Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2009, 08:16 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times

Advertisements

Hey Painter, I am bored out of my mind. I need to get out of here..somewhere. wish i felt good enough to go somewhere, anywhere.
I envy that you have property you can at least walk on..at this point I dont feel like I eve want to go out in my itty bitty front yard and pull weeds. Damn neighbors have kind of ruined my little piece of paradise here. Now, someone has bought the vacant mobile right next to us and they will probably hate my dogs too

Sorry, I think I need a good cry or something...it's foggy and ugly out..might as well rain.. bah humbug..

Well on that upper, lol..hope you are doing better than me my friend..

Old 05-09-2009, 08:23 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Dogmom, You poor thing! I know the rain is horrible and depressing gosh I have had more than enough this yr. Dont worry about the newbies yet, they may turn out to be your bestest buds! Have you started sorting things yet? You need to get into something to occupy your brain and to help pass the time till you get the heck out of there. As to the envy on this place, all I can say is there is now more work to it than enjoyment, awhole lot of upkeep for just one ole women.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:36 AM

394 posts, read 1,048,669 times
dogmom - I'm sorry you're so blue. I understand how you feel - I'm anxious to get my house sold and move on with my life. Ugh - Oh well, I'm using my time wisely to organize YEARS of photos and memorabilia.

I hope your new neighbors are nice and DON"T hate your dogs. I'm sending positive thoughts your way!

Old 05-09-2009, 08:41 AM

I told dogpaw yesterday i wish I had room in here to put a BOX to start tossing things in that I want to take to CA..we are keeping this place so most of it stays but the clothes, and even the winter clothes will stay because where we are going, not going to need no stinkin' winter clothes for a long time..lol..

Also need to take the computers and software, cd's and dvd's that we might watch..or not..bill paying stuff, bank statements, that kind of stuff..

We just have stuff all over the place...getting tired of moving ten things to get to one thing..does that make sense.

I think if we had a close of escrow date, it would help. Our agent told us yesterday that she had talked to our loan guy...with countrywide merging with BofA, who knows how long it will take, our loan lock expires the 22nd so they better get moving. The file has been at the underwriter's for a week now, no one has called for any more paperwork or information, I guess we are just in the queue.

Thanks for your friendship, Painter..

Old 05-09-2009, 08:42 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Here's the NY version-you're fired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lmao. You got that right Lace!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Nj- just email her back and say "please remove"
and figure out a ay to block her emails
I think she will get the hint when we finally get a new realtor. I will tell her to please remove. I'd love to say otherwise ----;lol!

Quote:
OMG - I almost wet myself reading this. Tell her to get back on her meds and check her dictionary for what 'fired' means.
LMAO. c21!!! Isn't this c razy????????

Dogmom lol.............I don't think she understands what no means............lol.............clueless in NJ LOL>>>>>>>>>>>>

OVay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Painter lol.You are like me...I say what I feel lol and am blunt liek Lacey!!

I am off to see the eye doc about my droopy eye lmao!!
TEX______________WHERE ART THOU LOL>>>>>>>>>>I think we were cut from the same damn cloth.;!

Old 05-09-2009, 08:46 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseHappy View Post
That jacka$$, Drew Peterson, lives in my area. Bolingbrook is south of my suburb (Wheaton) and we have weekly if not daily reports of him. I am so sad for the families and hope they can finally get something to convict him for his latest wife's murder too. Stacy was so young and he made everyone think she left those little children. I can't believe in this day and age we still have police corruption like that. It has to be the only reason he walked free for as long as he did. Like I said, what an narsasistic (sp?) a$$!!!!! They are going to talk about him on NBC's 48hrs in a bit.

Hope all you girls have a fabulous weekend. I'm still trying to keep up with ya all!!! Every post absolutely brightens my day.

By the way- a side note- my DH, FMV, has decided the jerks on the RE forum are just not worth his time and frustration so he says he's done. I told him I don't believe him. They've been a little more quiet over on those "doomer" threads cause they probably realize they are not going to see the RE market crumble like they thought it would. I told him I miss his arguements with some of those dummies. But I'm sticking with my new friends on this kind campsight. You girls rock! Good luck with all the showings this weekend and I'll say lots of prayers that the offers start pouring in for everyone who's selling.

Have a good night all.
OMG! I AM FOLLOWING THIS CASE TOO . He is sick. I can't believe you live in the same town!I taped Dateline last nite and the tape ran out when we got to drew LOL>DAMN IT>>>>>>>>>>>>. hE IS NUTS. OMG> wHAT do women see in this old baggedy man.............??? His bags have bags! I hope they convict him on Stacy P. too!! I am sure the family of Kathy Savio is so relieved they finally have the dirtball!

He is gross. I hope the present fiancee dumps him since he wont be getting out anytime soon!!!!!!! 20 million bond I hear!!! He is a pompous ass... This is how this town acts too with the pompous bastads that patrol here.. I have never seen such nasty, pompous jerks! there are too many police here for a town of 20 thousand!! What a joke. If someone speeds here at least 3 cops pulll them over!!and the nastiness. Badge heavy I must say!!redneck losers LOL!!

Old 05-09-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the Pines View Post
dogmom - I'm sorry you're so blue. I understand how you feel - I'm anxious to get my house sold and move on with my life. Ugh - Oh well, I'm using my time wisely to organize YEARS of photos and memorabilia.

I hope your new neighbors are nice and DON"T hate your dogs. I'm sending positive thoughts your way!
Thanks, ITP..I'll be ok...I wish I had my photos and scrapping goods here, they are all in storage...my heart probably would not be in it anyway.

Going to lay down for a bit..dogs got me up to dang early I guess...crabby!

Old 05-09-2009, 10:18 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
the more i read on CD, the more I think I am a freaking genius I swear there seems to be an abundance of illogical, rude, snooty, know it alls, ill-mannered, jerks in the world..ya think????
or is it me?!!?

off to be busy here ttyl

Old 05-09-2009, 11:55 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
Crazyma, It is amazing the mass number of them, but you left out the great pretenders and the wannabes. I too can be rude and sometimes it slips but goose me Louise I wish I could say what is really on my mind but then I would miss the few here there are "good" folks.

Old 05-09-2009, 12:06 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,042,891 times
Wink good morning to ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
Yep JOY welcome to the nut house
and most of the freaks on HERE, know we are LOL

( okay peeps settle now, I am talking about me, myself and I)

Panama huh? so care to share a quick tidbit on how you wound up there?? If that isn't too nosy?!
Is it really a decent place for Americans to live???
well, sit back mama, prop up your feet 'cause this ain't gonna be a quick tidbit 'cause well it's just too long of a tale about the blonde in panama! 1st i just love this country and the ppl here are just great - been here oh i'd say about 4 1/2 years now. actually the reason i got into RE in the states (was a paralegal, married - i thought, 'nother story - to an attorney) was b/c i knew i wanted to live in central amercia someday - from way back a million years ago when i was a wee lass.

anyway me and the AH separated and decided didn't want to have anything to do with attys anymore (wait til i get to the ironic part of that), so evaluated everything i'd done over the past million years and with my skill sets RE natural evolution. client of my pseudo ex heard i was going into RE and he had just bought a franchise office, so wanted me to help him set it up, organize, recruit yadda yadda yadda 'cause i'd done stuff like that before, so went to work for him while i was taking RE classes.

but unlike all the wanna be's in RE here and OMG most ppl have no clue about RE, i wanted to make sure i would be good at it so i just built that ole ladder w/ending up in CA the end result. a lot of prayer 'cause most people thought i was crazy for where i wanted to end up so i took my classes ended up with like a 98%, took the exam and Colorado single licensing state so had to take general portion and the broker portion and at that time only about 15% of people in the state passed the first time 'cause test was an absolute *****. then i had license but had to put it to the test ya know? just b/c i passed test first time didn't mean 'OK lets head to CA'.

was top agent my first quarter, worked like a frigging dog (tho always had strong work ethic 'cause daddy always told me if i couldn't give something 100% and everything i had, to just not bother doin' it at all). anyway point is, i was right that RE was a good fit for me where i could still help people (what i liked about doin' paralegal work), but w/o all the negativity like parents with kids in trouble or ppl going thu divorces, ya know? instead of holding their hands when their dreams were shattering i could help them make their dream of owning a home a reality (which is actully my brokerages slogan 'making dreams a reality')

sooooooooo in the meantime i was doing initial research on where in CA I wanted to have my own ofices. pretty much eliminated all countries to whittle it down to either costa rica or panama. spent 3 weeks, by myself in CR (another story) and while it was beautiful, didn't have no problems (other than almost ending up in nicaragua b/c signage sucked) but knew that was not where i was supposed to be. like i said a lot of prayer went into this decision and i just knew, ya know?

a friend of mine was a realtor with ERA and we were talkin and she asked if i'd been to panama yet; said no, just got back from CR. she told me she was spending an entire month there 'cause she owned property in bocas del toro and boquete and i should hop on down with her to check it out. so i made sure my clients taken care of and well, the rest is history. i knew the minute i landed that this was where the good lord above wanted me to be - i mean i knew, absolutely, positively this was where i was supposed to be.

so made several more trips down and heard the absolute horror stories of how RE was being conducted in western PA and thought 'yep, this is where i should be' (bein an ol' oklahoma country girl always love a challenge) so applied for franchise rights for bocas and boquete. it does pay to listen to what the man/woman upstairs is tellin' us b/c when i put in my app they told me someone already had 1st right of refusal on bocas - and i told them that was part of my 5 year plan so . . . . didn't want to leave my system but . . . they moved the other person out of the way so i could secure the rights and i moved here on new years eve of 2004.

i brought first worldwide RE franchise into essentially the wild wild west, and kiddies i ain't a lying. i need to write a friggin book on what i've seen over the last 4 years. and let's just say i wasn't the most popular girl at the dance bringin' a franchise in, operatating according to US standards of practice, and raining on a lot of AH parades by educating the community that net listings were WRONG, making sure the indians could read the contracts and essentially doin' everything different than everyone else in the area. actually i do everything different than pretty much everyone in CA

now my 1st office in bocas been open over 4 years, boquete over 2 years and just opened an info center in the city of david so i could cover the entire western hump of panama. i live in panamanian neighborhood (the adopted gringa of the Serrano's)- always have lived around the locals, not expats. on christmas my neighbor even brought me over a huge plate of food, they watch the house for me when i'm not home, even plant flowers for me so when i come home i have new flowers to look at. reminds of US in like the '60s/'70s when everyone knew everyone, looked after each other etc. very different than colorado which is where i had moved here from - was raised in OK but left at 18.

a lot of expats from around the world, especially north americans live in panama, much lower cost of livin' here, if someone is a retiree they get the same discounts as locals (restaurants, travel, hotels - they even have their own line in the banks!) the only negative and this is where i mentioned the irony above, is that unlike in colorado where the realtor essentially controlled the destiny of a transaction, here it is all thru attys. and god i hate attorneys who can turn a simple thing into total CF. in 4+ years of operation i can count on one hand the number of contracts that have been 100% correct - some so bad i've had to do a 'save as, revised by c21' and rewrite the thing. of course then the buyer's atty gets credit for a kick-butt contract, but i have to personally review every single contract, edit most or at least point out 'hey, jackass, the sale includes improvements - shouldn't we add that to binding contract?' DUH

when i first opened everyone doin' non-exclusives and fighting over them which didn't help the clients, and of course i only accept exclusive right to sell listings - even have developments listed exclusively and now more ppl working cooperatively together 'cause they finally are realizing that it's better to get part of something than 100% of nada.

so that's how i ended up here, the locals actually like americans - well except the americans i don't even like (typical 'ugly american'), i've never once had problems and i'm a little woman, obviously a gringa - the long blonde hair and blue eyes do give me a way, ya know LOL in fact the only problem i had was a gringo competitor in Bocas threatening me and callin' me a MF in my own office - would have let the threats go 'cause the girl can take care of herself, but calling me a MF in my OWN office, well that's where I draw the line. when to the PTJ (detectives) and they practically begged me to let them take care of it for me - so i said, my brother, go for it - now that brokerage doesn't even have an office (& they're another WW franchise) they're hated in the town and probably won't be in biz much longer.

sorry to write a book but believe it or not this is not even the half of it - i'll have to do a 'part 2, 3, 4' but that's how i ended up in panama and i be one happy camper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate