Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:24 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter 1 View Post
NO !!! Only Lawyers "practice law" All others do legal paper work . and since when did you have to be a lawyer to file a UCC-1 with the Secretary of state. Corporate business do it daily and secretary's in those same offices do it. OFFICE secretary's in those same offices without any Bar License. ( aka, COUNTRY CLUB License) are doing it.
Right - they are not making representations as to the validity of the filings they are doing for "clients"? LOLOLOLOLOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 11:15 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Right - they are not making representations as to the validity of the filings they are doing for "clients"? LOLOLOLOLOL
Show me please where it requires a "Bar License" to do it. Do the clerk's in a lawyers office have a Bar license. They do most of the work for the lawyers don't they ???? all this without the so called Bar license. Do the clerk's in an Escrow office need to have a Bar license ?? I think not . Now back to the subject of this post. ??

Old 12-17-2008, 08:12 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,715,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Ha! Ever here of the great depression? This is nothing like that.
Record expansion of credit - check
Imminent collapse of the banking system - check
Misguided attempts by the government to get in the way of a normal market correction - check
Deflation of asset prices - check
Stock market crash - check

It might not be exactly the same (this current mess also has elements from the housing-led "long depression" in the mid 1870s), but to claim there's no similarities is a stretch. Not that I'm convinced that the outcome will be the same, either, but ignoring the historical parallels won't make them go away.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SittingOnSomeBubble$ View Post
I love the counter argument realtors use against actual facts that are supported by empirical data : "Whatever, it's a great time to buy". Classic stuff.... lol
The actual quote is "it's a great time to buy OR SELL a house". Don't forget the sell part - agents make money on that side of the deal as well

Hence my comments in the next post ....

Last edited by KCfromNC; 12-17-2008 at 08:45 AM..

Old 12-17-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I don't know - why?

Laguna Hills and San Diego are not Carlsbad. I was just there and was looking at their sales numbers - not shabby. Oh, to be sure, there have been downturns in valuations but, there are sales.
You guys are talking past each other. A "strong market" to a real estate agent is one with high volume at any price (transactions drive commission). A "strong market" to the typical buyer or seller is one where prices are increasing at a rate above inflation. This whole exchange just points out the disconnect between real estate agents' priorities and those of the people they are supposed to be working for.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:25 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruru View Post
Everything you say here is correct and there is one more thing that was for some reason negligently overlooked (unregulated) and causing much more pain now than is necessary. When the sub-prime homeowner and investor made their purchases many were not forced to purchase the necessary insurance to cover the cost in case of defaults on their loans. This was part of the creative financing run rampant in the mid 90's, both fee based business and just bad business in this country and yes it should be considered criminal. With out Purchase protection insurance when the loans failed there was no money to cover the failures and so the mortgages then got shuffled and bundled into larger groups and sold. Passing all the risk on to the paying mortgagers and the tax payers.

Then the possibility of a domino effect. As the economy fails the mortgage bundles that are not covered grow in quantity as they still are and possibly still could in the coming months and everyone loses their shirts by failing mortgages, falling property values, and lost tax revenue.

This is a travesty and someone really ought to be brought to trial for allowing the mortgage industry to take so much reckless risk.

Look at AIG why did we bail out an Insurance Company? They have actuaries working for them. They had crunchers of numbers galore and peoples life savings invested. The people responsible are being allowed to get away with this scheme by not covering the American homeowner and investor.

Pray we need to get to the top, bottom and both sides of this issue so that this horrible waste of America's resources never happens again.
The End of Wall Street's Boom - National Business News - Portfolio.com

Couple of F-bombs in that article. Just so you know about the cursing. It explains the mortgage mess pretty well, though.

When I got my last home loan, they tried that 80/20 crap with me. I think the second loan was 2 percentage points higher. I took a pass on it.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:59 AM

10,965 posts, read 21,983,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
You guys are talking past each other. A "strong market" to a real estate agent is one with high volume at any price (transactions drive commission). A "strong market" to the typical buyer or seller is one where prices are increasing at a rate above inflation. This whole exchange just points out the disconnect between real estate agents' priorities and those of the people they are supposed to be working for.
Yes, that's what many don't understand. More transactions are more important than the price to the agent. I don't care if the price goes up or down so much as I care if transactions are happening. People assume that agents want to drive the price up, but that's not the case at all. We just want to close deals.

Sellers want to drive prices up. Buyers want to drive prices down. Agents want to get a seller and a buyer together on a number they both find agreeable.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:43 PM

55 posts, read 267,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
The End of Wall Street's Boom - National Business News - Portfolio.com

Couple of F-bombs in that article. Just so you know about the cursing. It explains the mortgage mess pretty well, though.

When I got my last home loan, they tried that 80/20 crap with me. I think the second loan was 2 percentage points higher. I took a pass on it.

That article was a great read and really helped solidify my own theory's and ideas about how screwed the investment industry is right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate