Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 02:07 PM

682 posts, read 2,565,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfw1979 View Post
I use ziprealty. It is the BEST site out there. I love all the features like map and satellite image which is great to see birds eye views of the neighborhood. It also lists schools, crime data, neighborhood info and more...love it!!!
I agree about ziprealty! Realtor.com and trulia are not up to date and pretty much useless.

In the Phoenix area, zip beat all other sites for accurate info and they will email you with any changes or new listings that match your criteria.

Other sites I used were local Realtor ones that had all the foreclosures and short sales FREE. These were invaluable for finding the new ones on an hourly basis.

I did not list my name and other info to find these sites. If anything more than an email address was required to gain access to MLS listings, I backed out of the site. The last thing I want is to be called by Realtors on a daily basis.

altus2006
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 06:24 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
It's pretty simple to key in my zip code in google or yahoo or realtor.com. On my website, the street address automatically puts a pinpoint on google earth.
Sounds good, but I am thinking the other way around. In your example you already need to know the address.

What I'm thinking is more along the lines of a map-driven search, where the client is able to find previously-unseen properties through a map rather than a list, that's all.

Quote:
I use ARCexplorer to produce aerial photo imagery with parcel, geographic, zoning layers and other stuff for seriously interested clients.
My understanding is that ArcExplorer is like ESRI's version of Google Earth, and isn't web-based. You're talking about a mapping product you must produce for them, right? I'm thinking more along the lines of a web-based GIS + MLS search app, where the user can turn on/off useful layers (like you're talking about) but one that also functions as an MLS listings search.

Just as an example, on my desktop app I have aerial photos from different years, elevation models, flood zones, EPA superfund sites, EPA air & water dischargers, and crime data. I also have a "heat map" that displays tax values per square foot, for each property in the county. It isn't too difficult to put all this on the web, I just personally have no reason to.

I'm thinking that MLS listing data could be added, just like the rest of these layers. I just don't know where to start, how much it costs to access the MLS, or if I'm even eligible to.

Last edited by le roi; 12-14-2008 at 06:51 AM..

Old 12-14-2008, 02:45 PM

151 posts, read 713,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfw1979 View Post
I know. It sucks for those who can't use it's benefits. It's by far the best real estate website out there!!!
Do you work for them? Frustrated with Realtor.com (see early post in this thread) I checked our ziprealty and they are even worse. At least Realtor.com covers all areas where as ziprealty only covers some major cities and suburbs.

I would be happy if realtor.com just went back to the point and click map search radius, and then fixed all the broken filtering features. It is has been like 2 months now since the upgrade and the site is still hosed.

edit: it has been a few days since I checked but looks like they finally fixed filtering of search results. It is not the best but it works. To get the old features you have to use the small mls search link at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by jpicard; 12-14-2008 at 02:54 PM..

Old 12-15-2008, 03:08 AM

8 posts, read 19,705 times
I am looking for the best place to invest and I have got the idea to have property in Dubai...I have searched many sites related to this but i have got 2 or 3 the good one let me share it with you.

Dubai Property - United Arab Emirates - UAE (http://www.myu.ae/dubai-property.php - broken link) - This is the most useful site I have found to refer for best guidance.Because it gives total information about Dubai property.

-------------------------
dubai real estate (http://www.myu.ae/dubai-property.php - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate