Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2009, 06:40 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times

Advertisements

Barb prob not gonna do the roof for now...unless RE prices go up, LOL. As it is now if we did list it it would eat up more of our equity. Don't wanna take a loss a moment sooner that have to ya know.
Nothing is really wrong with the roof, none of the roofers were screaming the sky is falling, hurry up, redo it. It is a wood roof and comparing it to the shingle roofs, it 'looks' different and makes some people nervous, ha. I have seen some around here that look HORRIBLE, much much worse than ours. Actually the guy today, if it were him, he'd wait for Mother Nature to cut loose bad on it

Geesh it is always something.Need to get some grass seed out in some spots and got some wildflower seed to put in one area of the bed I am doing. That ought to p i s s off some- they look like weeds but oh when they bloom!!! I had some cosmos once that get 5ft tallish and were WOW, along with the black eye susan and others....
plus need to mow...thanks to all the rain,yuck
well off to put groceries up I tell ya what, the price of groceries these days, we should all be as thin as toothpicks, rotfl...and just eat oatmeal 24/7

Old 05-04-2009, 06:43 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,347,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Shelly! You made it back ok! I love the pictures, the hat and you! Looked like you were having a great time rooting for your pony and sipping mint juleps..the scar is barely noticeable, if you hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have even seen it..

Lorrie, don't blame you for driving..are you talking about the house values going up like on Zillow or something? Sorry I was sleeping I know the stock market is heading upwards a bit so maybe that's a good sign, and the buyers will follow, especially with that tax credit~

Painter, how BIG is your house? did you say 31 doors? oh my...i hope they find your neighbors horse..sounds fishy to me..

NJ will check out your blog..

Oh oh heres a good one..last night when Dogpaw got home and was taking stuff out of the jeep the neighbor was outside, he said hello to her, nothing. he said hello again and she said hello real coldly..so he apologized for jumping the gun the other night and she said 'they have classes for that' so of course he says 'classes for what' and she says 'anger management'..hahaha
ok so i never said a word to him about my conversation with her and what she feels is the problem, abuse or whatever..i will tell him one of these days, i just thought it was funny to see the look on his face when he came in the house..its a regular soap opera here...

Later campers..

DOGMOM-!! I don't have a blog sweetie lol........I should though!

Lacey---------Lorrie----------------Niki----------Brookdale!CCrazyma!Painter--------how are you ladies!

TEX- YOU look mahvelous sista!!! I am so glad you had a blast at the Derby---
thanks for sharing the pics!!
I have to run to Manhattan tomorrow with the diva lol......I have the worst crampsssssssssssssssssssssss---good ole PMS setting in....
Hi to everyone.. Sorry to be anti- social but I am not feeling good!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:45 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,183,768 times
cramps.....pore dearie...never had 'em so I have no idea. Maybe a heating pad?

Old 05-04-2009, 07:07 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Welcome back Texas...you look very glamorous with the fancy feminine hat and the sunglasses. Love the bright pink and black, really pretty. Did you see any famous people at the Derby? Your scar is very slight. They did an awesome job. How much $ did you win? Did your friend make any good bets?

Dogmom, did I miss something about the approval for the loan? You should have been a psychologist...you seem to have potential clients all around you. It makes you wonder about what exactly has happened to your man-hating neighbor to make her like that? Maybe she was a victim of domestic violence, and still needs to heal. She seems to be projecting her own personal demons onto your relationship with Dogpa. She really needs a check up from the neck up.

Hi Brookdale...how's the house repairs coming along?

Painter, that's weird about the missing horse. Does the missing/lost/stolen horse have a lip tatoo, or any other identifying features, that could be reported to a vet? If someone was transporting a stolen horse, do they still have to have a negative coggins test?

Lorrie, hope you enjoy Florida, and the tests come back clear from cancer for your hubby. Saying a prayer for him.

Crazyma, hope you have enjoyed your jaunt to Margaritaville. How are you feeling today? By the way, the sawmill noise was noticeable...kinda like the sound of one truck with it's engine running, parked a few blocks away. Not bad at all.

Was going to list the week before last, but got cold feet. Called our re agent, and left a message. Got a message on my cell, that she was going away, as her father was very ill. Well, she left me a message on Saturday that he passed away...so sad. I would like to send a card, but would it be appropriate to send it to her office? I don't know her home address.

The stock market seems to be doing better! Hope things keep getting better, but do it slow, and steady. Tired of all the bursting bubbles.

Hi NJ...feel better sweetie...800 mg. Motrin should help. Have fun in the city with the Diva...another shoot?

Last edited by tambre; 05-04-2009 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: say hi

Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,809,148 times
The insurance company for my neighbor sent someone out today (finally) to look at the damage. She took a few pics and left. Didn't even write down anything. Will take a week to get a check! I asked her to call me as soon as she has a number. This should be interesting.

Sorry I'm not keeping up with you all. Hope you're all doing well.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:28 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
DOGMOM-!! I don't have a blog sweetie lol........I should though!

Lacey---------Lorrie----------------Niki----------Brookdale!CCrazyma!Painter--------how are you ladies!

TEX- YOU look mahvelous sista!!! I am so glad you had a blast at the Derby---
thanks for sharing the pics!!
I have to run to Manhattan tomorrow with the diva lol......I have the worst crampsssssssssssssssssssssss---good ole PMS setting in....
Hi to everyone.. Sorry to be anti- social but I am not feeling good!
Feel better my friend

Old 05-04-2009, 07:33 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,148,944 times
Hey Brookdale...it's such a busy thread. Everyone on here is fantastic. Everything is good with me. My daughter is car shopping...got t-boned last week. She's also waiting for an insurance estimate. It's funny, when they x-rayed her neck, she has an extra vertabrae...think it's called giraffe neck.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:38 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,273,875 times
Brookdale, keep up as you can...i have a hard time and I don't have a life..hopefully you get new a/c before it gets HOT..

Like it's not stressful enough here without the nutjob next door. I am still iffy about leaving and leaving the dogs home..I know that sounds paranoid but people can do some awful things and...well thats just an ugly thought, isn't it.

My mom and dad want me to fly down to SoCal and spend a few days with them, since I have not seen the new house yet..I had thought about going later this week, but my paranoid self tells me if I see the place and make it 'mine' if only in my head for now, I am gonna jinx the whole dam thing..then I will be double devastated. so I will see it when it's ours..good Lord between my Dad and Dogpaw, I have plenty of pictures, I know the neighborhood, its good. So I am going to wait.

Tambre, Didnt hear anything on our loan, we had to mail back final loan papers, you know the ones they send you with all your info filled out, about 20 pages of stuff...sent that back like on Wed so would have heard if it had not gotten there, think it was mailed back to the underwriter as it was a different city and person than the guy we have been dealing with in Palm Springs. We had to sign and fax back the sellers disclosures on Saturday, he had already signed, i was waiting for an answer to a question, and supposedly our agent was going to be working on our file all day yesterday according to Dogpaw.
So Tambre, I think it's going ok, just anxious and now with the neighborhood stuff, I just want to go NOW

Well my nice Mr. Dogpaw just poured us a couple glasses of his favorite blackberry wine from our fave winery here..soo...I'll be back later..

Old 05-04-2009, 08:04 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
well it looks like I missed all the talkin' again, a day late and a dollar short as always. Inflation hasn't hit the old sayings yet. Just cleaned up the kitchen and wanted to check on everyone. I made chick/dressing cassarole for supper, pretty good if I do say so my self and it is so easy. The boys got chicken and broth with there food too so they are happy with me for now.
No word on the missing horse, I doubt if its tatted for id but if it just got out there is no telling where he would of made off too. We had a good storm here and if it spooked it could cover alot of ground in 12 hrs or more. I have notified all the local farmers to watch for it in their fields so I just hope they find him soon. As to the coggins, yes you are required to have a neg. report when ever you transport. But I crossed 2 state lines with mine and was never questioned or stopped. IF he was stolen they could make it to their barn/lot without question here. Who knows..........
Crazyma, If the roof is for appearances only, hell leave it till its a have too. And wait till late fall now, roofers drop prices when business is hurting you know.
OKay Castle is on, so off to watch the tube for abit............nite all

Old 05-04-2009, 09:24 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,809,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
Hey Brookdale...it's such a busy thread. Everyone on here is fantastic. Everything is good with me. My daughter is car shopping...got t-boned last week. She's also waiting for an insurance estimate. It's funny, when they x-rayed her neck, she has an extra vertabrae...think it's called giraffe neck.
Glad you're good. Never heard of an extra vertabrae

Dogmom, take it easy on the wine....you might not be back here tonight!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate