Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:48 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times

Advertisements

<sigh> so I really have to just be patient and hope that buyer1's financing falls through (Countrywide? ) and that buyer2 moves on to something else.

Man, it's tough! Thanks all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2009, 09:38 PM

10,966 posts, read 21,972,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
<sigh> so I really have to just be patient and hope that buyer1's financing falls through (Countrywide? ) and that buyer2 moves on to something else.

Man, it's tough! Thanks all.
Either submit your offer anyway and wait, or move on and if it falls through and you haven't bought anything then it was meant to be.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:51 PM

140 posts, read 542,403 times
Multiple offers on REOs is probably the norm not the exception - I've made 20 offers in the last 6 months and lost out on every property - thanks goodness. Number 21 came along and it was the best - multiple offers again - this time I got it, and I did not pay more just to beat out other buyers!

There are so many REOs if you don't get one - a better property will hit MLS tomorrow. Don't get into a bidding war - wait for another house.
Have patience - if prices continue to drop - a bargain today may not be a bargain 6 months from now.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:54 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
Oh I submitted the offer weeks ago. The LA just won't present it because he wants Buyer1 to get it (I want the dirty rats to go away ).

I am still checking the listings (nneren.com in my case), but there is nothing in my target area available in a price range we want or that isn't a dump (or just too small). I'd be a fool to not keep an eye out - just in case. but I really want that house!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate