Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 07:40 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times

Advertisements

We have a showing today 1130a-1230p............Wish us luck! I am off to the gym in a bit!! Have a great Memorial weekend all!!

Stoy--the WHOLE family got sick just before the showing??Ugh. People suck lol....

Old 05-23-2009, 07:53 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Wow NJSocks-karma by the boatful!!!!

Old 05-23-2009, 08:11 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,053 times
morninngg ppl, We have a gully washer here, since last night it has not stopped. So icky out, I hate it. Oh well, maybe a family of ducks will want to move here. Finally spoke briefly with agent last night, re: papers, says that he only got part of them and that he is waiting on a extension form of some sort because of the delay, it needs to be signed and that my ds is in GA till Tuesday. That he had one call on my place but they wanted to lease purchase it- NO. He is to call here in abit and we will be finding out what is going on.

NJ OH I so hope this is the buyer for you!!

Do you all think the Memorial holiday will keep people from looking? I sorta think that it would be a good time for those from out of state to be touring areas, but what do I know, lol!

Old 05-23-2009, 08:15 AM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,098 times
Good Luck, NJ!!!

Old 05-23-2009, 08:37 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
NJ sending tons of good luck your way

Painter, hope you dry out, glad you finally heard from your agent..it will all work out ok..

I got an email from Tambre, for some reason City Data is not recognizing her computer IP so she can't get on but she wanted me to let you know she will be posting as soon as she can get it figured out..

Ok, very dizzy this morning, not sure why..ick..later girls

Old 05-23-2009, 08:46 AM

5,273 posts, read 7,345,400 times
thanks guys You guys rock! thanks for the reps L!!!

Ok. I am really out of here now!

Old 05-23-2009, 09:42 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Finally spoke briefly with agent last night, re: papers, says that he only got part of them and that he is waiting on a extension form of some sort because of the delay, it needs to be signed and that my ds is in GA till Tuesday. That he had one call on my place but they wanted to lease purchase it- NO. He is to call here in abit and we will be finding out what is going on.

'bout darn time! and hope the rain stops soon!!!!!

Do you all think the Memorial holiday will keep people from looking? I sorta think that it would be a good time for those from out of state to be touring areas, but what do I know, lol!
Hit the nail on the head and ppl in-state, too. You'd be amazed at the number of people I've seen, even in the States, where it was Christmas holiday, Easter, etc. who wanted to look at houses - that was when they had longer blocks of time off work. The one major relocation client I got in CO called over Thanksgiving weekend and since me and my pseudo ex were separated, I was working over that weekend. I got the client because everyone else had somewhere to be but I was at the office (well, and other brokerages had previously turned him down 'cause he hadn't got the job yet - he did get it and I made the sale).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
I got an email from Tambre, for some reason City Data is not recognizing her computer IP so she can't get on but she wanted me to let you know she will be posting as soon as she can get it figured out..

That's crazy! My IP is Panama for goodness sake and they recognize mine. Hmm - modern technology is great, when it works

Please get to feeling better! Could it be the meds you're taking for allergies, headaches, etc.??????

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
thanks guys You guys rock! thanks for the reps L!!!

Ok. I am really out of here now!
Good luck NJ! Fingers and toes crossed for ya XX

Old 05-23-2009, 10:00 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Smile For Grandparents & Even If You're Not You'll Enjoy!

1. She was in the bathroom, putting on her makeup, under the watchful eyes of her young granddaughter, as she'd done many times before. After she applied her lipstick and started to leave, the little one said, "But Gramma, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper good-bye!" I will probably never put lipstick on again without thinking about kissing the toilet paper good-bye...

2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 62. My grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"

3. After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair.. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"

4. A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like: "We used to skate outside on a pond I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods." The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"

5.. My grandson was visiting one day when he asked," Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo and I said, "No, how are we alike?'' "You're both old," he replied.

6. A little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather's word processor. She told him she was writing a story. "What's it about?" he asked. "I don't know," she replied. "I can't read."

7. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me and was always correct. It was fun for me, so I continued. At last, she headed for the door, saying, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these, yourself!"

8. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use Grandpa. Now the mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights."

9. When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, "I'm not sure." "Look in your underwear, Grandpa," he advised, "Mine says I'm 4 to 6."

10. A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today." The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting," she said, "how do you make babies?" "It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."

11. Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher. The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant." The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked. "Sure," said the young boy confidently. "It means carrying a child."

12. A grandfather was delivering his grandchildren to their home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the dog's duties.

"They use him to keep crowds back," said one child.
"No," said another. "He's just for good luck."
A third child brought the argument to a close."They use the dogs," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrants."

13. A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. "Oh," he said, "She lives at the airport , and when we want her, we just go get her. Then, when we're done having her visit, we take her back to the airport."

14. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good, good things, but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!

15. My Grandparents are funny, when they bend over; you hear gas leaks and they blame their dog.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:38 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,843,220 times
Painter saw pix of Fla on the news-my God cars floating, homes flooded. You have had more than your share. Here we could use it.

Barb when are you closing?

I noticed when we were in town all the RE offices had placards outside their buildings with signs reading "Open House"? Never have seen that before.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:10 PM

2,505 posts, read 6,147,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
NJ sending tons of good luck your way

Painter, hope you dry out, glad you finally heard from your agent..it will all work out ok..

Hey Barb,

They fixed the disconnect somehow. Thanks for relaying the message. Hope you feel better soon. NJ...keeping everything crossed. C21, those are great sayings, and I'm not a grandma yet. I woulda repped you but....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate