Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 06:30 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,363,081 times

Advertisements

I say congrats and job well done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2008, 07:21 PM

Location: Halfway between Number 4 Privet Drive and Forks, WA
1,516 posts, read 4,585,456 times
Quote:
And you, my friend, have discovered the secret. Sellers decide to sell the competition or get sold
It did take a while for it to finally click for me, but all the wonderful folks here gave great advice

Old 12-04-2008, 08:25 PM

10,940 posts, read 21,916,982 times
If you feel you priced it right take the money and run. It sounds like you got lucky based on the info provided.

Old 12-05-2008, 08:54 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,646,405 times
I agree good deals go quick and I would not think twice. You sold it without having to pay commission and the realtors even came up with a comparable price....it takes only 1 buyer with the right amount...maybe for a higher price you wouldn't have had anybody coming with an offer.

Congrats and enjoy!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:13 AM

3,034 posts, read 7,910,634 times
I am closing my FSBO today,buyer came to and looked at property and decided he wanted to make offer,when he came back he had contract from realtor with 3 percent fee.At this point he said he was qualified to purchase at certain price,he had USDA FHA package.He did not have signed buyer agreement,realtor has never looked at property.We said no way,in agreement he will pay.I would guess she got him this package,qualified bank,FHA appraiser and inspector.All have to line up for USDA approval.We did come down to his max which was $5000 but better to be sold at this point with the worst yet to come in the spring.Like said be happy if you can find buyer.

Old 12-05-2008, 05:21 PM

12,626 posts, read 31,982,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokerdave View Post
you may turn that offer down now and raise it and wait, but what if the next offer you get is for $199k?

i would suggest taking the offer and moving. remember you can always buy something that is an even better deal.
I agree with you. Don't take that chance.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:54 AM

359 posts, read 1,117,185 times
As one that has been trying to buy for about a year now, you sound like you did everything exactly right. Whey "my" house finally comes along, I too will be swooping in and offering a fair purchase price but only if the home is offered at a fair asking price. I am sure my seller will also think they may have priced too low, but more than likely they priced it just right! If they start to mess with me, I'll walk. I've wasted enough time with unrealistic sellers and unresponsive banks. Congratulations and I hope the deal goes through.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:08 PM

222 posts, read 876,329 times
Count yourself lucky and go with what you think is fair, not what your neighbor has theirs priced at. Hope that the buyer can get financing and all will go smoothly. Maybe it is exactly what this buyer wants and they jumped on it. Another buyer might not think the layout or something is what they want so you might not get any other offers. Go for it!

Old 12-30-2008, 12:23 PM

7 posts, read 22,750 times
Default Re: Priced too low?

Do some research. Check out zillow.com to see what homes have sold for recently in your area. Make sure that your asking price will be competitive with your local market.

Only problem with zillow is that I'm not sure if it displays sold homes' asking prices or the price the home actually closed at. But either way, it's a great tool.

Another tool that I use, when I can find it, is called the Business Journal. This weekly publication is put out by the Newhouse family (Advance Publications) in dozens of cities across the U.S. And one cool feature that it includes is a roundup of all the homes that have sold within the past week and gives both the buyer and seller names, address of the home and how much the home closed at. Pretty nifty, but it does cost $2... I use it all the time when I want to send personalized notes to new homeowners related to my offline business...

Old 12-30-2008, 09:08 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,129,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What that means is that you priced it right for your area. Good deals go quick.
Pat yourself on the back for pricing it right.
No they don't. Median prices sell in median days. If it sells quick it means that you were lucky or you heavily under priced or something in between.

Listed a house in the neighborhood of 400K in early December. Sold it in less than two weeks. Great price? Great marketing?

Blind luck. Sometimes the gods smile on your case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate