Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2009, 09:02 PM

Location: Pittsburgh--Home of the 6 time Super Bowl Champions!
11,310 posts, read 12,367,988 times

Advertisements

Well here is a full report on my brother.

He underwent close to a 5 hour operation on his left femur (thigh bone). They put a rod in from his left hip down to his knee. His other broken leg (right fibula) was not repaired surgically. They are hoping that heals on it's own. If need be, they will go in later and repair surgically if it doesn't heal correctly. The surgeon said his bones came together anatomically correct without difficulty.

He is on a morphine gtt now and in/out of it so I came home. His vitals are stable. He is one lucky man--God was watching out for him and also the prayers of so many wonderful friends (y'all know who I mean) helped tremendously.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:02 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,180,895 times
okay I have to rant....my 'step' mom (that sounds weird- she became my step mom in my late 30's LOL)
makes me insane with her gloomy moods, woe is me stuff. Oh I have this and that and this.......
And gets me all worried about my Dad, too. Telling me he is laying around all droopy & My DD hasn't called in a while ( news flash-welcome to my world) I have a cousin that has had cancer for the last couple of yrs, and now the outlook is very grim...and he is worried he won't see him 'in time'....I have been telling them to go up there all this time!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think the docs have both of them over medicated on all kinds of crap. I mean I know they are getting older ( he is 83 & her 67ish) but geesh they seemed to be a lot better off before all these blasted meds, they started taking these last few yrs.
Diabetes meds for both, cholesterol, prostate, stomach for him. Premarin, blood pressure, Cymbalta, etc for her.
If that much med is gonna make me feel like crap, I swear I would throw it all out and say to heck with it...at least go down 'naturally'......

They Finally got set up for physical therapy 'cuz they needed something! And now they are mopey about that. I am so like, you whine about being outta shape and then you whine about the PT> pick one do it.

I suggest stuff to ask the docs about, but they don't. Like checking his stomach enzymes- as you age your production can lower, leading to digestive problems....I think he is just stubborn, and I think she thinks I am an idiot.....trust me I am not.....just because I haven't been to "med school". **** fire I could have. Ha, hindsight.

And good grief I have told them that just because the diabetes folks said they could eat ANYTHING albeit in moderation, They DON'T literally need to eat anything! Freezer section sausage and biscuits? Burger King burgers? Oh go ahead and drink a damn bottle of Wesson Freakin oil and chase it with a cup of sugar. And white bread? COME ON! And for crying out loud there are other FRESH fruits besides bananas. It is not like they can't afford to eat 'better'. Heck they can go across the street and eat at the main campus cafeteria!

And what part of eat several small meals thru out the day do they not understand- it helps your blood sugar be more stable.

GOSH I am gonna pull my hair out.
My mama would have been riding Dad's fanny to take better care, instead of patronizing him and calling him 'my little boy'.........PULEEZE

Okay I am sorry I had to get this out. She just makes me feel so bad and guilty that I don't live nearby.
She better be glad I don't 'cuz I 'd be making them take 10 mile hikes and eat seaweed. so there

Old 06-04-2009, 09:09 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Evening, campers. Dogpaw got home about 11:30 this morning, was to beat he went right to bed to take a nap. I laid down in the other room, I woke up at 4:30, he was outside walking the doglets, etc..he went to Subway to pick up some dinner

Strangest weather...it was hot again today..at 4:30 when I woke up from my nappy, it was 89 outside with 83 in the house..ugh. Well about 5 the wind come up from the west, a while ago it rained some, and now its 65 out and 74 inside, i opened up and let the breeze blow.. Guess the weather is supposed to be seasonal now again, in the 60's. Takes Dogpaw to come home and the weather goes back to normal.

took a pain pill....still some new breakouts and they hurt like he**.

Shelly, glad brother is out of surgery..prayers coming at ya'll..keep us informed.

Stoy, good luck on the 2nd showing tomorrow, maybe this is it.

NJ, I would counter with your best, see what happens..they might just have the money saved to make it happen while their place is on the market..you never know..

Where's Lorrie? Has she been here today? Niki, sorry about your son's bike..that's nasty to take it right out of your yard sweetie..he must have been devastated.

I need to catch up so I apologize if I missed anyone..Painter, Joy, saw your posts..ugh..might just turn in now that Carl is here and taking care of the critters..love ya all..

Old 06-04-2009, 09:11 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,043,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tambre View Post
C21, I forgot to ask how your trip went?
Well, and as usual, ain't nothing normal with anything I do. Trip to PC went good, hotel good except for the 'screamer' in room next to mine so I yelled out in perfect spanish "i haven't gotten any in close to 3 years so keep it down in there"

Meetings with well and finally got my permanent VISA as I had been in perpetual 'in process' forever (thank God we have a new government). Was in and out real quick, thanks to my attorney's assistant. Then the fun part NOT

I've checked in at airport in PC and then notice they're calling all passengers for both David (Pacific Coast) AND Bocas del Toro (Caribbean). Thought, OK, since they have 2 waiting rooms in security . . . then the horror begins

There's one plane and the woman starts telling all of us - ppl going to David AND ppl going to Bocas to board the plane. Well, that's when I lost it. My 1 hour plane ride had just turned into almost 2 1/2 hours. I was walking to the plane, calling my asst. (unfortunately sounding just like the ppl I despise 'typical loud Ugly American") asking her if they told her I had to fly through Changuinola, Bocas THEN to David and she was horrified; said no, they never told her that. So I told her to call the airlines and tell them that for 4 1/2 years I have only flown their airline but no mas - my asst. told the girl my name and the girl got real quiet, then asked 'this is the owner of C21 isn't it" and of course my asst. said yes, and I would never fly with them again. The girl starts stammering and gushing, oh we're so sorry, we had a shortage of planes etc. blah, blah, blah

So, me being me, when the attendant came by with drinks (soda, juices) I asked, in Spanish, for a cerveza Balboa - of course he tells me no alcohol, which is when I tell him, again in Spanish, that 2 1/2 hour flight is same as international so por que no?; he just stares at me so after a minute I let him know I was making a joke and I'd take a frickin' fresca.

So, instead of getting home during daylight, relaxing and watching my fav shows I was driving like a mad woman up the hill as fast as I could considering the evening mists and rain had started up.

So that's how my trip to PC went But I did finally get my VISA

Old 06-04-2009, 09:13 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Sara..that's the pitts..and its hard when you aren't there, but you know my folks are the same way, do what they want...maybe she just wants an ear to listen..maybe she can find another 'ear'. feel free to vent anytime...

Tex might know better than me, but sounds like they are on an awful lot of meds...what do you think Shelly?

Hang in there Sara, I know how frustrating they can be..we are definitley the sandwich generation..folks and kids..

hugs)

Old 06-04-2009, 09:16 PM

Tex so good to hear that your brother is on his way to mending! Yes God is still in the prayer answerng business....may he continue to heal.

Stoy Woo Hoo that is exciting- I have had that Chiro on my mind LOL...oh I hope so much for you that one of these folks will see HOME in your house (oh is that llittle girl and her famiily doing ok, that lost the child earlier??)

Tambre...oh wouldn't it be luverly if your showing was in the nesting mode??!!! I know we drove the owners at this house crazy, ha, we probably spent 10 hrs total between the two of us prowling around and 'looking'... I think they took our offer just to be shed of us LOL

Painter Is your girl OK, No Damage to her or car???? thsoe lightening storms scare me half to death!

Joy
liked the smoke signal tale Ain't God good...whether we understand His ways or not, the big man is in control

HEY IN the Pines how is your nephew doing after his surgery??? Has he been making good recovery?

Lacey You ever get warm up there?!

NJ- will your twins be out of school for the summer??

hammy what is the due date again??? Won't be long to little, what's it name????, bacon bit gets here!

HEY TO everyone else I didn't mention by name! Hope you getting ready for a great weekend!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:24 PM

oh Barb I like that- sandwich generation-thx for the laugh
hey, can you take those Aveeno baths with those shingles? Or baking soda? Something soothing on your skin at any rate?

Old 06-04-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyma View Post
okay I have to rant....my 'step' mom (that sounds weird- she became my step mom in my late 30's LOL)
makes me insane with her gloomy moods, woe is me stuff. Oh I have this and that and this.......
And gets me all worried about my Dad, too. Telling me he is laying around all droopy & My DD hasn't called in a while ( news flash-welcome to my world) I have a cousin that has had cancer for the last couple of yrs, and now the outlook is very grim...and he is worried he won't see him 'in time'....I have been telling them to go up there all this time!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think the docs have both of them over medicated on all kinds of crap. I mean I know they are getting older ( he is 83 & her 67ish) but geesh they seemed to be a lot better off before all these blasted meds, they started taking these last few yrs.
Diabetes meds for both, cholesterol, prostate, stomach for him. Premarin, blood pressure, Cymbalta, etc for her.
If that much med is gonna make me feel like crap, I swear I would throw it all out and say to heck with it...at least go down 'naturally'......

They Finally got set up for physical therapy 'cuz they needed something! And now they are mopey about that. I am so like, you whine about being outta shape and then you whine about the PT> pick one do it.

I suggest stuff to ask the docs about, but they don't. Like checking his stomach enzymes- as you age your production can lower, leading to digestive problems....I think he is just stubborn, and I think she thinks I am an idiot.....trust me I am not.....just because I haven't been to "med school". **** fire I could have. Ha, hindsight.

And good grief I have told them that just because the diabetes folks said they could eat ANYTHING albeit in moderation, They DON'T literally need to eat anything! Freezer section sausage and biscuits? Burger King burgers? Oh go ahead and drink a damn bottle of Wesson Freakin oil and chase it with a cup of sugar. And white bread? COME ON! And for crying out loud there are other FRESH fruits besides bananas. It is not like they can't afford to eat 'better'. Heck they can go across the street and eat at the main campus cafeteria!

And what part of eat several small meals thru out the day do they not understand- it helps your blood sugar be more stable.

GOSH I am gonna pull my hair out.
My mama would have been riding Dad's fanny to take better care, instead of patronizing him and calling him 'my little boy'.........PULEEZE

Okay I am sorry I had to get this out. She just makes me feel so bad and guilty that I don't live nearby.
She better be glad I don't 'cuz I 'd be making them take 10 mile hikes and eat seaweed. so there
Don't you just love how they ask for advice and then NEVER listen to the great advice you gave in the first place. But if their doc says the same thing you do...lo and behold, they act like it's the first time they ever heard it, even though you told them the same thing 2 days ago!! We must have the same family members Sara!!

Old 06-04-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom View Post
Evening, campers. Dogpaw got home about 11:30 this morning, was to beat he went right to bed to take a nap. I laid down in the other room, I woke up at 4:30, he was outside walking the doglets, etc..he went to Subway to pick up some dinner

Strangest weather...it was hot again today..at 4:30 when I woke up from my nappy, it was 89 outside with 83 in the house..ugh. Well about 5 the wind come up from the west, a while ago it rained some, and now its 65 out and 74 inside, i opened up and let the breeze blow.. Guess the weather is supposed to be seasonal now again, in the 60's. Takes Dogpaw to come home and the weather goes back to normal.

took a pain pill....still some new breakouts and they hurt like he**.

Shelly, glad brother is out of surgery..prayers coming at ya'll..keep us informed ..
Glad to hear Dogpaw is home. Feel better soon Barb. The breakouts should be stopping soon. You poor thing!

Thanks for the continued prayers for my brother.

Old 06-04-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c21boquetebocasgold View Post
Well, and as usual, ain't nothing normal with anything I do. Trip to PC went good, hotel good except for the 'screamer' in room next to mine so I yelled out in perfect spanish "i haven't gotten any in close to 3 years so keep it down in there"

Meetings with well and finally got my permanent VISA as I had been in perpetual 'in process' forever (thank God we have a new government). Was in and out real quick, thanks to my attorney's assistant. Then the fun part NOT

I've checked in at airport in PC and then notice they're calling all passengers for both David (Pacific Coast) AND Bocas del Toro (Caribbean). Thought, OK, since they have 2 waiting rooms in security . . . then the horror begins

There's one plane and the woman starts telling all of us - ppl going to David AND ppl going to Bocas to board the plane. Well, that's when I lost it. My 1 hour plane ride had just turned into almost 2 1/2 hours. I was walking to the plane, calling my asst. (unfortunately sounding just like the ppl I despise 'typical loud Ugly American") asking her if they told her I had to fly through Changuinola, Bocas THEN to David and she was horrified; said no, they never told her that. So I told her to call the airlines and tell them that for 4 1/2 years I have only flown their airline but no mas - my asst. told the girl my name and the girl got real quiet, then asked 'this is the owner of C21 isn't it" and of course my asst. said yes, and I would never fly with them again. The girl starts stammering and gushing, oh we're so sorry, we had a shortage of planes etc. blah, blah, blah

So, me being me, when the attendant came by with drinks (soda, juices) I asked, in Spanish, for a cerveza Balboa - of course he tells me no alcohol, which is when I tell him, again in Spanish, that 2 1/2 hour flight is same as international so por que no?; he just stares at me so after a minute I let him know I was making a joke and I'd take a frickin' fresca.

So, instead of getting home during daylight, relaxing and watching my fav shows I was driving like a mad woman up the hill as fast as I could considering the evening mists and rain had started up.

So that's how my trip to PC went But I did finally get my VISA
Airlines!! I was stuck in Baltimore for over 4 hrs due to "bad weather" out of Orlando on Tuesday. My plane taking me to Pittsburgh was flying Orlando to Baltimore. It was delayed in Orlando.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate