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,128 times
I think some Real Estate carols are in order!!

O little house it is for sale,
How much do think they'll pay?
Above thy pain and anguished sleep
The sellers walk on by;

Yet in thy dark street shineth
Your everlasting sign;
The hopes and fears in all the months
Are met in thee to-night.

Your house is shown to many
And googled all around,
While agents sleep, the buyers keep
Their watch of lowering price.

O offer it has come now,
proclaim an inspection!
And praises sing to God the King,
And peace to your poor heart.

How happily, oh how happily,
You sign the closing papers!
So God imparts to human hearts
The blessings of his heaven.

No man may guess its coming,
But closings they do come
Where meek souls doubt an offer, still
The buyer enters in.

Where children cry, act naughty,
and parents dread to show,
Where misery cries out sell it,
soon patience will pay off

When lookieloos come looking,
And faith runs out the door,
The dark night wakes, the glory breaks,
And Buyers comes once more.

O little house it is for sale,
Come buy it now, we pray;
Cast down your dough and enter in,
Be sold on us to-day.

We hear the selling angels
The great glad tidings tell;
O come to us, come buy with us,
one offer gits'er done!

LOL- KEEP those chins UP campers

Last edited by crazyma; 12-05-2008 at 11:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate