Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2009, 07:37 PM

2,364 posts, read 4,871,535 times

Advertisements

Hey gals, just wanted to stop in for a minute. We had a couple more showings, but nothing yet.

I just did a 4 day temp stint helping out at a warehouse sale for the company my next door neighbor works for. Helped to stock one day and then ran register for the last three......7 hours the first day and 9 each yesterday and today. I am totally and thoroughly exhausted and every muscle I own aches! I don't know how these people do this day in and day out. And, I forgot what a PITA some of the public can be!!! But for the most part 99.9% of them had those good southern manners. I had a particularly difficult woman and after getting her checked out the little elderly southern lady behind her told me "Honey you have way more patience that I do. I'm going to home and pray for you to have good days here" How cute is that!!

Stoy......I have a wonderful strawberry pie recipe that is as easy as, well pie!! I have 2 neighbors that beg me to make it for them.

Anyway, I know you gals need a laugh, so feel free to check out this thread on the Charlotte CD board:

"Tupperware" type parties with adult toys

I really needed that laugh! Gonna go and just veg for the rest of the night. Take care all!!!

Old 06-20-2009, 08:22 PM

1,869 posts, read 4,022,807 times
Roth, i think it was a one time thing! the pie came out pretty good, but watery. huh.
Painter, i still have several bruises and lumps from that bull ride last week!!

My mother called me today to tell me she was attacked by a turkey. she went out on her back deck and a turkey flew off the roof and landed on her head. when i stopped laughing and picked myself off the floor i asked if she fought back. she was too afraid and ran back in the house. she had seen a mother turkey with babies earlier so maybe the nest is under the deck?? highlight of my day!

Old 06-20-2009, 09:04 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
Egads girls, I am starting to become afraid of leaving my house, bulls, turkeys, etc...we noticed last night that in our outside entryway there is a big fake owl up there near the roof..and some chicken wire in the crevases, so probably to keep birds from nesting. kinda spooked us, lol.. WHOOOO...

Old 06-21-2009, 04:42 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,848,116 times
Morning all-good to "see" you Rothbear-been too long.

Happy Dad's Day to all those special Dad's out there.

No calls/no showings/no lookie on-line.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:49 AM

11,874 posts, read 11,045,353 times
Talking Turkeys, Owls and Bulls - Oh My

Just popped in to see what was going on in the camp and am just LMAO. Attacking turkeys, fake owls - and let's not forget about the 'tupperware party' Dear God - the video of the Japanese McDonalds worker with portable. Thought I was going to die laughing.

Roth what a cute story about the one elderly woman telling you she was going to pray for you after seeing how patient you were with the PITA.

Painter, try and stay cool - man 100 is waaaaaay too hot for me. Ugh. Think I'd want to sleep all the time. Hope you're good, amiga.

Crazyma we miss you

Tambre, your poor DH and you being trapped with wet, smelly dogs - at least you got a call the house showed very well (and even an actual 'apology for the inconvenience' WOW). Even though they 'said' they were done, when you got there they were still there, so . . . that sounds like it could be promising.

So to end this with a smile

Old 06-21-2009, 11:09 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Morning all---Everyone staying cool on this muggy day??
C21, It is to dang hot to even sleep! Have a feeling this is gonna be one long hell of a summer in FL, cant wait to see the electric bills, eeekkkks. Only been here 8 yrs and I dont remember it being this hot in June, now July and OMG August, oh yea. One of my neighbors passed out on the job site yesterday from the heat, young guy and he has worked outside for the pass 15 yrs. Glad I am not on a construction site now! Just dont believe that I could handle it this yr, thought it was just old age catching up but....

Oh well hope you all have a good Fathers day! later

Old 06-21-2009, 12:27 PM

11,874 posts, read 11,045,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Morning all---Everyone staying cool on this muggy day??
C21, It is to dang hot to even sleep! Have a feeling this is gonna be one long hell of a summer in FL, cant wait to see the electric bills, eeekkkks. Only been here 8 yrs and I dont remember it being this hot in June, now July and OMG August, oh yea. One of my neighbors passed out on the job site yesterday from the heat, young guy and he has worked outside for the pass 15 yrs. Glad I am not on a construction site now! Just dont believe that I could handle it this yr, thought it was just old age catching up but....

Oh well hope you all have a good Fathers day! later
God that's horrible about the young guy passing out from heat! That's just too darn hot for me - even in Bocas (Caribbean) it doesn't get over around 88 degrees. You don't even want to know what my electric bill is at my house in the highlands, though it is small and don't need heat or a/c but usually under $8 a month. I do not miss high electric bills - though one of my friends in Bocas who has huge 5000 sq.ft house with the only central a/c on the entire island pays around $150-200 per month in electric bills 'cause she likes it ice cold. I hate a/c anyway so when I would stay at her house in guest suite, I always turned it off and just opened sliders with screen windows (she lives at the beach so nice breezes).

Hope everyone having a good day. XX

Old 06-21-2009, 01:16 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,272,804 times
I am in the desert now, and a/c is a must, 24/7..and we have Edison which is about as high as PG&E is up north..not sure what the bill will be but will try to keep it up as high as I can to save some $$. I need to turn it down when I am working on boxes or whatever, i just get too hot. This house is smaller than any we have had so hoping with the insulation, dual pane windows and high efficiency a/c it won't be too bad, we only have 1400 sq feet. No pool or anything to run the juice.

I cannot imagine 100 degrees with the humidity Painter..I know it can be deadly...

Joy, Bocas sounds wonderful..Field trip, anyone??

Well, Carl just finished his shower, we put our bedroom tv on the wall above the closet to free up space and it looks real good. its a 32 inch flat screen..looks built in...thats it for today, some laundry and going out to eat later..

Adios, chicas, for now!

Old 06-21-2009, 02:12 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Default Happy Birthday Barb

Old 06-21-2009, 03:02 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,520,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaceyEx View Post
Barb-I have my pix out and have had on the LR end tables-they are my family and I am damn proud of it. I refuse to give in to the bs of HGTV,etc.

I am putting my angel's pix back on my sterile refrig-rebel that I am.

Fourteen months of this is enough.

C21 as far as FSBO-we're retired so always home, I know how to market as I did RE advertising for the NY Times plus was a mortgage loan officer so I can qualify people if they want. Our home is always in show condition as it's just us and I'm anal about neatness and having everything sparkling. If I can appeal to someone for $15K less plus they get their little govt. incentive than they're $$ ahead. I should've done this last time but with his medical problems I didn't. I might have been the hell out of here by now.

Can I have a big "AMEN" I just put my pix on my refrig!!!!!!!

Hi Lacey I just had to respond to your post so I will now lose my place.lol When we were selling our home I kept all pics out and I didn't even put any of my collectables away.I really saw no point in it and never did that either in anyone of our other homes. Make your home your home and not a model home without any personality.
I hope Mr L is better today on his day. (Father's Day)
Lorrie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate